Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Scariest TV Episodes...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 of 32 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,016 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted October 26 2013 - 04:54 PM

I absolutely LOVE American Horror Story (Asylum being my favorite season so far), but it's never really scared me.  Disturbed me, yes.  But never really scared me.  I did have one edge of my seat suspense moment though in Asylum when

Spoiler

#22 of 32 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,842 posts

Posted October 28 2013 - 05:54 PM

"I'm Talking Tina and I am going to kill you....."

Yikes
  • Brett_M and Ockeghem like this
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#23 of 32 Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 8,963 posts

Posted October 28 2013 - 06:44 PM

Todd,

Do you happen to know if that was the first of the 'talking doll horror' television episodes from any series?  I don't recall seeing it in any film either, but there may be some examples out there.

Edited by Ockeghem, October 28 2013 - 06:50 PM.

ockeghem2.jpg

#24 of 32 Brett_M

Brett_M

Screenwriter

• 1,304 posts
  • LocationMos Eisley Spaceport

Posted October 30 2013 - 05:34 AM

The "Home" episode of The X-Files is definitely scary, as are several from Millennium (any with the "Man-Dog Beast" vision).

There is an Outer Limits episode from the 1980s that I always thought was creepy -- "The Shadow."  Those who have seen it know what I mean.

• Zen Butler likes this
Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it meant to roast in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.

#25 of 32 Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,930 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 06:55 AM

"Trilogy of Terror" with the Zuni doll scared the crap out of me back in the '70s. 

• JohnMor and Brett_M like this

#26 of 32 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,564 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted October 31 2013 - 12:51 PM

That final image of Karen Black from that film was seared into my memory and caused many anxious moments.

• Brett_M likes this

#27 of 32 David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 1,964 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted November 01 2013 - 06:45 PM

"Trilogy of Terror" with the Zuni doll scared the crap out of me back in the '70s. 

An 8yo recently asked me what;s the scariest movie I'd ever seen.   It took me about 10 seconds to come up with my

top 3 -- Halloween which I saw in college when it first came out,   Rosemary's Baby which I think I saw on TV in the mid 70's

and the Karen Black part of the Trilogy of Terror (Chucky ain't got nothing on that doll).   

Only later did i think of Alien and some of the old Night Gallery and Twilight zone episodes, so I think this is a turn your frontal lobes

off and let the Amygdyla talk question..

#28 of 32 Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,015 posts

Posted November 02 2013 - 10:28 AM

I've never seen it, but have heard about it for decades. I was about 14 when it was shown, but have never been able to find it, even with DVDs, internet sites, etc.

Might be kind of a lame question, but is there a source somewhere so I can finally see this?

Stan

#29 of 32 mackjay

mackjay

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted November 02 2013 - 10:37 AM

I've never seen it, but have heard about it for decades. I was about 14 when it was shown, but have never been able to find it, even with DVDs, internet sites, etc.

Might be kind of a lame question, but is there a source somewhere so I can finally see this?

It's on Youtube: https://www.youtube....h?v=e1pnFLT_k5A

#30 of 32 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,490 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted November 03 2013 - 07:39 PM

It's been on DVD since 2006. Only $5 at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co...ilogy of terror

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#31 of 32 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,558 posts

Posted November 04 2013 - 09:31 AM

I saw Trilogy of Terror when it was originally broadcast and the Zuni doll segment just scared the heck out of me.  Hostile animated dolls have always creeped me out.  "The Doll" from season 1 of Night Gallery really got to me.  I think it was the teeth on the doll that really unnerved me.  

- Walter.

Edited by Walter Kittel, November 04 2013 - 09:33 AM.

Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#32 of 32 Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 8,963 posts

Posted November 04 2013 - 04:16 PM

Walter,

For me, it was the teeth and the sound effect as it moved across the floor and then attacked its victim.  I find dolls in general unnerving when they are used in horror films or stories.  Some of the series created by R. L. Stine (e.g., GoosebumpsThe Haunting Hour, etc.) use them frequently and they are fairly creepy in those shows.

Edited by Ockeghem, November 04 2013 - 04:18 PM.

ockeghem2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users