What's new

Amazon bumps free shipping amount from $25 to $35 (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Hmmmm...

I went on Amazon today and am unhappy to report that the dollar amount to qualify an order for free shipping has been increased from $25 to $35. That's a fairly large jump all at once.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
In Massachusetts, better do all your shopping before friday when MA will start charging 6.25% sales tax to amazon orders (not third party vendors though)

Jay

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
mattCR said:
Prime is one of the best values in the biz
Prime works well for us, since we also take advantage of the video streaming that is included with the membership. It's actually cheaper than Netflix streaming service, and gives you free shipping with no minimum order to boot!

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
ahhh, Sam means MD residents will have to pay sales tax on Amazon purchases now... :angry:

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
ChristopherG said:
ahhh, Sam means MD residents will have to pay sales tax on Amazon purchases now... :angry:
Well, technically, they had to pay it before. Amazon is just changing who is sending it to the state.

-Keith

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Doesn't affect me so much. Most of my buying is $60-100 at a time. And with my RF BD player, my buying has shifted to 60% Europe.Sad when you can buy it in France or the UK and it costs less.

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
Keith Plucker said:
Well, technically, they had to pay it before. Amazon is just changing who is sending it to the state.

-Keith
laughing-seal-on-beach.jpg

jetvideocooperative

Auditioning
Real Name
Jet Video Cooperative
More annoying to me was the jump from $2.99 base shipping to $3.99 base shipping per used item (which aren't usually Prime-qualified) earlier this year. DVDs just do not cost that much to mail.

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
Just tried to pre-order Thor 2 and noticed this. This will definately kill alot of my pre-orders from them. The whole point was that I didn't have to pay shipping. Now, I'll just pick up the disc at a store when it comes out.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Scott Burke said:
Just tried to pre-order Thor 2 and noticed this. This will definately kill alot of my pre-orders from them. The whole point was that I didn't have to pay shipping. Now, I'll just pick up the disc at a store when it comes out.
Just bundle it with another item to get over the $35 limit. I used to do that before I had a Prime membership for all my Amazon orders, even when it was a $25 minimum order. I hate wasting time and gas driving to the store when I can instead have someone bring it to me for the same or lower price.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Well... I only get free shipping at $125, and I'm actually pleased about that -- previously we never got free shipping at all, but earlier this year Amazon introduced free international shipping to limited countries, but the minimum spend is $125. Which I usually manage anyway, or I just accumulate stuff until it hits.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks