Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Predictions For 2014

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#21 of 116 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted October 18 2013 - 09:54 AM

Okay...after a few searches I see that DreamWorks bought Classic Media in the summer of 2012. However, there is no mention of rights lapsing. I know they purchased it for a variety titles other than just Lassie (e.g., Lone Ranger, Rocky and Bullwinkle), but why pay $155 million if any of the rights would lapse?

Huh, I didn't know DreamWorks bought Classic Media.  $155 million is an awful big sum.  Perhaps they were banking on The Lone Ranger to make a comeback.  If that is the case it is extremely unfortunate for them that the movie bombed so terribly.

At any rate I'm not sure of the specifics of the deal, just the info Provost relayed to me.  He seemed optimistic that there will be proper dvd releases of Lassie someday. 

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#22 of 116 OFFLINE   moviebuff75

moviebuff75

Supporting Actor

• 537 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted October 21 2013 - 09:43 PM

Predictions for tv on Blu-ray in 2014:

1. I Love Lucy

2. Seinfeld

3. The Flintstones (Q4 in preparation for 55th Anniversary of show)

4. Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? (45th Anniversary)

5. Little House on the Prairie (40th Anniversary)

6. The Brady Bunch (45th Anniversary)

2015:

1. Wonder Woman (40th Anniversary)

2. Gilligan's Island (50th Anniversary)

Proud HTF Member Since: April, 2001

#23 of 116 OFFLINE   Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke

Supporting Actor

• 640 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 02:56 AM

With all the wonderful increased activity from WA the past month or so, I am curious what their next couple releases will be. In a very brief time period, they knocked out FBI (6), Sugerfoot (2), Maverick (3), and now, Alice (4). Based upon info reported here, Kildare (2) will be released in 14, but is not ready yet, and Daktari (3), I was told will be released but hasn't begun being remastered yet. What do you guys think is the next release?  Will it be one of the only other 4 not mentioned here (Eddie's Father, Falcon Crest, Medical Center, Cheyenne) that are part of their current cycle? Will they turn around quickly and double up on the FBI or Alice? Will they throw a new one in the mix? If so, what?

#24 of 116 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 853 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 04:44 AM

I'm guessing the next season of growing pains! Cheyenne 8, or Superboy 4?
Maybe Daktari 3

James

#25 of 116 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,901 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 06:24 AM

2014 marks the 50th Anniversary of these iconic shows, so I do expect some new sets or perhaps Blu-ray releases:

Gilligan's Island

Bewitched

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

The Addams Family

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

Jonny Quest

Daniel Boone

Peyton Place

The Munsters

Flipper

Shindig!

Hullabaloo

With Perry Mason complete, I am hoping for a release of the later TV-movies, or maybe even the short lived 1973 The New Perry Mason with Monte Markham and Sharon Acker as Perry and Della.

Now that The Warner Archive is digging deeper into older titles, what about the classic WB detective shows?  2014 would be a great time to start on 77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Surfside 6, and Bourbon Street Beat

From CBS Paramount: More of Gunsmoke, Bonanza, The Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction

In my wildest dreams: Peyton Place gets a remastered Complete Series Collection with tons of extras, and of course, BATMAN!!!!!!!!

• cajunhillbilly and Ron1973 like this
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#26 of 116 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,087 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 06:42 AM

PEYTON PLACE FROM ANY SOURCE !!!! 

For my friend Tracy The Colbys all seasons with Dynasty last 2 seasons and the reunion movies from Dynasty. 

General Hospital the two Luke and Laura VHS tapes put out on DVD.

The Long Hot Summer one season TV series.

Rerelease the Wild Wild West Movies alone and not shaft the fans!

The Flintstone Comedy Hour

Family the 70s drama

BSG the original in blu-ray already mentioned

Young Indiana Jones in Blu-ray

Edited by Mark Collins, October 23 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#27 of 116 OFFLINE   maskedmala

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 06:56 AM

2014 marks the 50th Anniversary of these iconic shows, so I do expect some new sets

These one seasons shows:
- The Baileys of Balboa
- Broadside
- No Time for Sergeants
- The Rogues

Now that The Warner Archive is digging deeper into older titles, what about the classic WB detective shows?  2014 would be a great time to start on 77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Surfside 6, and Bourbon Street Beat

Yes, these shows deserved to be released on DVD

From CBS Paramount: More of Gunsmoke, Bonanza, The Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction

More Beverly Hillbillies for sure and why not Green Acres too

In my wildest dreams: Peyton Place gets a remastered Complete Series Collection with tons of extras, and of course, BATMAN!!!!!!!!

I think it's about time for Batman and also Green Hornet
  • cajunhillbilly likes this

#28 of 116 OFFLINE   Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 313 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 07:44 AM

My hopes for 2014:

1.  Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 7 (on pressed discs)

2.  The Alfred Hitchcock Hour Season 1 (on pressed discs)

3. The Alfred Hitchcock Hour Season 2 (on pressed discs)

4. The Alfred Hitchcock Hour Season 3 (on pressed discs)

5. The Rifleman (all seasons)

6  The Rebel (complete series)

8. Amazing Stories: The Complete Second Season (on pressed discs) 

9. Scooby-Doo All-Star Laff-a-Lympics (with the 8 missing episodes of Scooby-Doo Where Are You?/The Scooby-Doo Show)

Darby

• dana martin likes this

#29 of 116 OFFLINE   kingfish

kingfish

Screenwriter

• 1,011 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 09:05 AM

finishing up black sheep squadron and re releasing the classic battlestar galactica on single sided discs.

#30 of 116 OFFLINE   kingfish

kingfish

Screenwriter

• 1,011 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 09:06 AM

i would love to see the cbs classic mike hammer series with stacy keach.

#31 of 116 ONLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,108 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 09:33 AM

With Perry Mason complete, I am hoping for a release of the later TV-movies, or maybe even the short lived 1973 The New Perry Mason with Monte Markham and Sharon Acker as Perry and Della.

The Markham version is a Fox title and you'll never see it get a legit DVD release.   If you want to see it, most of the episodes from 16mm prints are on YT, uncut,

#32 of 116 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,901 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 11:12 AM

Wow! I just found out CBS Paramount is putting out the first volume of the Perry Mason movies, starting on 12/31! The first set will have six titles in it.  At this point I don't know if they will be in order starting with the first, Perry Mason Returns.  This info from the TVShowsonDVD.com website.

Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#33 of 116 OFFLINE   Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 313 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 11:29 AM

Charles, here's the link: http://www.tvshowson...-Volume-1/19106

#34 of 116 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,128 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 12:34 PM

Well, I'm pretty sure that we will get the final season of The Courtship of Eddie's Father. Medical Center season 4 seems to be a sure thing as well. We should get seasons 5 and 6 (and maybe 7) of Alice. More than likey they will also get the final season of Eight is Enough out.

I'd like to see Warner Archive start Chico and the Man and maybe give the second season of Welcome Back Kotter a shot.

Fox will most likely not release anything outside of the Simpsons season 17 (and maybe 18) that I'm interested in. I'd love for them to finish The Bob Newhart Show but I've given up on that as a lost cause.

VEI will finish up The Mod Squard (super year there!). I hope that they pick up McCloud.

Shout Factory might squeeze out the final season of Rhoda if their deal with Fox has been renewed. They might also finish Quincy (only seasons 7 and 8 are left).

CBS might, just might get the final two seasons of Dynasty out. I'd love for this one to be finished. Like The Mary Tyler Moore Show, getting Dynasty out has taken longer than the show was actually on the air.

Those are my predictions for next year. I'd usually predict a few long shots, but I wouldn't even know where to begin.

#35 of 116 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,563 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 09:25 PM

BD of Star Trek DS9

WB - The Dakotas, Bronco, The Alaskans, and FINALLY 77 Sunset Strip.

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#36 of 116 OFFLINE   oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff

Second Unit

• 376 posts

Posted October 24 2013 - 07:51 PM

Here's my predictions for 2014.
Shout/TMG-Bachelor Father
Laramie (remastered S3-4)
Crusader
Markham
TGG-The Everglades
King of Diamonds
Miami Undercover
Klondike/Acapulco
Malibu Run/Aquanauts
Mill Creek-The Farmer's Daughter
Burns & Allen Show
Empire
Wild Bill Hicock
Circus Boy
Rescue 8
Tightrope
Tallahassee 7000.

#37 of 116 OFFLINE   maskedmala

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts

Posted October 24 2013 - 08:33 PM

oldtvshowbuff, there's about 50% of your list that I'm really interested in, Let's hope for the best

#38 of 116 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,128 posts

Posted October 25 2013 - 11:12 AM

Ok, here are a few of my long shot predicitions. Maybe a couple of them will come true. Who knows? I didn't think that Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman would get completed and look what happened there. So, here goes.

Super long shots:

The Hot L Baltimore (I've been hoping for this one for years and years. Maybe 2014 will be the year this happens)

Phyliss (I kind of hoped that Shout Factory would get this one, but until they work things out with Fox, not gonna happen)

Angie (Come on CBS, this is only a two season show. Let's get it out and be done.)

Lou Grant (This has been requested for years but since it's Fox, it won't happen until pigs fly.)

Makin' It (CBS, another one season wonder. Yes, it's bad but I'd really like to see it again.)

Nanny & The Professor (Fox again. Maybe, but really, really doubtful.)

The Fantastic Journey (This one has also been requested for years. Maybe next year will be the year.)

Salvage 1 (This one is looking better and better.)

Get Christie Love (Another one season wonder that I would jump at the chance to own.)

The Bob Newhart Show: Seasons 5-6 (I'd love for these to come out and finish the series, but once again it's Fox so probably no dice.)

Now for some stalled ones that someone might get a license for:

Sigmund and the Sea Monsters: Season 2

One Day At A Time: Seasons 2-9 (Stalled practically since God was a child)

Wait 'Til Your Father Gets Home: Seasons 2 & 3 (Warner Archive might get this one out, but it hasn't looked good in the past. I keep hoping.)

Love American Style: Seasons 2-5 (Rumoured to be an issue with the condition of the master tapes. Maybe CBS has fixed that issue by now.)

The Muppet Show: Seasons 4-5 (Don't know why this one has been held up for so long, but hopefully next year it will make it out.)

Maybe there a couple of these will happen. It would be nice.

#39 of 116 OFFLINE   Kasey

Kasey

Second Unit

• 280 posts

Posted October 25 2013 - 02:53 PM

Shout and MPI need to keep licensing product to stay in business, and it appears Shout is on track with Fox again. Perhaps we'll see the following:

THE FLYING NUN S3

ONE DAY AT A TIME (perhaps they will license only a couple seasons like they did with FACTS or DIFF'RENT STROKES...if they only gave us Seasons 2 & 3, I would be VERY happy--but there are music problems here)

THE DONNA REED SHOW (Hopefully MPI can get Sony to let go of the later seasons for a reasonable price)

RHODA and PHYLLIS (One season of the former and a complete series of the latter would be great)

PEYTON PLACE (Rumour has it the first two sets sold well enough; let's hope more are on the way)

#40 of 116 OFFLINE   GMBurns

GMBurns

Stunt Coordinator

• 120 posts
  • LocationPlainville, CT

Posted October 25 2013 - 03:04 PM

I'm looking for VEI to follow through on bringing out seasons 2-4 of The Equalizer.  The movie with Denzel Washington is due out in September 2014, so that should give them plenty of time to release the DVDs for maximum exposure.

And this is  in no way a prediction, just a forlorn wish for 2014: that CBS will continue Cannon and Barnaby Jones.

• cajunhillbilly and Ron1973 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users