What's new

The Twilight Zone (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
There is another thread that members have share there input on various episodes, but the thread appears to be locked.

I have the definitive package for the Twilight Zone and have been a fan for this show ever since I was introduced to in 30 years ago in synidication.

I am in different when it comes to watching the twilight zone as it is a great show. I do like to watch a few episodes during Halloween build up as way to get into the mood!

There are so so many episodes that it is hard to picked just one! I watch the ring-a-ding episode as it was amazing, especially the ending!! RIP - Rod Serling as you have provided past and future generations with some amazing work!!!

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Yeah, the themes to most of his episodes are timeless, with humor, drama, and pathos. His reputation is virtually legendary.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
younger1968 said:
There are so so many episodes that it is hard to picked just one! I watch the ring-a-ding episode as it was amazing, especially the ending!! RIP - Rod Serling as you have provided past and future generations with some amazing work!!!
Well, that one was technically Earl Hamner, who had started to move off of "country" episodes in Seasons 3 and 4 to just lame generically-set standard "twist" episodes in Season 5, but we get your point. :)

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I showed "The Hitch-Hiker" as the pre-show last night at my backyard theater. The feature was "The Conjuring."
preshow.jpg

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
My favorite TZ episode seems to change as I get older...when I was little it was THE HOWLING MAN, then around ten or so it was NIGHTMARE AT 20,000 FEET, then as I became a teenager it was TIME ENOUGH AT LAST. As I grew up it was A GAME OF POOL, in my thirties my favorite was TIME ENOUGH AT LAST, and my current favorite is AND THE SKY OPENED. I wonder what my favorite will be next, or on the day I die....? Just shows me what a great series it is, with so many great episodes.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I always said the Twilight Zone marathon should be on Halloween instead of New Year's, but of course, no one sits home and watches TV all day on Halloween.

Was at a party recently where a few people were talking about the marathons they ran recently. I said, "Ooooff - the last marathon I did was the Twilight Zone." That left one guy scratching his head.

It might be the best-written show in all of television, and certainly of the 60s-70s-80s.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
while almost all the shows had a twist to them, some of them also had a deeper meaning to them.

those where the episodes that i had recalled from watching them.

i am watching the entire collection at the moment.

i was a little disappointed, because i was expecting them all to have deeper meanings.

in truth, it is only about 1 episode in 5.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
There are so many good episodes that it is hard to picked my favourite. I will say this that I did enjoyed the following:

1. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734627/ - I like this episode as the national guardsman decided to fight with custer

2. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734563/ - I like this episode, especially as it let the prisoners get even with the guard

3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_of_Time_%28The_Twilight_Zone%29 - William Shatner's obsession with a game

There are many more, but the list would too long!! I like this thread as it allows us to discusss episodes, especially ones each of us prefer to watch!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I've always liked "Twenty-Two," but no one else seems to. I was a little boy when it first aired, and it scared the tar out of me. I still find it creepy: that "room for one more, honey" nurse used to visit me in nightmares, and long passages to a room at the end is a favorite scare device (it doesn't have a flickering light but otherwise, it's great).

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
jimmyjet said:
while almost all the shows had a twist to them, some of them also had a deeper meaning to them.
i was a little disappointed, because i was expecting them all to have deeper meanings.

in truth, it is only about 1 episode in 5.
Well, as a rule, the Hamner and Richard Matheson episodes don't. ;)
The Charles Beaumont and George Clayton Johnson episodes have a higher average, though.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
I've always liked "Twenty-Two," but no one else seems to. I was a little boy when it first aired, and it scared the tar out of me. I still find it creepy: that "room for one more, honey" nurse used to visit me in nightmares, and long passages to a room at the end is a favorite scare device (it doesn't have a flickering light but otherwise, it's great).
I like that one but I think my (and probably other people's) problem with it is that it's a video tape show and the cheap look weakens the episode.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I love "A Hundred Yards Over the Rim." Classic Zone. I would rate my ten favorites as these (right now..they often change.)

1. Time Enough At Last
2. Eye of the Beholder
3. Living Doll
4. Nightmare at 20,000 Feet
5. Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up?
6. The Odyssey of Flight 33
7. Walking Distance
8. Mirror Image
9. Where Is Everybody?
10. A Hundred Yards Over the Rim

p.s. I also love the last episode, even though most people hate it..."The Bewitchin' Pool." I love the idea of a childhood eden just on the "other side." Although, the Grandmother gives off eerie vibes, like not everything is as it appears.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
My problem with "The Bewitchin' Pool" is the fact that they used June Foray's voice to dub the girl during the outdoor scenes (evidently because the girl's voice was inaudible). It didn't sit well with me that in every other scene she sounded like Rocket J. Squirrel. lol

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
No Changes for me....

1. Time Enough At Last
2. The Howling Man
3. Nightmare at 20,000 Feet
4. Death's Head Revisited
5. Judgment Night
6. The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street
7. To Serve Man
8. The Hitchhiker
9. A Game of Pool
10. Mirror Image

jsteed

Grip
Real Name
John Myers
Matt Hough said:
I too find the episode very creepy and really like it. My favorite episode of the series is probably Eye Of The Beholder but there are so many great episodes in this series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks