What's new

Oliver! - Where? (1 Viewer)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
You can purchase Oliver now from one of the European sites (I got mine from Amazon DE), or it will go up for preorder at Screen Archives in about two weeks(the Twilight Time version).

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
The Australian Blu-ray disc of "Oliver" is excellent quality, has the Overture, intermission and play-out music plus it's cheap and it is region free.

Unfortunately It doesn't have an isolated score that the TT release will most likely have.

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
Are you sure TT still has the rights to a blu ray release of this title? Its gone very quiet for such a huge classic musical blockbuster. Its now out in the UK with limited extras. WHat does TT offer in addition to other worldwide releases?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
CULTMAN1 said:
Are you sure TT still has the rights to a blu ray release of this title? Its gone very quiet for such a huge classic musical blockbuster. Its now out in the UK with limited extras. WHat does TT offer in addition to other worldwide releases?
Twilight Time announced pre-order date is 10/23. It is still there's. Check out the Nov/Dec thread for the specifics.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
CULTMAN1 said:
They will be taking pre-orders in a few days. We know that it will have an impeccable transfer, outstanding audio and an isolated score track. Supposedly there will be other extras, but I haven't seen an official announcement.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Oliver! is unfortunely one of those films thoroughly overprinted in original release for 70mm printing. There was no way around it at the time. Great deal of effort has gone into this master, which I can't wait to see.RAH

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Robert Harris said:
Oliver! is unfortunely one of those films thoroughly overprinted in original release for 70mm printing. There was no way around it at the time. Great deal of effort has gone into this master, which I can't wait to see.RAH
Now I an really excited about this. One of my favorites. Thanks for the information.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Is there any information suggesting that the TT source of OLIVER is in anyway different to the other already existing international Blu-ray releases?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Doug Bull said:
Is there any information suggesting that the TT source of OLIVER is in anyway different to the other already existing international Blu-ray releases?
I think Mr. Harris answered that question.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Doug Bull said:
ahollis said:
I think Mr. Harris answered that question.
Robert Harris said:
Great deal of effort has gone into this master, which I can't wait to see.RAH

It doesn't appear that RAH answered this specific question. He said that effort was put into this master. But since Sony created the master for the European version, and the master for the TT version, we don't know if it was the same master and effort, or a different master and a different effort.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
David Weicker said:
It doesn't appear that RAH answered this specific question. He said that effort was put into this master. But since Sony created the master for the European version, and the master for the TT version, we don't know if it was the same master and effort, or a different master and a different effort.
You don't that. That is only speculation.

westham

Grip
Real Name
Michael
For those wondering the Uk release out today is an exact copy of the German disc (minus the german language bits on the artwork). Put it in my player and it even asked if I wish to resume where I left off (with the german version).

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
Thanks for "Reviewing the Situation".I have the German and UK BDs plus i might get the TT version for theIsolated score.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks