Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

SUGARFOOT: Complete Season 2 coming Nov 5, 2013

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 of 25 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 620 posts

Posted October 09 2013 - 09:52 AM

Sugarfoot Season 2 is coming from the Warner Archives and like Season 1, it looks like it may be exclusive for awhile to the "Super D" owned sites: importcds.com, deepdiscount.com, dvdplanet.com, and ccvideo.com. All four show a Nov 5, 2013 release.

Sugarfoot took it's title and theme song from a Randolph Scott western, but the  character Tom Brewster came from a another WAC western release called , "The Boy From Oklahoma". The first episode of the Sugarfoot series "Brannigan's Boots" is a  pretty exact remake of "The Boy From Oklahoma".  The TV version even features three of the same actors from the movie version, playing the same characters, so they can use footage from the movie.

Edited by Bob Gu, October 09 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#2 of 25 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts

Posted October 09 2013 - 10:01 AM

Sugarfoot Season 2 is coming from the Warner Archives and like Season 1, it looks like it may be exclusive for awhile to the "Super D" owned sites: importcds.com, deepdiscount,com, dvdplanet.com, and ccvideo.com. All four show a Nov 5, 2013 release.

Sugarfoot took it's title and theme song from a Randolph Scott western, but the  character Tom Brewster came from a another WAC western release called , "The Boy From Oklahoma". The first episode of the Sugarfoot series "Brannigan's Boots" is a  pretty exact remake of "The Boy From Oklahoma".  The TV version even features three of the same actors from the movie version, playing the same characters, so they can use footage from the movie.

That's the spare no expense style of the Warner western.

• Gary OS and Ron1973 like this

#3 of 25 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,582 posts

Posted October 09 2013 - 02:13 PM

Wow, that was fast.  Season one must have done really well.

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#4 of 25 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 867 posts

Posted October 09 2013 - 08:52 PM

Wow, that was fast.  Season one must have done really well.

Was thinking that myself

James

#5 of 25 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,477 posts

Posted October 10 2013 - 07:24 AM

Excellent news. I'm enjoying this one alot and was not expecting Season 2 until next year. Glad to see they are speeding this one, Cheyenne and now Maverick along at a fast pace. Now we can hope Bronco, Lawman and Colt .45 will be coming soon.

• EdG likes this
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#6 of 25 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,582 posts

Posted October 10 2013 - 07:30 AM

Excellent news. I'm enjoying this one alot and was not expecting Season 2 until next year. Glad to see they are speeding this one, Cheyenne and now Maverick along at a fast pace. Now we can hope Bronco, Lawman and Colt .45 will be coming soon.

AND, The Dakotas.  :)

• Gary OS likes this

#7 of 25 OFFLINE   oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff

Second Unit

• 381 posts

Posted October 11 2013 - 07:12 PM

AND, The Dakotas.  :)

How about Temple Houston, too!

#8 of 25 OFFLINE   bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Second Unit

• 443 posts

Posted October 11 2013 - 09:59 PM

I know that the character of Bart Maverick had a guest spot / cameo on Sugarfoot S1.  Anyone know how much he was actually involved?  I try to collect all things Maverick and wondered if it was worth purchasing.

ALSO,, anyone know if any Maverick character appears on the second season of SUGARFOOT???

#9 of 25 OFFLINE   John Hermes

John Hermes

Supporting Actor

• 784 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa (San Diego) CA

Posted October 11 2013 - 10:44 PM

I know that the character of Bart Maverick had a guest spot / cameo on Sugarfoot S1.  Anyone know how much he was actually involved?  I try to collect all things Maverick and wondered if it was worth purchasing.

ALSO,, anyone know if any Maverick character appears on the second season of SUGARFOOT?

Bret comes in at the very end of "Misfire" from season one with a comedy cameo, just as episode is wrapping up.

#10 of 25 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 620 posts

Posted October 11 2013 - 11:18 PM

Jack Kelly, as Bart Maverick, appears in a poker playing scene in the Sugarfoot S1 episode, "A Price On His Head".

I don't know if any Mavericks are in Season 2, but Wade Preston is in the two 'Canary Kid' episodes as his Chris Colt character from COLT.45.

#11 of 25 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,582 posts

Posted October 12 2013 - 07:03 AM

All these cameos remind me of the Hooterville/O.W. Douglas farm/Beverly Hills/Shady Rest Hotel axis that CBS played with in the 60's.  That was pretty cool, never knowing who might show up every week on those shows.

• Randy Korstick and Ron1973 like this

#12 of 25 OFFLINE   bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Second Unit

• 443 posts

Posted October 13 2013 - 12:24 AM

I take it that both of those Maverick cameos are on the first season, SOOOOO it looks like I am gonna have to order that one up!!!!

Thanks for the info!

#13 of 25 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 620 posts

Posted October 19 2013 - 06:33 AM

The Warner Archive is now showing SUGARFOOT Season 2 being released on Oct 22, 2013. So no exclusive for the "Super D" sites.  There are a limited number of copies signed by Will Hutchins.

I already ordered Sugarfoot S 2 from importcds.com for shipping Nov 5, 2013, at a lower price.  The Importcds Sugarfoot listing calls it a Special Edition, so I wonder if it is signed too? 

Will Hutchins writes a monthly article for the fansite: westernclippings.com

Hey bretmaverick2, did you know the Maverick theme song is used  in the 1956 LONE RANGER movie?

#14 of 25 OFFLINE   oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff

Second Unit

• 381 posts

Posted October 19 2013 - 05:14 PM

The Warner Archive is now showing SUGARFOOT Season 2 being released on Oct 22, 2013. So no exclusive for the "Super D" sites.  There are a limited number of copies signed by Will Hutchins.

I already ordered Sugarfoot S 2 from importcds.com for shipping Nov 5, 2013, at a lower price.  The Importcds Sugarfoot listing calls it a Special Edition, so I wonder if it is signed too? 

Will Hutchins writes a monthly article for the fansite: westernclippings.com

Hey bretmaverick2, did you know the Maverick theme song is used  in the 1956 LONE RANGER movie?

And theme #3 for WAGON TRAIN composed by Jerome Moross actually originated in his score for the 1959 film THE JAYHAWKERS starring Fess Parker and Jeff Chandler.

#15 of 25 OFFLINE   bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Second Unit

• 443 posts

Posted October 22 2013 - 04:01 AM

Now THAT is a curious piece of MAVERICK trivia!  Had no idea that the MAVERICK theme was ever used in any program not Maverick related. 

#16 of 25 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,582 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 10:16 AM

Got my Sugarfoot DVD's today, pressed and with Will Hutchins autograph.  YeeeHawwww.  PQ is very good to excellent, considering elements.

• Randy Korstick likes this

#17 of 25 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,477 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 11:02 AM

Congrats Richard. I should have mine next week.

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#18 of 25 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 620 posts

Posted November 12 2013 - 03:07 PM

I received my order of Sugarfoot S-2 and Maverick S-3 from importcds.com. Both sets were all on pressed discs, and Sugarfoot was autographed by Will Hutchins.

Importcds and the other "Super D" sites are offering both signed and unsigned versions of Sugarfoot S-2.

I have received pressed disc WAC TV titles from importcds and oldies.com in the past. I think the reason we are getting pressed TV titles from the archives is because of the large pre-orders WAC gets from the online/catalog retailers like,"Super D",oldies, and Movies Unlimited.  But it is confusing since those sites, and even the Warner sites, always list them all as DVD-Rs.

#19 of 25 OFFLINE   bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Second Unit

• 443 posts

Posted June 05 2014 - 01:33 PM

So I see Sugarfoot season 3 is coming!!!

Order away!!

• ScottDombrowski and Susan Nunes_329977 like this

#20 of 25 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 620 posts

Posted June 05 2014 - 07:38 PM

Two more Canary Kid episodes guest-starring Wade Preston from COLT.45 in Season 3. Plus Peter Brown and Ty Hardin, crossing over from LAWMAN and BRONCO, and Adam West in the first one.

Season 3, of Sugarfoot, has 20 episodes. Season 4 only has nine episodes, so it may be coming pretty fast and should cost less.
  • Jack K likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users