What's new

Twilight Time strikes U.S. distribution deal with Protagonist Pictures (1 Viewer)

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Maybe we'll finally get a decent looking version of Croupier.

calvinm

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Calvin
Bille August's The Best Intentions, Peter Greenaway's Prospero's Books and Terence Davies' The Neon Bible would be my choices from the Film4 catalog. Sadly, none of them are specified in the Variety article. The article also says that Twilight Time are attempting to get some French titles, which is exciting to say the least.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Going by the age of some of the titles already announced, I am guessing that whatever Twilight will be releasing from Film4 will be mostly '90's vintage, since anything more recent is likely still tied up in U.S. distribution licenses. I would dearly love a Blu-Ray of CROUPIER, especially with the Hodges commentary taped for the UK release, but I'm betting it's still held as an asset in The Shooting Gallery's library.

calvinm

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Calvin
battlebeast said:
Does this meen that Secrets & Lies (Mike Leigh) and The Crying Game might be comming out? Oh, happy day!!!!
Neither of them are distributed by Protagonist Pictures.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Ok, I misread; Both films are film4, and I thought that it was one and the same. BAh. Oh well. Maybe in another few years they'll come out again...

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
THE CRYING GAME is likely Miramax's in perpetuity for the U.S.; when it became a hit, they increased their ownership stake in the film.I would guess that both SECRETS AND LIES and CAREER GIRLS will eventually come out through Criterion, since they've already released other Mike Leigh films, and through either their relationship with Focus Features (provided they still have U.S. rights), or through their relationship with Film 4 (if the old October deal has run out).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks