Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Twilight Zone

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#1 of 301 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts

Posted October 27 2013 - 06:48 AM

There is another thread that members have share there input on various episodes, but the thread appears to be locked.

I have the definitive package for the Twilight Zone and have been a fan for this show ever since I was introduced to in 30 years ago in synidication.

I am in different when it comes to watching the twilight zone as it is a great show. I do like to watch a few episodes during Halloween build up as way to get into the mood!

There are so so many episodes that it is hard to picked just one! I watch the ring-a-ding episode as it was amazing, especially the ending!! RIP - Rod Serling as you have provided past and future generations with some amazing work!!!

#2 of 301 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,582 posts

Posted October 27 2013 - 07:30 AM

Yeah, the themes to most of his episodes are timeless, with humor, drama, and pathos.  His reputation is virtually legendary.

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#3 of 301 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 1,837 posts

Posted October 27 2013 - 08:07 AM

There are so so many episodes that it is hard to picked just one! I watch the ring-a-ding episode as it was amazing, especially the ending!! RIP - Rod Serling as you have provided past and future generations with some amazing work!!!

Well, that one was technically Earl Hamner, who had started to move off of "country" episodes in Seasons 3 and 4 to just lame generically-set standard "twist" episodes in Season 5, but we get your point.  :)

#4 of 301 OFFLINE   moviebuff75

moviebuff75

Supporting Actor

• 547 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted October 27 2013 - 12:43 PM

I showed "The Hitch-Hiker" as the pre-show last night at my backyard theater. The feature was "The Conjuring."

preshow.jpg

Edited by moviebuff75, October 27 2013 - 12:44 PM.

Proud HTF Member Since: April, 2001

#5 of 301 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,318 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted October 27 2013 - 02:37 PM

^ My favorite TZ episode!

• moviebuff75 likes this

#6 of 301 OFFLINE   Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,392 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted October 28 2013 - 11:12 PM

My favorite TZ episode seems to change as I get older...when I was little it was THE HOWLING MAN, then around ten or so it was NIGHTMARE AT 20,000 FEET, then as I became a teenager it was TIME ENOUGH AT LAST. As I grew up it was A GAME OF POOL, in my thirties my favorite was TIME ENOUGH AT LAST, and my current favorite is AND THE SKY OPENED. I wonder what my favorite will be next, or on the day I die....? Just shows me what a great series it is, with so many great episodes.

#7 of 301 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,944 posts

Posted October 29 2013 - 11:48 AM

I always said the Twilight Zone marathon should be on Halloween instead of New Year's, but of course, no one sits home and watches TV all day on Halloween.

Was at a party recently where a few people were talking about the marathons they ran recently. I said, "Ooooff - the last marathon I did was the Twilight Zone." That left one guy scratching his head.

It might be the best-written show in all of television, and certainly of the 60s-70s-80s.

#8 of 301 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,095 posts

Posted October 29 2013 - 03:06 PM

while almost all the shows had a twist to them, some of them also had a deeper meaning to them.

those where the episodes that i had recalled from watching them.

i am watching the entire collection at the moment.

i was a little disappointed, because i was expecting them all to have deeper meanings.

in truth, it is only about 1 episode in 5.

#9 of 301 OFFLINE   Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,392 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted October 29 2013 - 03:38 PM

I agree...there are about 25 TZ episodes in my opinion which are simply gems.

#10 of 301 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,095 posts

Posted October 29 2013 - 05:39 PM

i am still on season 2.

eye of the beholder is especially meaningful.

#11 of 301 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts

Posted October 29 2013 - 07:23 PM

There are so many good episodes that it is hard to picked my favourite. I will say this that I did enjoyed the following:

1. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734627/ - I like this episode as the national guardsman decided to fight with custer

2. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734563/ - I like this episode, especially as it let the prisoners get even with the guard

3. http://en.wikipedia...._Twilight_Zone) - William Shatner's obsession with a game

There are many more, but the list would too long!! I like this thread as it allows us to discusss episodes, especially ones each of us prefer to watch!

#12 of 301 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,587 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted October 30 2013 - 06:08 AM

I've always liked "Twenty-Two," but no one else seems to. I was a little boy when it first aired, and it scared the tar out of me. I still find it creepy: that "room for one more, honey" nurse used to visit me in nightmares, and long passages to a room at the end is a favorite scare device (it doesn't have a flickering light but otherwise, it's great).

#13 of 301 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,582 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 06:19 AM

In Praise of Pip has always touched me deeply.

Edited by Richard V, October 30 2013 - 06:19 AM.

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#14 of 301 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 1,837 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 06:26 AM

while almost all the shows had a twist to them, some of them also had a deeper meaning to them.

i was a little disappointed, because i was expecting them all to have deeper meanings.

in truth, it is only about 1 episode in 5.

Well, as a rule, the Hamner and Richard Matheson episodes don't.  ;)

The Charles Beaumont and George Clayton Johnson episodes have a higher average, though.

#15 of 301 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,318 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted October 30 2013 - 09:16 AM

I've always liked "Twenty-Two," but no one else seems to. I was a little boy when it first aired, and it scared the tar out of me. I still find it creepy: that "room for one more, honey" nurse used to visit me in nightmares, and long passages to a room at the end is a favorite scare device (it doesn't have a flickering light but otherwise, it's great).

I like that one but I think my (and probably other people's) problem with it is that it's a video tape show and the cheap look weakens the episode.

#16 of 301 OFFLINE   moviebuff75

moviebuff75

Supporting Actor

• 547 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted October 30 2013 - 09:23 AM

I love "A Hundred Yards Over the Rim." Classic Zone. I would rate my ten favorites as these (right now..they often change.)

1. Time Enough At Last

2. Eye of the Beholder

3. Living Doll

4. Nightmare at 20,000 Feet

5. Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up?

6. The Odyssey of Flight 33

7. Walking Distance

8. Mirror Image

9. Where Is Everybody?

10. A Hundred Yards Over the Rim

p.s. I also love the last episode, even though most people hate it..."The Bewitchin' Pool." I love the idea of a childhood eden just on the "other side." Although, the Grandmother gives off eerie vibes, like not everything is as it appears.

Edited by moviebuff75, October 30 2013 - 09:26 AM.

Proud HTF Member Since: April, 2001

#17 of 301 OFFLINE   Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter

• 1,250 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario - Canada

Posted October 30 2013 - 02:08 PM

My problem with "The Bewitchin' Pool" is the fact that they used June Foray's voice to dub the girl during the outdoor scenes (evidently because the girl's voice was inaudible).  It didn't sit well with me that in every other scene she sounded like Rocket J. Squirrel.  lol  

• Richard V and moviebuff75 like this
My DVD / Blu-ray collection:

#18 of 301 OFFLINE   Shatner's Grim Reaper

Shatner's Grim Reaper

Supporting Actor

• 565 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 04:06 PM

No Changes for me....

1.  Time Enough At Last

2.  The Howling Man

3.  Nightmare at 20,000 Feet

4.  Death's Head Revisited

5.  Judgment Night

6.  The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street

7.  To Serve Man

8.  The Hitchhiker

9.  A Game of Pool

10. Mirror Image

#19 of 301 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,095 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 05:27 PM

to serve man was sure a good one.

#20 of 301 OFFLINE   jsteed

jsteed

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 05:27 PM

I too find the episode very creepy and really like it. My favorite episode of the series is probably Eye Of The Beholder but there are so many great episodes in this series.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users