Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Pinky, Elmyra & The Brain The Complete Series

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,574 posts

Posted October 28 2013 - 10:44 AM

pinky.jpeg

WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT RELEASES

THE EMMY ® AWARD-WINNING

STEVEN SPIELBERG PRESENTS:

PINKY, ELMYRA & THE BRAIN THE COMPLETE SERIES

ON DVD FOR THE FIRST TIME

JANUARY 28, 2014

Two-Disc DVD Set Features Over Four Hours of Animated Fun!

BURBANK, CA (October 28, 2013) – Join animation’s favorite laboratory mice, Pinky and the Brain, as they continue their plot to take over the world on Steven Spielberg Presents: Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain The Complete Series, available January 28, 2014 from Warner Bros Home Entertainment (WBHE). Tiny Toon Adventures’ frenetic animal lover, Elymra Duff, is paired with the hilarious rodent duo when she inadvertently becomes the mice’s doting owner, following a trip to the pet shop to purchase a turtle. This must-own, two-disc set will feature all 13 episodes of the Daytime Emmy® Award-winning series (Outstanding Animated Children’s Program in 2000), which is released on DVD for the first time.  Steven Spielberg Presents: Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain The Complete Series will retail for $19.98 SRP.

In Steven Spielberg Presents: Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain The Complete Series, Acme labs have closed, resulting in Pinky and the Brain ending up in a pet shop. Enthusiastic pet lover, Elmyra Duff, from the popular series Tiny Toon Adventures, purchases a turtle from the same shop, but does not realize the turtle is carrying Pinky and the Brain  inside its shell. With eccentric Elmyra as their new owner, Pinky and the Brain must endure her torture-tinged affection, all the while continuing their plans for global domination.

Thirteen episodes featured on the DVD include, The Girl With Nothing Extra, in which Pinky and the Brain attempt to make Elmyra popular, so that they may have more time to take over the world. Brain organizes the neighborhood kids into a gang, so that when they grow up, they will view him as a leader in The Icky Mouse Club. Pinky and the Brain test the black hole theory in Elmyra’s room in Fun, Time, and Space. In the Christmas-themed Yule Be Sorry, Brain has a dream that shows him what his life would be like without Pinky. These and several other laugh-out-loud episodes are featured in this set.

Produced by Amblin Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain was executive produced by Steven Spielberg. The series originally aired from 1998 to 1999 on Kids’ WB!   

“If you’re a fan of Pinky & the Brain and Tiny Toon Adventures, or just love clever parodies told through great animation, this is a must-have DVD release for your collection,” commented Mary Ellen Thomas, Vice President of Family and Animation Marketing and Partner Brands. She added, “Steven Spielberg Presents: Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain The Complete Series is a title the whole family can enjoy. Adults will appreciate the show’s hilarious pop culture references and kids will be drawn to its funny plotlines, multi-dimensional characters and eye-catching animation. We are delighted to bring this entertaining cartoon series to DVD for the first time.”

Featured Episodes:

1. Patty Ann/Gee, Your Hair Spells Terrific
  2. Cute Little Alienhead/Better… Living Through Cheese
  3. My Fair Brainy!/The Cat Who Cried Woof!
  4. The Girl With Nothing Extra/Narfily Ever After
  5.  The Icky Mouse Club /The Man From Washington
  6. At the Hop/Pinky's Dream House
  7.  Yule Be Sorry/How I Spent My Weekend
  8. Wag the Mouse/A Walk in the Park
  9.  The Ravin!/Elmyra's Music Video/Squeeze Play
  10. Teleport A Friend
  11. Mr. Doctor/That's Edutainment
  12. Fun, Time And Space/Hooray for Meat
  13. Party Night/The Mask Of Braino

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted October 28 2013 - 03:45 PM

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?  Are the last of A! even out?  I can name a score of former Kids' WB shows I'd rather see on DVD (WA Road Rovers at least, please?)  I know, I know, completion, but I bet many PatB fans would want to pretend this never existed anyway.

Edited by JMFabianoRPL, October 29 2013 - 08:30 AM.

CBS = Constantly Butchering Shows.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,608 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 10:43 PM

Steven should have to give back one of his Oscars for letting PATB get ruined on his watch. :lol:

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 11:02 AM

He should put Jamie Kellner in front of a 20 walkie-talkie firing squad. 

• MatthewA likes this

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,252 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted October 31 2013 - 11:26 AM

He should put Jamie Kellner in front of a 20 walkie-talkie firing squad. 

And that's just for killing WCW and selling it off to Vince at fire sale prices.

Anyway, I was expecting this to come out at some point, just not in a wide release. This seemed to me to be perfect for a straight to Archives release.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 868 posts

Posted November 04 2013 - 09:21 PM

I don't care what anybody else says. Any Pinky and the Brain is better than no Pinky and the Brain, even if it includes Elmira. P.S. I misses one episode during its original run.

I am wondering why we've heard nothing about Duck Dodgers season 3 ?

James

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,308 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted November 06 2013 - 09:10 AM

It's what the network wanted, why bother to complain?

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   MattPriceTime

MattPriceTime

Second Unit

• 374 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn Park, MD

Posted November 06 2013 - 10:39 AM

Honestly i doubt the hate campaign was ever even that big as it seems it was. I know the HUB having tv distribution deals for these brands are a good tie-in and reason to keep their sets at retail, but i can't help but feel if the hate was real this one wouldn't be at retail. Given the big honking profit machine they have called the archive, they must not feel the risk of not selling is that big.

I admit i care less of this brand of shows but still i don't see much hate fostered outside the out-of-touch internet lands. Perhaps this is real life shining the light on the fact that "plenty liked it just fine".

Blanket Quote for myself for all my postings from Feb 2014 and on

"i'm not shy to mention that i seem to be a major outlier on this forum. But i'm still highly boggled by some things posted here. But hey i can only be so critical but some things do bother me a bit, but to each their own. Even if it's odd conspiracies, not wanting to use terms correctly or just throwing hasty generalizations."

If the horse doesn't want to drink, i'm not going to lead them to water

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted November 13 2013 - 04:13 PM

Well in that case, maybe we will see season sets of Scooby series that featured Scrappy someday, given this. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users