Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: The Wolverine (3D Blu-ray Combo) (Blu-ray Combo)

Fox BD/DVD Press Release

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,548 posts

Posted October 01 2013 - 08:11 AM

img1.jpg img2.jpg

Wolverine Ink Release-1.png

Wolverine Ink Release-2.png

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 15 ONLINE   dpippel

dpippel

HTF Premium Member

• 3,295 posts

Posted October 01 2013 - 09:56 AM

So if you want theatrical and extended you have to buy two different packages. Blech.

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

#3 of 15 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,311 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted October 01 2013 - 10:34 AM

So if you want theatrical and extended you have to buy two different packages. Blech.

I'm wondering if it's just awkwardly worded and the 3-D/Blu-ray/DVD package contains both versions of the movie but the single Blu-ray only has the theatrical version.

EDIT: The bottom of the cover of the extended version confirms that both versions are on that set.

Edited by TravisR, October 01 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#4 of 15 ONLINE   dpippel

dpippel

HTF Premium Member

• 3,295 posts

Posted October 01 2013 - 12:45 PM

You can READ that???  :lol:

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

#5 of 15 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,384 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted October 01 2013 - 06:25 PM

But that means someone who does not want 3D will have to buy the 3D set to get the extended version?  Anyone see this in the theaters?  Was it any good?  I recall the reviews were poor.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#6 of 15 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,239 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted October 01 2013 - 06:46 PM

You can READ that???  :lol:

Hah I can read it on my galaxy note. I wouldnt have noticed it without someone else mentioning it
facebook.com/whotony

#7 of 15 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,942 posts

Posted October 02 2013 - 05:25 AM

But that means someone who does not want 3D will have to buy the 3D set to get the extended version?  Anyone see this in the theaters?  Was it any good?  I recall the reviews were poor.

I thought it was very good - better than the other so-called blockbusters this summer. 

That said, I am not happy about having to purchase the 3D copy to get the extended edition and theatrical together. Terrible.

#8 of 15 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,384 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted October 02 2013 - 12:00 PM

I have not cared much for the X-Men movies, but my wife does.  So I'll probably pick this up when the 3D hits $20 or less.  Is the extended version in 3D?

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#9 of 15 OFFLINE   Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter

• 1,537 posts

Posted October 02 2013 - 03:05 PM

I'm wondering if it's just awkwardly worded and the 3-D/Blu-ray/DVD package contains both versions of the movie but the single Blu-ray only has the theatrical version.

EDIT: The bottom of the cover of the extended version confirms that both versions are on that set.

Well, that's what the World War Z cover said, even though the theatrical was only on the DVD. So I hope that's not what it means. Of course, unlike World War Z, at least the theatrical cut will be available on Blu-ray, even if it's in a separate package.

I really enjoyed this movie, though. The plot gets a little too convoluted for its own good at times, but there are actually some good character moments throughout, and the action sequences are terrific. Also, the during-the-credits scene is kind of magical.

Edited by Bryan Tuck, October 02 2013 - 03:32 PM.

"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle; it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

#10 of 15 OFFLINE   Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,268 posts

Posted October 14 2013 - 09:31 AM

OK, the insanity continues.  According to The Digital Bits, the 3D version is only the theatrical cut.  The extended cut is in 2D.

So the extended cut is only available if you buy the 3D version, but then it is only in 2D in that package.

WTF!?  Who were the marketing geniuses who thought this up?  This is worse than the Star Trek fiasco...

-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#11 of 15 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,311 posts

Posted October 14 2013 - 10:41 AM

WTF!?  Who were the marketing geniuses who thought this up?  This is worse than the Star Trek fiasco...

They probably didn't want to spend a small fortune on converting the 'new' 40 minutes of footage to 3-D.

#12 of 15 OFFLINE   Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter

• 1,537 posts

Posted October 14 2013 - 10:59 AM

OK, the insanity continues.  According to The Digital Bits, the 3D version is only the theatrical cut.  The extended cut is in 2D.

So the extended cut is only available if you buy the 3D version, but then it is only in 2D in that package.

I agree it'd be nice if the extended cut was available without having to buy 3D, but I can't agree that it's worse than the Star Trek mess. And it's also better than World War Z, where you can't get the 2D theatrical cut on Blu-ray at all.

At least with Wolverine, if you buy the biggest set, you are actually getting all the material.

"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle; it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

#13 of 15 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,942 posts

Posted October 14 2013 - 04:58 PM

There's been no confirmation the extended cut is 40 minutes longer. I believe the director said it was more like 13 minutes.

#14 of 15 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,311 posts

Posted October 14 2013 - 06:48 PM

There's been no confirmation the extended cut is 40 minutes longer. I believe the director said it was more like 13 minutes.

Unfortunately, whether they're converting 40 or 13 minutes, it's still going to cost way more money than is going to be spent on a home video release.

Edited by TravisR, October 14 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#15 of 15 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,548 posts

Posted November 08 2013 - 10:19 PM

TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX HOME ENTERTAINMENT UNVEILS THE WOLVERINE: UNLEASHED EXPERIENCE FOR FANS AROUND THE WORLD TO TAKE A DEEPER LOOK INTO WOLVERINE THE CHARACTER

ii_14239efa76e18b12.png ii_14239efd17f85607.png

The Wolverine: Unleashed Experience Now Available Globally

WHAT:           To celebrate The Wolverine November 19th Digital HD release, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment today launched The Wolverine Unleashed Experience - an immersive website experience that allows fans to take a deeper look into Wolverine than ever before. Through this interactive website, fans can delve into the character of the Wolverine by navigating through a layered, three dimensional site that reflects Logan’s inner struggle with his immortality. Log on and uncover hot spots to unlock new content, including special feature sneak peeks and bridges to past films. The content is also compatible across desktop and tablets, and users can embed and share across all social platforms.

The Wolverine Unleashed experience comes hot off the heels of The Wolverine multi-touch experience – released for free November 5 exclusively at the iTunes iBook Store. The Wolverine multi-touch experience adds to the story with original narrative, exclusive behind-the-scenes video, beautiful imagery, and interactive models.

WHO:               Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is the industry leading worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox produced, acquired and third party partner film and television programing. Each year TCFHE expands its award-winning global product portfolio with the introduction of new entertainment content through established and emerging formats including DVD, Blu-ray™ and Digital HD. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox.

WHEN:           Launches Friday, November 8, 2013

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox, BD/DVD Press Release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users