Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Canopus ADVC 110 -- B/W and Color Problem Troubleshooting

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   jetvideocooperative

jetvideocooperative

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 06:40 AM

Hi, recently purchased a Canopus ADVC 110 to convert VHS to digital, and I'm having a problem that maybe someone here can help solve. 

I've hooked it up to a JVC BR-S500U via RCA for the audio and S-video for the picture, and what is happening, over the course of a tape playing, is that the picture will be in color for a minute or two, then switch to black and white for maybe ten minutes, then switch back to color for a while.  Picture quality is generally good; it's just that I'm not getting color all the time.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  It's definitely not loose cables, and I've never seen a VCR do this before.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,641 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted November 20 2013 - 08:19 AM

Have you tried different cables or a different VCR?  

Sorry, have no real advice to you but if you can isolate it to a certain item, it could help in fixing it. Being that your canopus is somewhat new, I would kind of lean towards the VCR or cables or both.   Does it do that with certain VHS tapes? 

maybe a EE familiar with video output can help?

Jay

You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users