Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: "Voice Your Choice" Winners to arrive on Blu-ray December 3rd

Fox BD/DVD Press Release

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 of 55 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,141 posts

Posted October 05 2013 - 11:02 AM

Thanks Ron!! I just want the movie so much that I do not want lose it.  The bird in the hand sort of deal.  The price was 17.50 i believe.  I thought I can always cancel the order.  I just like the fact that I will get this movie.  I had trouble with 1953 Titanic when it came out. I was lucky I did order right from Fox because it was sold out at Amazon.

I have and account set up and have bought some titles in the past.  You can always call them for questions and they are very fair. Heck if I have two titles I can always cancel one at the last minute.

I love HTF and check in here every day. You guys always provide the latest info on a title.

Off topic and should be on the TT thread.  Question when will the pre order date go up for pre order?  Is it 10/23?

#42 of 55 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,606 posts

Posted October 05 2013 - 11:18 AM

I encourage everyone to make an Amazon preorder.

I just have a feeling everyone will be canceling that order as

there will be a better offer for HTF members through FoxConnect.

I am not certain what I can and cannot say at this point but it 

involves individual and package deals at a discount greater than

Amazon.

Details are forthcoming.  I don't know exactly when those preorders

will be made available.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#43 of 55 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,673 posts

Posted October 05 2013 - 05:25 PM

Ron, 

I do expect to use the HTF discount on FoxConnect (thank you).

But I also plan to do an Amazon pre-order (in case the shipping/tax/pricematch) possibly ends up less.

Will you be posting an Amazon link (so that HTF gets something regardless of who ends up making the sale)?

#44 of 55 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,606 posts

Posted October 05 2013 - 09:45 PM

David,

Good idea.  I will post preorder links for all the titles with a disclaimer.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#45 of 55 OFFLINE   ROclockCK

ROclockCK

Screenwriter

• 1,178 posts
  • LocationHigh Country, Alberta, Canada

Posted October 06 2013 - 02:03 AM

Except for The Ghost and Mrs. Muir and Carmen Jones, I haven't seen any of these since my Laserdisc days.

Forget the fun-in-the-sun getaway this year. I think I'll just stay home, lock the doors, and watch movies from mid-December through New Years... ;)

• Adam Gregorich likes this

#46 of 55 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,673 posts

Posted October 10 2013 - 04:26 PM

Does anyone know why Jesse James has a lower MSRP than the other seven titles?

David

#47 of 55 OFFLINE   Garysb

Garysb

Screenwriter

• 1,446 posts

Posted October 11 2013 - 08:07 PM

Does anyone know why Jesse James has a lower MSRP than the other seven titles?

David

Most likely a pricing error by Amazon.

#48 of 55 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,918 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted November 26 2013 - 01:31 PM

Home Theater Forum and Fox have paired up to give HTF members all 8 titles on Blu-ray with free shipping for $75+tax (if applicable), that's under $10 a disc!  Just a reminder the titles are:

- Carmen Jones
- The Ghost and Mrs Muir
- North To Alaska
- Jesse James
- The Black Swan
- Call of the Wild
- Desk Set
- The Undefeated

We will also have the four winning titles: Carmen Jones, The Ghost and Mrs Muir, North To Alaska and Jesse James for $40 with free shipping, or the four runner-ups for $40 with free shipping.

We will be publishing special links to all three offers in our November newsletter coming out this week, so look for it.  Not getting it?  Just follow this link and check the top box.  We send out newsletters approx. once a month.

• Jason_V likes this

#49 of 55 ONLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,267 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted November 26 2013 - 01:42 PM

I'm in for the lot!  Thank you, Adam, and all concerned.   :)

• Adam Gregorich likes this

#50 of 55 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,918 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted November 26 2013 - 02:11 PM

Me too!  At that price, it doesn't make sense not to!

#51 of 55 OFFLINE   Ken Koc

Ken Koc

Supporting Actor

• 880 posts

Posted November 27 2013 - 06:52 AM

I just ordered all 8 titles on Fox Connect for $75!!   No special code was needed.

Ken

#52 of 55 OFFLINE   John Hermes

John Hermes

Supporting Actor

• 788 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa (San Diego) CA

Posted November 27 2013 - 07:03 PM

I just ordered all 8 titles on Fox Connect for $75!!   No special code was needed.

I did as well, even though I had ordered a few titles during with the discount code a couple weeks ago.  Quite a deal here.  I'll give the doubles to my friends for Christmas..

#53 of 55 OFFLINE   leodavinci

leodavinci

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted December 04 2013 - 11:10 PM

I thought Voice Your Choice was a great idea and the selection of titles to vote for was terrific.  

Unfortunately, while all the winning titles are great and the total cost is a real deal, I'm only interested in four titles.  It's too bad Fox didn't also offered a fourth choice... choose any four titles for $40. I would have gone for The Undefeated, North to Alaska, Desk Set, and The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.  As much of a fan as I am of the last two titles, I'm a bigger Duke fan... so it's no contest as to which titles I'll get.

• Lromero1396 likes this

#54 of 55 OFFLINE   Lromero1396

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor

• 640 posts

Posted December 06 2013 - 05:39 PM

I thought Voice Your Choice was a great idea and the selection of titles to vote for was terrific.  

Unfortunately, while all the winning titles are great and the total cost is a real deal, I'm only interested in four titles.  It's too bad Fox didn't also offered a fourth choice... choose any four titles for $40. I would have gone for The Undefeated, North to Alaska, Desk Set, and The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.  As much of a fan as I am of the last two titles, I'm a bigger Duke fan... so it's no contest as to which titles I'll get.

I'm quite disappointed as well. I bought three of the winning titles and one of the second place titles at the FoxConnect 50% off sale back in November. Since my funds are getting tight this time of year, it looks like I won't be buying any more until I get some more dough in the bank.

#55 of 55 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,852 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted December 06 2013 - 08:27 PM

I kept waiting for I believed in the HTF discount and went with all 8 for the $75 price. Thank you Fox and HTF.

By the way does HTF receive any monies from Fox Connect as they do with Amazon? I hope so.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox, BD/DVD Press Release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users