-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Anchor Bay Press Release: The White Queen (Starz) (Blu-ray)(DVD)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,322 posts

Posted October 28 2013 - 09:15 PM

white queen blu email.jpg white queen dvd email.jpg

“Lusty royal romp…”

– Boston Globe

MEN GO TO BATTLE - WOMEN WAGE WAR

ANCHOR BAY ENTERTAINMENT RELEASES

“THE WHITE QUEEN”

ON BLU-RAY™ WITH DIGITAL HD ULTRAVIOLET™AND DVD FEBRUARY 4th

Three-Disc Set Contains All 10 Episodes and Bonus Features!

Beverly Hills, CA – Get ready for a truly royal battle of wills. Anchor Bay Entertainment releases the acclaimed Starz Original mini-series “THE WHITE QUEEN” on a three-disc Blu-ray™ with Digital HD Ultraviolet™ and DVD set February 4, 2014 – allowing consumers to watch it anywhere, on any device, any time! Based on Philippa Gregory's series of best-selling novels, “THE WHITE QUEEN” is a vivid re-telling of the classic War of the Roses family feud (York vs. Lancaster) from the viewpoint of the women involved. The set contains all 10 gorgeous episodes of the drama, plus a bountiful supply of bonus features. SRP is $59.99 for the Blu-ray™ with Digital HD Ultraviolet™ and $49.98 for the DVD.  Pre-book is January 8th.

“THE WHITE QUEEN” is a riveting portrayal of one of the most dramatic and turbulent times in English history. A story of love and lust, seduction and deception, betrayal and murder, it is uniquely told through the perspective of three different, yet equally relentless women - Elizabeth Woodville, Margaret Beaufort and Anne Neville. In their quest for power, they will scheme, manipulate and seduce their way onto the English throne.

The year is 1464, before the Tudor dynasty ruled the country, and war has been ravaging throughout England over who is the rightful King. It is a bitter dispute between two sides of the same family, The House of York and The House of Lancaster.

The House of York's young and handsome Edward IV is crowned King of England with the help of the master manipulator, Lord Warwick "The Kingmaker." But when Edward falls in love with a beautiful Lancastrian commoner, Elizabeth Woodville, Warwick's plan to control the throne comes crashing down. A violent, high-stakes struggle ensues between Elizabeth, her most fierce adversary, Lancastrian Margaret Beaufort, and Anne Neville, the pawn in her father's power game - each woman vying for the crown.

Bonus Features:

• The Making Of THE WHITE QUEEN                     
  • Series Overview                     
  • Book To Series                       
  • The History Behind THE WHITE QUEEN              
  • THE WHITE QUEEN: Set Tour                   
  • Queen Elizabeth                     
  • The King                    
  • The Heir Apparent                 
  • Woman In A Man's World                
  • Conjuring Up The Queen/Magic                    
  • Dressing The Queen/Wardrobe                                  

“THE WHITE QUEEN” stars Rebecca Ferguson (A One Way to Antibes) as Elizabeth Woodville, Max Irons (The Host) as Edward IV, Golden Globe® winner and Academy Award® nominee Janet McTeer (Albert Nobbs) as Elizabeth’s mother Jacquetta Woodville, James Frain (“The Tudors”) as The Kingmaker and Amanda Hale (“The Crimson Petal and the White”) as mother to Henry Tudor, Margaret Beaufort.  The series also stars Faye Marsay as Anne Neville, David Oakes as George, Duke of Clarence, Eleanor Tomlinson as Isabel Neville, Aneurin Barnard as Richard, Duke of Gloucester, Ben Lamb as Anthony Rivers and Tom McKay as Jasper Tudor.

“THE WHITE QUEEN” Blu -ray™ with Digital HD Ultraviolet™

Street Date:                 February 4, 2014        

Pre-book:                     January 8, 2014

Cat. #:                         BD61412

UPC:                           01313261412080

Run Time:                   580 Minutes

Rating:                        TV-MA

SRP:                            $59.99

Format:                        1.78:1/16x9

Audio:                         English Dolby TrueHD 5.1, Spanish Stereo

Subtitles:                     English SDH and Spanish               

“THE WHITE QUEEN” DVD

Street Date:                 February 4, 2014        

Pre-book:                     January 8, 2014

Cat. #:                         ST61411

UPC:                           01313261411380

Run Time:                   580 Minutes

Rating:                        TV-MA

SRP:                            $49.98

Format:                        1.78:1/16x9

Audio:                         English Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish Stereo

Subtitles:                     English SDH and Spanish             

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 12 maudelilacs

maudelilacs

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 10:09 AM

Hi, Ronald--thanks so much for posting this information, which is more than I've seen anywhere else....I just want to ask you to please clarify a few things for me, since I'm not as tech-savvy as you are....

Will the February 4, 2014 blu-ray release be either Region A or region-free? and

Will it be the uncut/unedited version as recently shown on Starz, and not the heavily edited BBC version? The reason I ask this is because I just now checked the version offered on amazon.co.uk, which I assume is the BBC version, and it specifies a total length of 590 minutes. I just want to make sure that the blu-ray to be released in February will be uncut/unedited, which would mean either that the running-length information posted on amazon.co.uk is incorrect, or that the forthcoming U.S is actually shorter by ten minutes than the heavily edited BBC version--you posted a total running length of 580 minutes--and therefore would not be the version that recently concluded on the Starz network for U.S. viewers....does this make sense?

Thanks also for providing information about the inclusion of English subtitles; these help with understanding the accents and when the actors are speaking in low tones. I haven't been able to find this subtitles information anywhere else....:-)

Thanks so much. Sorry this message turned out to be so long....All the best, and kindest regards,

Anne/maudelilacs

Edited by maudelilacs, October 30 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#3 of 12 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,322 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 10:24 AM

Hi Anne!

First, welcome to HTF.  So glad you made it here.

I am really sorry that I am not going to be of much help to you.

I am not familiar with the show.  I am simply posting the press release

that has been sent to me verbatim.  

Let me write the PR person at Anchor Bay and see if I can get some of

the information you are asking.  No promises, mind you, but I will try.

• maudelilacs likes this

Ronald J Epstein

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 12 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,317 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted October 30 2013 - 10:35 AM

That info would help. This is one of the few times the BBC version is the edited version of an "as aired in the US".

A rarity you'll want a US release over a UK. That is...if they aren't the same(which would be a real pity...not to mention...a stupid move).

• maudelilacs likes this

#5 of 12 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,322 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 10:42 AM

10 minutes later and I receive an amazingly fast response from Anchor Bay...

These are the versions that aired on Starz with no cuts.

This is not region-free and is  Blu-ray R-A  meant for US and Canadian markets.

• maudelilacs likes this

Ronald J Epstein

#6 of 12 maudelilacs

maudelilacs

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 10:46 AM

Hi, Ronald--thanks so much for your welcoming words, and for your very kind offer to check into this for me. I had no idea that you would be able to write back so quickly; I just finished revising my original post to you. Can you please look at the revisions when you contact Anchor Bay?

On a completely different topic, I'm also trying to locate any available information about a definitive release date for a blu-ray edition of "Conspiracy" (HBO, 2001). Blu-ray.com gave a release date of this past September 10, but that date has come and gone with no actual release....I also am trying to find out whether, when ultimately released in blu-ray format, what region code it'll have, and whether it will have English subtitles. This film features lots of different accents, and actors speaking in low tones or often speaking over each other, so the English subtitles would be especially helpful....

Thanks, Ronald, for any information you are able to locate on both blu-ray sets of "The White Queen" and "Conspiracy" (HBO, 2001); very much appreciated....!! ;-)

Warmest regards,

Anne/maudelilacs

#7 of 12 maudelilacs

maudelilacs

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 11:00 AM

Hi, Ronald--it's me again, Anne/maudelilacs, your new favorite pest. I'm pleasantly shocked that Anchor Bay responded back to you so quickly: did they happen to also explain the discrepancy in total running time--590 minutes specified on amazon.co.uk for the BBC version, vs. the 580-minute length quoted in Anchor Bay's recent press release?

Also, in my most recent post, I asked whether you might be able to check your excellent sources for any available information on the supposed blu-ray release of "Conspiracy" (HBO, 2001)....please see my post just before this one....

Once I know what, if anything, you're able to find out in response to these last questions, I promise not to bug you further, with the caveat to ask you please to keep me posted should you receive any further information on either of these blu-ray releases....!! :-)

Warmest regards,

Anne/maudelilacs

#8 of 12 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,322 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 11:05 AM

Anne,

I sent another request to Anchor Bay.  I am here for another 45 minutes.  If they get back

to me after that I will post the information tomorrow.  

As for Conspiracy, I have no idea.  All I could do was check Amazon, and as you are aware,

there is no Blu-ray listing.

I hate to even guess what may have happened with that title other than HBO may have decided

either to temporarily delay a Blu-ray release or felt that there may not be enough interest, and 

pulled the title indefinitely.

Ronald J Epstein

#9 of 12 maudelilacs

maudelilacs

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 11:52 AM

Thanks, Ronald, so much for this; very much appreciated....I know that I can look forward to hearing from you if you uncover or come across any further information on either of these titles....

Have a great evening, and all the best,

Anne/maudelilacs

#10 of 12 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,322 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 09:23 PM

Anne,

The only re-confirmation that I am getting from Anchor Bay is that these are

the uncut versions of the show.

The only guess I can make about the running time discrepancy is that the

running time could include longer recaps in the beginning or some other slight

variation that makes each episode run a minute longer.

Ronald J Epstein

#11 of 12 maudelilacs

maudelilacs

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 09:15 AM

Thanks, Ronald, for the additional reply--very much appreciated, as always. Please keep me posted if you hear anything new....!! :-)

Warmest regards,

Anne

#12 of 12 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,322 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 09:20 AM

Will do, Anne.

Thanks for being here.

Ronald J Epstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users