What's new

Arrow (season 2) (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Nice start to the new season. On a side note...was it me or was their a commercial every 5 minutes? Was very annoying.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Todd,The commercials did seem to be more closely scheduled throughout tonight's episode, especially during the second half of the show. My children commented on this too as we were watching it tonight.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree. A good start to the season, and I certainly approve of Oliver and Laurel being friends (for now; I'm sure they'll gravitate toward each other after each of them finds new love interests during the season).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I have no idea why the CW started their new Fall line-up so late this year.

Promising start to the season, and now we have Black Canary in the mix, as well as Roy's futile attempts to hero up.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the premiere. More Felicity is always a good thing. Looking forward to the second season.

- Walter.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
It'd be funny if Felicity was Black Canary.
Things that make you go Hmmmm.

I forgot to mention that I'm liking the more mature Thea this season as well. Glad to see her character growing up a little bit.

- Walter.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This episode was frankly great. There are a few moments I don't care for, but I love the plotline. This is a dark and complicated environment that manages to still feel fresh and interesting.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it's definitely been a strong start to the season. I like the idea that Oliver Queen is getting dragged through the mud so that the Hood can do what needs to be done.The ending bugs me a bit, because you know the next episode's going to open with abrupt cheat to get him out of it.Apparently there was a scene cut from this episode where Thea began to venture down the stairs into the basement. Would have been interested to see where that led.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
In Chicago, we missed about 10 minutes - news broke in about Senate vote.

Did not like the alderman taking over the party. Even with Oliver not there, I can't imagine his staff allowing someone to steal the mike.Strange that FEMA would not have more guards over thousand/millions worth of drugs after so many hijackings - especially since it seem some of the hijackings took place before the truck even reached the Glades.

What I saw of the episode was enjoyable - loved the bit about the 'secret identities'

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Felicity seemed overly bitchy for the first half of the episode, but she seemed more herself later on.

Fine action throughout and really fast paced.

It was STUPID of Oliver to go back to Laurel's office again. Green Arrow is one hero who doesn't seem to think several moves ahead. It did seem unbelievable for him to be able to slip in like that but not notice a cadre of guards hiding around the floor.

Glad to see him finally confront Roy and talk some sense into him, but Roy lying to Thea is just more melodramatic trouble down the road for them.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Great cliffhanger, but you just know it's going to be resolved 30 seconds into the next episode.
Matt Hough said:
Felicity seemed overly bitchy for the first half of the episode, but she seemed more herself later on.
To be fair, if you were a brilliant computer scientist with advanced degrees from one of the nation's most competitive universities, you'd probably bristle too at the prospect of working as a secretary.
Glad to see him finally confront Roy and talk some sense into him, but Roy lying to Thea is just more melodramatic trouble down the road for them.
Roy didn't lie to Thea. She wanted him to stop fighting, and the Hood provided him away to do that while still helping the Hood. He's basically going to be Huggy Bear.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Adam Lenhardt said:
Great cliffhanger, but you just know it's going to be resolved 30 seconds into the next episode.To be fair, if you were a brilliant computer scientist with advanced degrees from one of the nation's most competitive universities, you'd probably bristle too at the prospect of working as a secretary.
Ah, but she was still bitchy after the notion of "secret identities" was explained to her. I would think that a brilliant computer scientist with advanced degrees from a great university should have been easily able to grasp that simple concept, especially since she's fully aware of the dangers they are all facing every single day.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I loved Felicity's comment regarding the coffee maker being broken. That was nicely done by Ms. Smoak. :)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
More Felicity in that grey dress, please. :)

LIked the second episode quite a bit and how the show is dealing with the two sides of Oliver Queen. Alter egos is a big staple of the comic genre and I'm interested in seeing where the show goes with the concept. Nice use of the red arrow with Roy.

My only complaint about the episode was that Michael Jai-White seemed underutilized. I'd like to see his character return and have another throw down with the Arrow.

Curious to see how the show navigates the cliffhanger.

- Walter.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Anyone know when - or if - Arrow has encore showings of its episodes? Missed last Wednesday and want to catch up.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Sam Favate said:
Anyone know when - or if - Arrow has encore showings of its episodes? Missed last Wednesday and want to catch up.
I'd also check Hulu...that's how I watch.

And man! How in the world is Ollie going to get out of the jam he's in now? This show just keeps getting better and better every episode with fantastic production values, a really good cast coming into their own, writing that keeps getting stronger and a powerful sense of what it wants to do. It seems like DC/The CW learned what not to do with Smallville and corrected all of those problems with Arrow.

This gives me very high hopes for The Flash.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Smallville was also always shackled by the high school setting and then into the "college" years, but Arrow is very much an adult take on vigilante justice where the lead character has access to plenty of wealth to bankroll it, a la Bruce Wayne.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks