Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Twilight Zone

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#41 of 301 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,347 posts

Posted January 05 2014 - 07:10 PM

Yep, women are like that. My ex-wife wouldn't watch anything but the Hallmark channel or Disney. Any shooting or blood and she went elsewhere.

It's sad Serling only lived to 50...what a mind he had.

My girlfriend will not watched anything that is black and white or is dated. She gets hung up on the clothes and/or that quality of the pictures. The issue is she rather watch "House" or "Batchelorette"  or "Survivor" or other shows. I tried getting her into Twilight Zone, but did not have much luck. I also tried Night Gallery as well as Ghost Story and no such luck. That is ok with me as I still like the shows and to me that is all that matters!

#42 of 301 OFFLINE   ColColt

ColColt

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted January 06 2014 - 08:04 AM

My ex-wife was terrified of firearms. She wouldn't even come in the same room where I was if I was cleaning one of them. One day she had done some washing and was putting my socks away. I was in the living room and heard a blood chilling noise from her and went racing back to the bedroom to see what was wrong. She said, "There's a gun in the drawer!!" I said, "Well, take it out and stomp on it". So, she says," Noooo!! You do it. I ain't touchin' that thang!" :lol:

#43 of 301 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,038 posts

Posted January 06 2014 - 06:58 PM

the mind and the matter - a good thinker for us

real martian - interesting, similar in idea to the monsters on maple street

obsolete man - ouch, i would rank this right up with eye of the beholder.  people talk about burgess meredith in the early one where he is the only one left on earth.  but i think this one is by far more important in depth.

i recall tz from a kid as having lots of shows with meanings.  the first ones seemed to  have only a few with real meanings.  the rest of them just interesting surprises.

but lately, it seems more of them are having some deeper thought to them - more like i recall.

i am interested to see what the last 3 seasons bring.

#44 of 301 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,038 posts

Posted January 07 2014 - 10:29 PM

i have viewed the first 5 episodes of season 3 - two, the arrival, the shelter, the passersby, a game of pool.

all have had something deeper to discuss - this is how i recalled it.

thru most of the first 2 seasons, they had sprinklings of deeper shows, along with others that just had interesting twists, for entertainment.

it appears as if they are working harder to have meanings in the episodes that go beyond just entertainment !!

#45 of 301 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,038 posts

Posted January 08 2014 - 07:55 PM

the mirror - another good thinker

the grave - well, i guess they cant have good ones all the time.  this was almost dumb - certainly the worst episode i have seen yet.

#46 of 301 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,038 posts

Posted January 08 2014 - 09:47 PM

it's a good life - i recall it well when i saw it as a kid - but not really a very good episode, looking at it with adult eyes.

#47 of 301 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,038 posts

Posted January 10 2014 - 08:38 PM

deaths-head revisited was good

but i found midnight sun, still valley, and the jungle to be weak - too much of this magic.

return to better writing soon.

#48 of 301 ONLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,105 posts

Posted January 10 2014 - 08:48 PM

Midnight Sun is one of the best episodes IMO.    And of course there's the bonus of how great Lois Nettleton looks in a slip. :)

#49 of 301 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,038 posts

Posted January 10 2014 - 10:13 PM

LOL - she is pretty

#50 of 301 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,038 posts

Posted January 10 2014 - 10:16 PM

once upon a time - was rod serling taking drugs on this one ?

this is so ridiculously stupid, it does not deserve the title of twilight zone.

#51 of 301 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,038 posts

Posted January 11 2014 - 06:57 PM

looking for an exit - kinda dumb, again.

this disc has been the worst for me, by far.

i dont recall the name of susan harrison, but i thought she was very pretty - the best part of the episode !!

#52 of 301 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,187 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 11 2014 - 07:20 PM

Jimmy, you seem to have the exact opposite taste of me. I love The Grave, It's A Good Life, The Midnight Sun, The Jungle & Five Characters In Search Of An Exit and I hate The Mirror. Different strokes for different folks. :)

#53 of 301 ONLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,105 posts

Posted January 11 2014 - 07:49 PM

"The Mirror" isn't my favorite but I appreciate it's intent.    Zircee's review of it in his book is one of the most laughable pieces of tripe I've ever read (he takes it upon himself to defend the honor of Fidel Castro).

#54 of 301 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,038 posts

Posted January 11 2014 - 07:50 PM

hi travis,

i tend to like the ones that have deeper meanings, that we can have life-conversations about.

quality of mercy - this one brought tears to my eyes.  nothing like standing in someone else's shoes to get a new perspective.

another one that goes right along with eye of the beholder.

#55 of 301 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,187 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 11 2014 - 07:56 PM

"The Mirror" isn't my favorite but I appreciate it's intent.    Zircee's review of it in his book is one of the most laughable pieces of tripe I've ever read (he takes it upon himself to defend the honor of Fidel Castro).

My problems with The Mirror are that it's cheap looking (that might sound like an unfair criticism when we're talking about a 1960's TV show but it's supposed to be in a different country so they needed to open up the scope to a little more than 2 rooms/sets) and I find it heavy handed.

#56 of 301 OFFLINE   David_B_K

David_B_K

Advanced Member

• 1,541 posts

Posted January 11 2014 - 08:28 PM

Jimmy, you seem to have the exact opposite taste of me. I love The Grave, It's A Good Life, The Midnight Sun, The Jungle & Five Characters In Search Of An Exit and I hate The Mirror. Different strokes for different folks. :)

I'm with you on those episodes. It's funny how someone's favorite episodes are someone else's least favorite. I guess it shows Twilight Zone had something for everybody.

#57 of 301 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,038 posts

Posted January 11 2014 - 09:26 PM

nothing in the dark - i recalled this one - a very good one

yea, 2 really good ones in a row.

if i had to name a weakness about the show itself - it would be the variability of the quality of the episodes.

#58 of 301 OFFLINE   DaveHof2

DaveHof2

Stunt Coordinator

• 153 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 12:14 AM

On days like this one has been, when this whole world gives me a headache, I always think back on the episode "A Stop at Willoughby." Point me to that train station.

#59 of 301 OFFLINE   David_B_K

David_B_K

Advanced Member

• 1,541 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 07:07 AM

On days like this one has been, when this whole world gives me a headache, I always think back on the episode "A Stop at Willoughby." Point me to that train station.

That episode is a masterpiece, IMO.

#60 of 301 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,347 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 07:15 AM

That episode is a masterpiece, IMO.

The message is still relevant today and that is getting to focus on career and not having the right work life balance!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users