What's new

Dracula Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Ditto. Been a rough season for the DVR. Revenge, The Walking Dead, Vampire Diaries, The Originals, The Crazy Ones, Anger Management....yeah it goes on like that.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I wasn't originally planning to catch this, since I don't really care for vampire shows, but ended up watching since it came on after Grimm. Hey, I guess there is something to being a lead-in from another show.

Anyway, it was okay, but not great, as it just seemed to be all over the place. But it is only the Pilot, so I will give it a chance.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Without spoiling it for those who have yet to partake...

I like the entire concept(time wise in the industrialization of the world) and the "twist" as to the characters.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
At times, this show does remind me of "Dracula: The Series", with Drac pretending to be someone else. Though that show took place in modern times (1990 at the time) and dated.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm kind of liking the show, but could do without all the flashbacks (looks like another extended flashback coming this week).

With regard to the seers, I'm not really understanding the point of using them if all they can do is pinpoint a city/town. They saw Dracula's face, Alex Grayson is a pretty famous guy, wouldn't they have recognized him immediately and informed the hunters rather than just saying, "The vampire is in Town X"?

Then again, this is set in 1881, so Grayson's photo may not be that widely circulated. They may know the name, but would not link it to the face.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Very slow and I am still on the fence with this one. I will give it a few more episodes.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Rhett_Y said:
Very slow and I am still on the fence with this one. I will give it a few more episodes.
I believe this first season is only 10 episodes total.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
This has got really entertaining and it is a shame the ratings aren't better. Can hope for a limited second season again like Hannibal, Here's hoping...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks