Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

CSI: Las Vegas Season 14

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,043 posts

Posted October 27 2013 - 09:54 AM

I did not see a thread for this season, so I guess the series is really losing audience interest.

This past week had an episode that saw the return of Marg Helgenberger. It was kind of a disappointing episode, I had not read up on the episode details prior, but thought she'd have more of a role in solving the crime then being used in flashbacks.

#2 of 8 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,432 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted October 27 2013 - 10:42 AM

...I had not read up on the episode details prior, but thought she'd have more of a role in solving the crime then being used in flashbacks.

Yeah, I figured Marg Helgenberger would be back too but I think I like it more that they didn't do a clichéd "Catherine, we need you back to help on this old case" type of thing.

Since it was the 300th episode, a license plate read "EPSD300".

#3 of 8 John Stell

John Stell

Supporting Actor

• 818 posts

Posted October 29 2013 - 12:54 PM

Honestly, I watch out of habit - and because my wife wants to.  I really wish Grissom hadn't left for he was a truly unique TV character.  Nothing against Danson's work, but this show, while still well-produced, feels like it's on autopilot at this point.

"...you would not understand...You do not...have...daughters."

#4 of 8 Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,025 posts

Posted November 08 2013 - 01:31 PM

Honestly, I watch out of habit - and because my wife wants to.  I really wish Grissom hadn't left for he was a truly unique TV character.  Nothing against Danson's work, but this show, while still well-produced, feels like it's on autopilot at this point.

It does feel like autopilot. I rarely even follow it anymore, just the occasional episode if the story looks interesting. I think Elizabeth Shue has really brought this series down. Don't know exactly why, but I just don't enjoy her. Even Ted Danson with all the constant whining about Seattle puts me to sleep. This may be the first and last CSI to come and go, but I really don't enjoy it anymore.

Was looking forward to Marg Helgenberger returning, but that was barely a cameo role, complete waste of time.

Edited by Stan, November 08 2013 - 01:32 PM.

Stan

#5 of 8 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,043 posts

Posted April 30 2014 - 10:07 PM

An interesting episode tonight guest starring Patricia Arquette as a cyber crimes investigator. It's a pilot for another CSI spin off, CSI: Cyber. I thought it was pretty good and it felt like a pilot and after checking it in the TV Guide app, it was a pilot.

#6 of 8 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,635 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 01 2014 - 04:51 AM

From what I've been reading, CBS has been bullish about this spin-off. The ratings will tell whether CBS goes forward with it as a series next season. I'm also expecting that backdoor pilot for the new NCIS spinoff to be picked up to series.

#7 of 8 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,572 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 05:04 AM

I haven't seen last night's episode yet as I've got CSI: Vegas backlogged on the DVR.   Seeing the promos during other CBS shows this week I was struck by the thought that Arquette didn't look anything like she did in last season's Boardwalk Empire.  Shallow perhaps, but there you are. :)

On a tangent, I'm not too sure about the NCIS spin off in New Orleans, I like Scott Bakula but that accent, and the constant use of 'Brother', really did not work for me in the crossover episodes earlier this year on NCIS.

- Walter.

Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#8 of 8 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,635 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 01 2014 - 06:15 AM

Bakula's accent was hit and miss to be sure, but that's easily adjusted: either drop it or get a dialogue consultant who can work with him on his scenes between takes to do a better job with it.

The team and its makeshift headquarters were pretty well set up and appeared to be working quite well, and anything that brings CCH Pounder back to my screen will be welcome since Warehouse 13 has ended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users