Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Twilight Time Announces January/February 2014 Releases

Twilight Time BD/DVD Press Release

Best Answer haineshisway, December 20 2013 - 01:03 AM

Actually Exodus was running on MGM HD and it was just stunning, obviously a complete remaster. I think it had the overture, ect. Can't wait for a blu-ray.

Exodus never had an overture.  I saw it the first week it played, at the Wilshire Theater here in LA in 70mm - I thought it was a fantastic movie.  The new HD transfer is yards better than the old DVD, which would not be hard, but it's off 35mm elements and therefore as good as it looks, it would look 1000 times better off the large format elements and in its proper ratio and with sound off the six-track element.

Go to the full post

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#241 of 249 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,372 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted January 23 2014 - 07:44 AM

ordered Woody Film ,way over Priced !! would have been a lot better if MGM did it

I agree with you. I passed on them though. MGM is celebrating a 90 year anniversary this year, and they're licensing out films that could of boosted their campaign? A Woody Allen Bluray set would of been nice.

#242 of 249 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,511 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 23 2014 - 10:05 AM

The latest batch will go up today at 4 est today.

Edited by TonyD, January 23 2014 - 10:56 AM.

facebook.com/whotony

#243 of 249 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,511 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 23 2014 - 11:24 AM

Actually the latest set are already up.I just ordered The Front and Cromes and Misdemeaners.
facebook.com/whotony

#244 of 249 OFFLINE   ROclockCK

ROclockCK

Screenwriter

• 1,320 posts
  • LocationHigh Country, Alberta, Canada

Posted January 23 2014 - 11:34 PM

Actually the latest set are already up.

I just ordered The Front and Cromes and Misdemeaners.

Wasn't that was the biker flick starring...whatshisface...skinhead dude?

Posted Image

;)

All in good jest, and no disrespect intended toward OPM.

#245 of 249 OFFLINE   Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

• 1,163 posts

Posted January 24 2014 - 03:08 AM

I agree with you. I passed on them though. MGM is celebrating a 90 year anniversary this year, and they're licensing out films that could of boosted their campaign? A Woody Allen Bluray set would of been nice.

True, but the studios love the Twilight Time model because they get all the money upfront regardless of how many copies TT actually sells. So for as much as they could have used Allen titles to boost the 90th Anniversary promotion, they must have felt they'd make more money from the licensing deal.

"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

#246 of 249 OFFLINE   Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,270 posts

Posted January 26 2014 - 04:27 AM

Since Allen doesn't really care about home video releases, I guess studios can dump some of his films to TT.

#247 of 249 OFFLINE   cocophone

cocophone

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted January 26 2014 - 08:39 AM

True, but the studios love the Twilight Time model because they get all the money upfront regardless of how many copies TT actually sells. So for as much as they could have used Allen titles to boost the 90th Anniversary promotion, they must have felt they'd make more money from the licensing deal.

3,000 units times X dollars royalty per disc is less than a studio spends on coffee creamer in a month. :)-----------------"Why am I me and why not you? Why am I here and why not there? When did time begin and where does space end?" - Wings of Desire

#248 of 249 OFFLINE   Yorkshire

Yorkshire

Screenwriter

• 1,335 posts

Posted January 27 2014 - 01:07 AM

Since Allen doesn't really care about home video releases, I guess studios can dump some of his films to TT.

When has he ever said that?

He was instrumental in ensuring that Manhattan was released in its OAR on home video - one of the first instances of this.

He doesn't like extras, as he feels the films should speak for themselves, and he likes his older mono films (all of them up until very recently) left in mono.

I don't see how that equates to him not caring.

Steve W

Correct a fool and he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will thank you.

#249 of 249 OFFLINE   Yorkshire

Yorkshire

Screenwriter

• 1,335 posts

Posted January 27 2014 - 01:09 AM

Does anyone knows what's happening with international shipping?

There used to be several options, including faster delivery, secured delivery in case it went missing, etc.

Now there's no option, it's just a straight $10.

Any idea what's going on?

Steve W

Correct a fool and he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users