What's new

Forum Landing Page - Topic Group Order Changed (1 Viewer)

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I noticed this morning that the forum groups listed on the "Forums" landing page have been re-organized.

While I certainly understand and respect the decision to put "DVD & Blu-ray Reviews" at the top (since many visitors to the site are drawn to that area of the forum), I would like to request that "Home Theater Hardware" be bumped up at least a few spots - to #2 or #3 on the list.

At least for me, personally, that's where I tend to focus my reading, particularly if I have just a few moments to check for forum activity.

Just a thought. Thanks for all the hard work. Keep it up!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Jason,

We appreciate the feedback. We've moved it slightly to reflect post activity in the various areas, and this may change slightly as we continue to monitor. You'll probably find that the order is slightly different now - as I'm continuing to refine.

Dave

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
The whole HT, remotes etc section should be moved ahead of video games section IMO and the reorg would be just about perfect. Good to see things shaken up a bit it a positive direction.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dave:

The first bit of feedback from me (can actually be found in the "Change/Add" thread in the Moderator's Forum).

But a couple of points here.

1.) The dropdown forum menu should parallel whatever order is being decided upon on the Forum Index Page AND the Forum Navigation Menu. Actually, I have always found the drop-down menu and the Forum Navigation system to be rather redundant.

2.) I continue to be distressed about the "red-headed step-child" status of the Bargains and Deals sub-forum. It is currently ranked below:

Other Diversions(!) Really? Listed below a catchall sub-forum for non-HT discussions?
Insiders
Home Theaters, Remotes and Accessories

And just barely listed above:

Feedback and Testing
The French language sub-forum
The Archives

Where's the love, man?!? :wacko:

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Alright, another round of tweaks. I would appreciate your feedback.

Mike - once we confirm this order, i'll go ahead and change the drop down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks