What's new

Regal Cinemas Classic Film Series (1 Viewer)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Regal Cinemas is hosting a classic film series apparently sponsored by Warners since I believe all films in the series are Warners property.

http://www.regmovies.com/promotions/classic-film-series

Bonnie and Clyde October 13 and 16.
The Matrix October 20 and 23
The Shining October 27 and 30
Dirty Harry November 3 and 6
Risky Business November 10 and 13
JFK November 17 and 20.

Hopefully Warners provided Regal with DCP's for these films. Participating locations are:

CA Aliso Viejo Edwards Aliso Viejo Stadium 20 & IMAX CA Bakersfield Edwards Bakersfield Stadium 14 CA Newport Beach Edwards Big Newport 6 CA Brea Edwards Brea Stadium East 12 CA Fresno Edwards Fresno Stadium 22 & IMAX CA Irvine Edwards Irvine Spectrum 21 IMAX & RPX CA San Diego Edwards Mira Mesa Stadium 18 IMAX & RPX CA Escondido Regal Escondido Stadium 16 & IMAX CA Foothill Ranch Regal Foothill Towne Center Stadium 22 CA Dublin Regal Hacienda Crossings Stadium 20 IMAX & RPX CO Lakewood UA Denver West Village Stadium12 DE Wilmington Regal Brandywine Town Center 16 FL Fort Myers Regal Belltower Stadium 20 FL Tampa Regal Citrus Park Stadium 20 FL Naples Regal Hollywood Stadium 20 - Naples FL Sarasota Regal Hollywood Stadium 20 - Sarasota FL Coral Springs Regal Magnolia Place Stadium 16 FL Gainesville Regal Royal Park Stadium 16 FL Boca Raton Regal Shadowood 16 FL Winter Park Regal Winter Park Village Stadium 20 GA Alpharetta UA North Point 8 ID Boise Edwards Boise Stadium 22 & IMAX IL Lincolnshire Regal Lincolnshire Stadium 21 & IMAX MD Hunt Valley Regal Hunt Valley Stadium 12 MD Rockville Regal Rockville Center Stadium 13 NC Asheville Regal Biltmore Grande Stadium 15 & RPX NC Cary Regal Crossroads Stadium 20 & IMAX NC Charlotte Regal Stonecrest at Piper Glen Stadium 22 & IMAX NM Santa Fe Regal Santa Fe Stadium 14 NY Albany Regal Crossgates Stadium 18 & IMAX NY Syracuse Regal Destiny USA Stadium 19 IMAX & RPX NY Orchard Park Regal Quaker Crossing Stadium 18 NY New York Regal Union Square Stadium 14 NY Farmingdale UA Farmingdale Stadium 10 NY Westbury UA Westbury Stadium 12 & IMAX OH Westlake Regal Crocker Park Stadium 16 & IMAX OR Portland Regal Fox Tower Stadium 10 OR Salem Regal Santiam Stadium 11 OR Eugene Regal Valley River Center Stadium 15 & IMAX PA Downington Regal Downingtown Cinema Stadium 16 PA Warrington Regal Warrington Crossing Stadium 22 & IMAX PA King of Prussia UA King of Prussia Stadium 16 & IMAX SC Greenville Regal Hollywood Stadium 20 & RPX - Greenville TN Knoxville Regal Downtown West Cinema 8 TN Nashville Regal Opry Mills Stadium 20 & IMAX TX Houston Edwards Greenway Grand Palace Stadium 24 & RPX TX San Antonio Regal Cielo Vista Stadium 18 & RPX TX Austin Regal Metropolitan Stadium 14 VA Arlington Regal Ballston Common Stadium 12 VA Charlottesville Regal Downtown Mall 6 VA Richmond Regal Short Pump Stadium 14 WA Bellingham Regal Barkley Village Stadium 16 IMAX & RPX WA Lakewood Regal Lakewood Stadium 15 & RPX WA Seattle Regal Meridian 16

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Also playing in participating Cinemark theaters. The Cinemark screenings in the Dallas area are flawless, perhaps because the Cinemark corporation is based in the area.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I saw THE SHINING earlier this year on the big screen but I'm thinking about going again. I'm certainly going to try and see DIRTY HARRY. I was going to see BONNIE AND CLYDE but a girl called me up so I had to set some priorities. :D

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
Just got back from the Matrix. It was wonderful to experience this film on the big screen again. I managed to meet up with one of my friends who saw it with me the first time 14 years ago! Loved it.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I had to miss out on the Matrix because of work. I should be all clear to see The Shining though.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Michael Elliott said:
I'm certainly going to try and see DIRTY HARRY.
I want to see DIRTY HARRY on the big screen, but only in 35mm because I want to compare it to the DVD. When I saw it in theaters 41 years ago, I remember that the nighttime scenes were all visible--grainy as hell because of fast film stock, but visible! When I saw it on VHS and DVD, they'd darkened those scenes so NOTHING WAS VISIBLE! I need to see an original print to see if it was the way I remember it.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Vic, those night scenes (before the lights come on at the football field) are still very dark. I haven't seen the Blu to compare what they showed tonight to it but I thought for the most part it looked terrific. All of that film grain was still very visible and it really did seem as if I was watching a 35mm print.

There were only about six people in the theater but it seemed everyone enjoyed it. I'm not going to get into the politics of the movie but it's funny seeing how controversial this thing was back in the day yet it always seemed like a "warning" picture. Watching it today, it just seems like the movie was spot on. I'm really glad I got a chance to see it on the big screen. Now I can't wait to dig into the sequels (I've only seen each of them once and it was probably 15+ years ago).

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I went to Risky Business today. Only 3 people in the audience. Looked like the Blu-Ray, might have been DNR'd, but looked close to my memory of how films looked in the 80's. I prefer DNR to EE as DNR can look like someone had the projector a bit out of focus, but EE just looks unnatural unless used with extreme care.

The subwoofer in the theater was surprisingly turned too low, when Tom Cruise's father complained about the EQ settings it wasn't too bassy at all. At home the Bass is obviously exaggerated at that point.

Real Name
Matt Belson
I picked up a little photocopied flyer at my Cinemark with the the next 4 classic series titles, all holiday themed:

Elf, November 24 and 27
White Christmas, December 1 and 4
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, December 8 and 11
It's A Wonderful Life, December 15 and 18 (Encore Presentation 2pm & 7pm Christmas Eve)

Hopefully more interesting titles will arrive in the new year.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I saw IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE at a midnight screening last year just before Christmas and it was quite powerful seeing on a big screen and obviously with people who love the picture. I'll certainly check it out again.

Real Name
Matt Belson
I saw JFK Sunday afternoon and it looked great. However I do want to prepare anyone who may go to either showing (2 pm or 7 pm) on Wednesday: this is the 206 minute director's cut AND before the film you are "treated" to a 17 minute excerpt from Stone's Showtime series "Untold History" focusing on JFK, of course. That means close to 4 hours in your local cinema with no intermission. Prepare your rest room breaks in advance or be prepared to hold it in. :rolleyes:

I guess Ollie prefers this cut; I always thought this was a marketing gimmick from Warner to sell more product. I thought the Oscar-winning editing of the 189-minute cut was tighter and better paced. Too bad that version is no more. I wonder if Nixon (1995) is the same way.

Re: Untold History. I guess that piece is supposed to be more factual material to counter some of the fictional material in the film. Hearing it narrated by Stone himself makes all of it questionable to me.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
After hearing that this is the director's cut and has a long "excerpt" before it I think I'll just watch the director's cut at home.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Nothing like a giant screen. Total running time was 3:40 but I sat there the entire time without needing the intermission. It seems the other 15 or so people could have used it though. I could have lived without the intro but what an amazing movie. It really doesn't matter what side of the debate you're on because this thing just keeps you wrapped up in the drama. What an amazing cast. I was 11 when I first saw this in the theater and I still remember every moment if that night. The theater. Who I was with. Where I was sitting. The fights during and after the movie. It was great getting to see it again on a very large screen and that amazing score through a great sound system.

Real Name
Matt Belson

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
AMC is running a classic series but the problem is I just got Regal gift cards for my birthday :- ) Whittier Village Cinema here in Whittier plays classic movies but they are playing them off a Bluray disc which sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks