Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Arrow (season 2)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#181 of 192 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,621 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 07 2014 - 06:27 PM

You know, I was going to drop Arrow from my program line-up next year, but with the announcement of Brandon Routh recurring on the series as The Atom, I will continue to watch at least part of next season to see if his presence makes the show any more appealing to me..

• Jason_V likes this

#182 of 192 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted July 07 2014 - 07:40 PM

Oh Brandon Routh...I've just gotta give props to the Arrow team. They're just doing what they want to do and creating a quality show. It's nothing at all like Smallville.

My only two nitpicks would be to lighten the show, storywise, a bit...and add one more light to each scene. I don't know if it's the Hulu streaming, but the show is extremely hard to see at times.

#183 of 192 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,638 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 03:56 AM

Oh Brandon Routh...I've just gotta give props to the Arrow team. They're just doing what they want to do and creating a quality show. It's nothing at all like Smallville.

My only two nitpicks would be to lighten the show, storywise, a bit...and add one more light to each scene. I don't know if it's the Hulu streaming, but the show is extremely hard to see at times.

The lighting is dark on original broadcast as well. 

I'm hoping that the Atom and any crossovers with The Flash will lighten up the storyline.  The crossover promo for The Flash seemed quite a lot lighter in tone than Arrow.

• Jason_V likes this

#184 of 192 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,935 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 03:05 PM

A news story with a producer of the show said that their will be a 2hr crossover episode with The Flash.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#185 of 192 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted July 20 2014 - 10:40 AM

The lighting is dark on original broadcast as well. 

Thanks Neil. That makes me feel better...and I need to adjust my viewing. I shouldn't watch the show in daylight because of the glare (on the TV anyway).

#186 of 192 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,947 posts

Posted July 21 2014 - 04:29 PM

Not  that it affects the enjoyment of the show at all, but DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns said that Arrow (and the Flash) are in a separate universe from what the company will be doing with Batman v Superman, Justice League, etc. 

I think that's kinda foolish, since Arrow gets a whole lot right with these characters and their universe. 

Anyhow, here's his comments:

http://www.blastr.co...-justice-league

#187 of 192 ONLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,400 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 21 2014 - 04:45 PM

Not  that it affects the enjoyment of the show at all, but DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns said that Arrow (and the Flash) are in a separate universe from what the company will be doing with Batman v Superman, Justice League, etc. 

I think that's kinda foolish, since Arrow gets a whole lot right with these characters and their universe.

The silver lining with that news is that it leaves the DC television universe open to its own take on Wonder Woman. The core idea of the "Amazon" pilot, with a young Diana sent by Themyscira to assimilate into contemporary society and report back, would probably be more interesting than whatever they ultimately do with Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman.

#188 of 192 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,935 posts

Posted July 22 2014 - 09:36 AM

Anyhow, here's his comments:

http://www.blastr.co...-justice-league

I agree with you.  Wasted opportunity.

Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#189 of 192 ONLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,400 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 25 2014 - 06:11 PM

Spoiler

#190 of 192 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,638 posts

Posted July 27 2014 - 12:25 PM

Here is a link to a version of the Arrow 2014 SDCC Panel - I just started watching it and just at the 2:17 minute mark they do mention that back in the pilot they thought they'd have Oliver wake up in Hong Kong.  There is a lower quality video of the panel that appears to continue on for another half hour.

#191 of 192 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,947 posts

Posted July 27 2014 - 12:55 PM

Here's something that says it is confirmed that 

Spoiler
is coming to Arrow.

http://www.greenarro...-to-arrow/18106

#192 of 192 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,638 posts

Posted July 27 2014 - 04:05 PM

A season 3 thread was started earlier today with the S3 trailer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users