Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The 5th & Final season of Hazel will finally be coming out on 1/14/2014

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,299 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 05:05 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that Hazel Season 5, the final season of the program, will finally be coming out on DVD via Shout on January 14, 2014...link follows with cover art...http://www.tvshowson...-Season-5/19037

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Mr. Handley

Mr. Handley

Second Unit

• 384 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 02:25 AM

This is terrific news!  I've just gotten into this series and am currently on Season 2.  I've heard that the final season was pretty awful, but the completist in me is glad it's being released and I'm sure I'll pick it up, if nothing else, just to see if it's as bad as people claim.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Kasey

Kasey

Second Unit

• 373 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 09:06 AM

So thrilled that this one is finally going to be complete. Yes, it's not the same as when George and Dorothy were there, but I'll take Shirley Booth in anything; and a teenage Ann Jillian appears frequently this last season. Besides, this version of the HAZEL theme rocks!

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,958 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted October 04 2013 - 11:56 AM

Funny how their description of the season still makes it sound like Hazel is working for the George Baxters.

How has the video quality been on the Shout sets?  I haven't picked them up yet.

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,299 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 01:38 PM

The 5th season wasn't good at all, but at least Shout is finally coming through and competing the series for all the loyal fans out there, and now hoping 2014 will be the year Shout finishes up a lot of the FOX series as well.

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Kasey

Kasey

Second Unit

• 373 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 05:12 PM

Funny how their description of the season still makes it sound like Hazel is working for the George Baxters.

How has the video quality been on the Shout sets?  I haven't picked them up yet.

The Shout sets used video masters made in the '80s--not remastered from film elements, so they do not look as good as the other Screen Gems shows that Sony released like Gidget, Bewitched or Jeannie. Sometimes the colors are overly bright; other times they appear a little faded. However, many episodes do look really good. The best thing is that they kept all the original closing logos intact and all the various versions of the opening credits are still there also.

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,958 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted October 04 2013 - 06:24 PM

The Shout sets used video masters made in the '80s--not remastered from film elements, so they do not look as good as the other Screen Gems shows that Sony released like Gidget, Bewitched or Jeannie. Sometimes the colors are overly bright; other times they appear a little faded. However, many episodes do look really good. The best thing is that they kept all the original closing logos intact and all the various versions of the opening credits are still there also.

Thanks Kasey!  Very cool to hear about the logos and credit sequences. 

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,299 posts

Posted October 17 2013 - 04:25 PM

The official cover art for Dobie Gillis S2 and Hazel S5 at this link...http://classicflix.c...y-an-30957.html

Posted Image

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Kasey

Kasey

Second Unit

• 373 posts

Posted October 19 2013 - 05:25 AM

I am thrilled that Shout is completing HAZEL, but one complaint I have is that whoever designed all the cover art (even S1 from Sony) obviously is no fan of the show since they colorized Hazel's uniform pink on each and every release when she only ever wore blue (or the black one on formal occasions).

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,838 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted October 20 2013 - 05:30 PM

I had bought seasons 1 through 3 exactly a year ago, watched a few early episodes, loved it, then got caught up in life. Thanks for creating this thread. I got out my season 1 set and picked up right where I left off. Tonight the color episode. Curious to see what that's about--buying a color TV? Watched this show when i was very young and hadn't seen it since until I got the DVDs. Glad to be back watching them again. Need to pick up season 4.

books   

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,299 posts

Posted October 21 2013 - 03:59 PM

But remember, Season 5, the last season, wasn't very good due to all the changes in cast and characters and such but overall, a pretty decent series.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users