What's new

CSI: Las Vegas Season 14 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I did not see a thread for this season, so I guess the series is really losing audience interest.This past week had an episode that saw the return of Marg Helgenberger. It was kind of a disappointing episode, I had not read up on the episode details prior, but thought she'd have more of a role in solving the crime then being used in flashbacks.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
...I had not read up on the episode details prior, but thought she'd have more of a role in solving the crime then being used in flashbacks.
Yeah, I figured Marg Helgenberger would be back too but I think I like it more that they didn't do a clichéd "Catherine, we need you back to help on this old case" type of thing.

Since it was the 300th episode, a license plate read "EPSD300".

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
Honestly, I watch out of habit - and because my wife wants to. I really wish Grissom hadn't left for he was a truly unique TV character. Nothing against Danson's work, but this show, while still well-produced, feels like it's on autopilot at this point.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
John Stell said:
Honestly, I watch out of habit - and because my wife wants to. I really wish Grissom hadn't left for he was a truly unique TV character. Nothing against Danson's work, but this show, while still well-produced, feels like it's on autopilot at this point.
It does feel like autopilot. I rarely even follow it anymore, just the occasional episode if the story looks interesting. I think Elizabeth Shue has really brought this series down. Don't know exactly why, but I just don't enjoy her. Even Ted Danson with all the constant whining about Seattle puts me to sleep. This may be the first and last CSI to come and go, but I really don't enjoy it anymore.

Was looking forward to Marg Helgenberger returning, but that was barely a cameo role, complete waste of time.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
An interesting episode tonight guest starring Patricia Arquette as a cyber crimes investigator. It's a pilot for another CSI spin off, CSI: Cyber. I thought it was pretty good and it felt like a pilot and after checking it in the TV Guide app, it was a pilot.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
From what I've been reading, CBS has been bullish about this spin-off. The ratings will tell whether CBS goes forward with it as a series next season. I'm also expecting that backdoor pilot for the new NCIS spinoff to be picked up to series.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen last night's episode yet as I've got CSI: Vegas backlogged on the DVR. Seeing the promos during other CBS shows this week I was struck by the thought that Arquette didn't look anything like she did in last season's Boardwalk Empire. Shallow perhaps, but there you are. :)

On a tangent, I'm not too sure about the NCIS spin off in New Orleans, I like Scott Bakula but that accent, and the constant use of 'Brother', really did not work for me in the crossover episodes earlier this year on NCIS.

- Walter.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Bakula's accent was hit and miss to be sure, but that's easily adjusted: either drop it or get a dialogue consultant who can work with him on his scenes between takes to do a better job with it.

The team and its makeshift headquarters were pretty well set up and appeared to be working quite well, and anything that brings CCH Pounder back to my screen will be welcome since Warehouse 13 has ended.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's finale for the 15th season was a very nice send off for Nick. They wrapped up the Harbor murder case but left a sort of cliffhanger for Finlay's character. Will the series return for a 16th? Only Sara, the Doc, Greg and Hodges and even Eckley are left from Grissom's watch.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I was initially disappointed that they (presumably) wrote Elisabeth Shue off the show but thinking about it, it's probably best that the Gig Harbor Killer actually did some damage and was a real threat rather than having another time where a team member gets kidnapped and saved.

Nelson Au said:
Only Sara, the Doc, Greg and Hodges and even Eckley are left from Grissom's watch.
And since Greg and Doc Robbins were guest stars for the first year or two and Sara left for a couple of years, Nick was the last character from the main cast who has been there since the beginning of the series.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I would love to see Elisabeth Shue dropped from the show. Nothing against her personally, but the way the character is written is horrible, time to go. The know it all, arrogant bitch attitude just doesn't work. In a real job situation, if I were Nick, Sara, Greg, etc. I'd have left long ago rather than work with someone like her.

Really looking forward to CSI Cyber. Patricia Arquette is a wonderful actress and I think this spin-off will turn out well.

Miami I hated (mainly because of the red-headed dork), NY was really pretty good, but Cyber could be kind of a restart and may even lead to the end of the Vegas series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks