Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A few words about...™ The Bishop's Wife -- in Blu-ray

A Few Words About Warner Blu-ray

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 of 89 Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname

Stunt Coordinator

• 240 posts

Posted November 04 2013 - 05:39 PM

I have contacted Warner about the mastering issue, and I have just heard back that they are aware of the issue and will be making corrected discs available. I will update this thread when I hear more.

Thanks Sean. This is a favorite in our house, especially for my wife.

So a question for you or Robert, is it worth upgrading from the DVD?

#22 of 89 davidmatychuk

davidmatychuk

Second Unit

• 290 posts
  • LocationVancouver, B.C.

Posted November 06 2013 - 02:56 PM

Hey, it DOES have the trailer! Hooray! And the glitch. Boo.

#23 of 89 Lromero1396

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor

• 640 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 11:58 AM

I have contacted Warner about the mastering issue, and I have just heard back that they are aware of the issue and will be making corrected discs available. I will update this thread when I hear more.

Fantastic! I'm so glad that the Warner is responding to the issue so quickly, but I'd actually have preferred that the release date be delayed so it could be gotten right the first time.

#24 of 89 bgart13

bgart13

Supporting Actor

• 843 posts

Posted November 25 2013 - 11:58 AM

Any news on the replacements being available yet?

#25 of 89 davidmatychuk

davidmatychuk

Second Unit

• 290 posts

Posted November 25 2013 - 01:05 PM

I didn't get a response from an e-mail I sent a week ago, but Dudley likes to take his time. When everything is made right, we'll all forget it ever happened.

• moviebuff75 likes this

#26 of 89 JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted November 25 2013 - 04:50 PM

In light of this, would it be safer to order direct from WBshop to ensure a properly encoded disc once the replacement discs are out there?  I'm thinking going through the extra hassle of a disc replacement might inevitable for a while.

In the mean time, I'll be holding off on this one too.

#27 of 89 Kevin EK

Kevin EK

Screenwriter

• 2,617 posts

Posted November 29 2013 - 02:24 PM

POPULAR

Full Disclosure.  My grandfather directed this movie.  It was the only time he was ever nominated for an Oscar for Directing.

Naturally, I pre-ordered this and had it by its street date. 

Now I'm hearing about corrected discs.  

My question is are they correcting the transfer issues, or just the glitch?

• DavidJ, JohnMor and davidmatychuk like this

#28 of 89 Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Archivist

• 7,320 posts

Posted November 29 2013 - 04:16 PM

Thanks Sean. This is a favorite in our house, especially for my wife.

So a question for you or Robert, is it worth upgrading from the DVD?

Yes.

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#29 of 89 bgart13

bgart13

Supporting Actor

• 843 posts

Posted December 07 2013 - 10:06 PM

Now that we're into December, has anyone heard anything about the fixed disc being ready/available?

#30 of 89 moviebuff75

moviebuff75

Second Unit

• 448 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted December 07 2013 - 10:23 PM

No. And they also need to fix the ending. The screen cuts to black way before the credits are over. There should be a fade out, not an abrupt cut. Other than these two issues, the film looks very good. Way better than the dnr on the dvd version.

Proud HTF Member Since: April, 2001

#31 of 89 Lromero1396

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor

• 640 posts

Posted December 08 2013 - 04:46 PM

No. And they also need to fix the ending. The screen cuts to black way before the credits are over. There should be a fade out, not an abrupt cut. Other than these two issues, the film looks very good. Way better than the dnr on the dvd version.

This is also a significant issue. I'm surprised it hasn't come to light previously.

• moviebuff75 likes this

#32 of 89 moviebuff75

moviebuff75

Second Unit

• 448 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted December 08 2013 - 05:12 PM

I checked my previous dvd version and it has the correct ending. It's a shame that replacements won't be available this holiday season. Hopefully soon though.

Proud HTF Member Since: April, 2001

#33 of 89 Garysb

Garysb

Screenwriter

• 1,408 posts

Posted December 08 2013 - 09:28 PM

In light of this, would it be safer to order direct from WBshop to ensure a properly encoded disc once the replacement discs are out there?  I'm thinking going through the extra hassle of a disc replacement might inevitable for a while.

I don't think so. I ordered Easter Parade from the WBshop many months after it was discovered that it was missing the Judy Garland documentary and my copy was still missing it. This was also several months after people who ordered from Amazon got corrected discs.

My advice is you are better off ordering from Amazon once corrected discs are known to be available.

#34 of 89 bgart13

bgart13

Supporting Actor

• 843 posts

Posted December 09 2013 - 10:17 AM

I posted a question to Warner Bros Entertainment on their FB page, but it's been removed. Or, I can't find it any longer. As such, I've sent a PM to WAC, hoping they can direct me somewhere (I know they can't answer, but they've been helpful before with similar non-WAC questions).

#35 of 89 bgart13

bgart13

Supporting Actor

• 843 posts

Posted December 10 2013 - 10:23 AM

WAC replied, they'll try to get info re: either the WB plans or a contact to find out more.

#36 of 89 McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Stunt Coordinator

• 144 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted December 18 2013 - 05:19 PM

POPULAR

Replacements are now out. Contact Sherri.Bogard@warnerbros.com for your replacement disc.

• Rob_Ray, JoHud, davidmatychuk and 1 other like this

#37 of 89 davidmatychuk

davidmatychuk

Second Unit

• 290 posts

Posted December 21 2013 - 02:51 AM

Two days ago, the very personable Sherri Bogard returned my e-mail within minutes, and after several quick back-and-forths I am now able to track my replacement disc, which a courier is bringing (I'm in Vancouver). Wow, Merry Christmas, and I don't think Blu-Ray is quite dead yet.

#38 of 89 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,121 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted December 21 2013 - 02:52 AM

Two days ago, the very personable Sherri Bogard returned my e-mail within minutes, and after several quick back-and-forths I am now able to track my replacement disc, which a courier is bringing (I'm in Vancouver). Wow, Merry Christmas, and I don't think Blu-Ray is quite dead yet.

What do you have to send her in the email besides your address?

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#39 of 89 davidmatychuk

davidmatychuk

Second Unit

• 290 posts

Posted December 21 2013 - 03:03 AM

Here's the initial e-mail, which I received 4 minutes after clicking on the link above, and sending a request for a replacement disc:

Hi David:

Just need your address and I’ll get the new disc out to you.

Kind regards,

Sherri

That's the first reply she sent. The next one just asked for my phone number to give the courier "because I reside in Canada". Hooray for Hollywood!

I've actually watched the defective one three times, and not one of the people watching it with me said anything about noticing the flaw (I didn't tell them about it beforehand). I'll still be happy to watch the replacement disc as soon as it comes.

#40 of 89 David_B_K

David_B_K

Advanced Member

• 1,421 posts

Posted December 21 2013 - 06:51 AM

I've been wanting to order this, but have held off because of the defect. I guess. I should just order it and get a replacement after?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A Few Words About, Warner, Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users