Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Facing small problem with my Onkyo 3500

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   kummar1961

kummar1961

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 25 2013 - 12:56 AM

Dear all,

I am a quite satisfied user of Onkyo 3500. For last two three days I have observed that while viewing TV through Satellite/cable set-top box. When I change the channel, a different sound comes for a moment. I am not able to understand as sometimes there is no this particular sound comes. please advise.

Thanks and regards,

kummar

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,922 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted October 25 2013 - 08:13 AM

Taking a shot in the dark(Indian English to American English)

I think the problem(which happens here in the US as well) is when you change channels the source changes from digital to analog sound. And even from that difference there is digital 5.1 and digital 2.0. So, when you change channels there is a brief instance of the AVR having to figure out what it is being sent to it.

Same thing happens(if this applies to you, try it) if you play a CD in a BD player over the HDMI* connection. Every time a track ends till the next track that "dead air" resets the AVR and when the next track starts it takes a second or two to realize what is being sent.

*The way to resolve audio black outs for CD in a BD player is to use the second audio output of the BD(if your BD player has one) into the AVR. Then the AVR doesn't have as much to do figuring out what is going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users