• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

• 1,979 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted October 04 2013 - 05:22 PM

According to the WSJ, Amazon is on track to release a video streaming STB for this holiday season.

Code named "cinnamon", the STB supposedly resembles the Rok player and will run a variety of apps and content from many sources.  Of course, it would be another vehicle for Amazon's streaming movie service, which is part of the Prime membership.  To bolster this, Amazon has been in discussions with a variety of media app developers and cable providers seeking partnerships for the rollout.

Given that Amazon is streaming on a variety of devices already, it doesn't seem like a big surprise that they would be doing this. 

If you haven't bought a streaming media device, would this be the tipping point for you?

Kevin Collins
To View My HD Collection Click Here

#2 of 3 Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson

Screenwriter

• 1,930 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 06:00 PM

I just bought a Google Chromecast not because I needed it, but because it was cheap and I wanted to play with it.

I already have the ability to stream on all of my televisions and am unlikely to buy another product offering a similar service.

#3 of 3 Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted October 04 2013 - 09:21 PM

I wonder if it will be able to stream in 1080p like Netflix. Amazon's current 720p streaming sucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users