#21 of 31 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,287 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 01 2013 - 11:27 AM

The bottle opener TALKS?!?

That's awesome.

I wonder what it would say if it was used to open a bottle of Market Pantry water???

confused-smiley-004.gif

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#22 of 31 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,838 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted October 01 2013 - 11:31 AM

The bottle opener TALKS?!?

That's awesome.

I wonder what it would say if it was used to open a bottle of Market Pantry water???

confused-smiley-004.gif

Having seen the movie, I would recommend not finding out in front of children, old people or the easily offended. :)

#23 of 31 JakeLip

JakeLip

Stunt Coordinator

• 237 posts

Posted October 01 2013 - 02:04 PM

I just got Little Mermaid from Wal-Mart, which is supposed to contain a movie money code for Frozen.  An alert for other people who may have this issue: The code for the movie cash redemption was on the reverse side of a sticker on the package.  The problem is that when I peeled the sticker off of the package, the code partially got rubbed off, so two letters of it are completely unreadable, which renders the code unuseable.

I called Disney support about this, and after the girl actually said the company line "How can I help make your day more magical?", I explained the situation.  Then she put me on hold and decided to transfer me to DIsney Movie Rewards, which apparently is a separate help center.  They told me that there is nothing they can do about this because it is Wal-Mart's promotion, so I would have to contact Wal-Mart to get a replacement copy.

The Little Mermaid copy itself seems fine -- I have not played it yet but the case and everything is perfectly normal and not broken or anything -- so it seems silly to go back thre and exchange the disc.  Plus, what's to say my replacement copy wouldn't also have a rubbed-off code?

I guess this renders Wal-Mart's exclusive not worthwhile.

#24 of 31 Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,242 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted October 02 2013 - 04:30 AM

How much was the 3D version of mermaid at Walmart ?

Also Target is not carrying Little Mermaid in 3D according to the manager I spoke to yesterday. Also not carrying the biggest hit of the year , Iron Man 3 in 3D. Don't understand that logic.
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#25 of 31 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,103 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted October 02 2013 - 08:35 AM

Little is $35 at walmart
facebook.com/whotony

#26 of 31 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,287 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 03 2013 - 10:50 AM

Here's an UPDATE on this week's new releases which now have reviews up on the HTF by our crack review team:

From Here to Eternity

The Croods

Fright Night 2: New Blood

• Matt Hough likes this

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#27 of 31 Jimmy M

Jimmy M

Second Unit

• 299 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 12:18 PM

I just got Little Mermaid from Wal-Mart, which is supposed to contain a movie money code for Frozen.  An alert for other people who may have this issue: The code for the movie cash redemption was on the reverse side of a sticker on the package.  The problem is that when I peeled the sticker off of the package, the code partially got rubbed off, so two letters of it are completely unreadable, which renders the code unuseable.

I called Disney support about this, and after the girl actually said the company line "How can I help make your day more magical?", I explained the situation.  Then she put me on hold and decided to transfer me to DIsney Movie Rewards, which apparently is a separate help center.  They told me that there is nothing they can do about this because it is Wal-Mart's promotion, so I would have to contact Wal-Mart to get a replacement copy.

The Little Mermaid copy itself seems fine -- I have not played it yet but the case and everything is perfectly normal and not broken or anything -- so it seems silly to go back thre and exchange the disc.  Plus, what's to say my replacement copy wouldn't also have a rubbed-off code?

I guess this renders Wal-Mart's exclusive not worthwhile.

Same thing happened to my sticker.

I followed the links on the Hollywood Movie Money site until I got to a Contact Us link. I explained what happened, and someone got back to me later that day asking me to scan the receipt and the damaged sticker and e-mail it back to them. After I did that, they sent me the correct code within a few hours.

"The way I live, kids would be redundant." - JMS

www.heroscapers.com is a great resource if you play Heroscape!

#28 of 31 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,560 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted October 03 2013 - 12:49 PM

I usually just remove the shrinkwrap rather than trying to peel off the sticker. Usually you can read the code from the backside through the plastic wrapping.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#29 of 31 Jimmy M

Jimmy M

Second Unit

• 299 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 01:51 PM

I usually just remove the shrinkwrap rather than trying to peel off the sticker. Usually you can read the code from the backside through the plastic wrapping.

This sticker is under the shrinkwrap, on the cardboard sleeve.

Edited by Jimmy M, October 03 2013 - 08:57 PM.

"The way I live, kids would be redundant." - JMS

www.heroscapers.com is a great resource if you play Heroscape!

#30 of 31 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,116 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted October 03 2013 - 07:18 PM

Here's an UPDATE on this week's new releases which now have reviews up on the HTF by our crack review team:

From Here to Eternity

The Croods

Fright Night 2: New Blood

Thank you, Mike. Much appreciated.

I'm also working on Glee during the times I'm not reviewing single Blu-ray movies coming out next week.

#31 of 31 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,560 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted October 06 2013 - 11:08 AM

This sticker is under the shrinkwrap, on the cardboard sleeve.

I see what you mean. I picked this up Friday from Walmart (only $12.99 after coupon savings). Fortunately, while mine also came off unevenly with an imcomplete code, I think I can still make out all the code letters/numbers.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users