What's new

Universal tv re-releases (Jan 7, 2014) (1 Viewer)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I wish that they would rerelease the first season of Dragnet (1967) on single sided disks.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'm definitely in for Leave it to Beaver S1 & S2 as my DVD-18s have playback issues. It's also somewhat curious that these 2 seasons are coming from Universal when Shout! has the license for the entire series. I'd have thought Shout! would eventually release those 2 seasons. Still, it's good news!

Hmmm.... I wonder if Universal would replace those defective sets with the new releases.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
David Weicker said:
I'd go for The Rockford Files S1. (And while they are at it RF Movies Vol 2).
Absolutely! I gave up on that season after getting *4* copies of S1 that had issues on the exact same episodes, but slightly different places, on each set. They (Target) were going to have me just get the 5th copy before I explained what I'd already gone through and still didn't have a playable set. They wisely decided to just let me return the last try for a refund rather than burn through the rest of the copies they had. :)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Universal seemed to be the worst for defective double-sided flipper discs.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The one Universal rerelease I want to see (well, aside from a Quantum Leap release with restored music, on single sided discs) is a corrected Law and Order season 14.

The original set was double sided discs, and edited syndication versions of all the episodes, the complete box set version was a single-sided release of the flawed original version.

The next season up for release is 14. Hopefully they fix it, instead of just skipping to 15.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks