What's new

Recent Chat With Samsung Tech Support (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Here's an excerpt from a chat I recently had with Samsung Tech Support regarding an issue I was having with my new UN60F7100:
Harry: It is just a simple difference. Any TV which has H for example UN32FH5300 or UN55EH6030 are back lit TV's. The TV's which do not have H in the model number such as UN55ES6000, UN55F6500 are side lit or edge lit TV's.
Harry: We can always see the backlit TV's have higher resolution when you compare with edge lit or side lit; however, features will be good or better in edge lit TV's.
Visitor: huh?
Harry: Yes. You will see a greater refresh rate in back lit TV.
Visitor: that is BS! the FH models are 120Hz, while the F7100 amd higher are 240Hz.
Visitor: you do not know your products.
Visitor: I am obvioulsy speaking to a third party outsourced call center
Harry: We really apologize, the resolution/refresh rate in our terms is the contrast ratio.
Harry: I am sorry to use our technical terms.
Visitor: contrast ratio is NOT refresh rate or resolution. Resolution is either 720p or 1080p. Refresh rate is 60Hz, 120Hz, or 240Hz.
Harry: I am sorry for that.
Visitor: contrast ratio is a bogus number, as there is no industry standard used to measure it.
Visitor: do you even work for Samsung?
Harry: Yes. We are working at NJ for Samsung.
Harry: However, the contrast ratio will be definitely higher in Back lit when compared to Edge lit.
Visitor: contrast ratio is NOT refresh rate or resolution. Resolution is either 720p or 1080p. Refresh rate is 60Hz, 120Hz, or 240Hz.
Harry: Okay. Thank you for the information and I apologize for using the wrong terminology.
:blink:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I've been having issues with the corners of the screen being overly bright on my new Samsung 60F7100.

I reported the issue on 9/28, and they were able to set up an appointment on 10/1 with a local service center.

On 10/1, the service center replaced the main circuit board, which did not resolve the issue. The tech took a photo of the issue and forwarded it to Samsung on 10/2.

On 10/3, I sat down to watch (and review) Amityville 3D, only to find that now, when in 3D mode, the TV displays a flickering black bar across the bottom of the screen, making 3D movies unwatchable. This was a new issue, since my wife and I enjoyed both The Avengers and Star Trek Into Darkness in 3D prior to the first service call. I called Samsung, and was told my TV was still in pending status awaiting approval of a new panel. Samsung told me that this decision normally takes 1-2 business days. A new service appointment was made for 10/8 to investigate the new issue.

On 10/8, the local service center cancelled the appointment 30 minutes prior to when they were scheduled to arrive, indicating that it would be better to just replace all of the necessary parts in one service call to make the TV operational again once Samsung approves the replacement of the panel. I called Samsung asking when the panel would be approved for replacement and when the part wuld be shipped to my service center, since they are still waiting. Samsung's response was "That can take 1-2 business days." My response was "Yes, but we are now on business day #5. What's the delay?" Samsung's response: "We can send an email to Tech Support and ask them to put a rush on that, but that can take 1-2 business days." Getting nowhere, I asked to be transferred to their Executive Customer Relations department. After speaking with ECR for several hours, I ended up getting nowhere, with the typical response of "Yes, but you will have to wait 1-2 business days for us to get back to you with an answer."

That evening, I posted the following message on Samsung TV USA's Facebook page:
Waiting for over three weeks now to get my less than 2-month old 60F7100 TV repaired/replaced. Bought the protection plan thru Best Buy, but apparently the Samsung warranty trumps that. Your repair service is the pits - slow, inefficient, and unknowledgeable. Samsung ticket #xxxxxx. Never, ever buying Samsung again!!
After several messages back and forth on their Facebook page, this morning I received the following response from Samsung TV USA:
Hi Todd. The ASC placed an order today for the replacement part and it is on the way. We'll keep you updated on the progress as we get more info. Thanks for your patience.
So, the moral of the story is, if you are getting nowhere with a company's service department thru the normal channels, post your complaint on Facebook, and it will get resolved in less than 24 hours.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Mirrors my experience with a Samsung dryer. Now approaching 12 months old and it has blown out 3 drum bearings.

Once it is out of warranty I'm buying replacement bearings that will never do this again.

Which is sad.(short version of the long story)

First bearing starts making noise. Call Samsung. Local "fix it guy" calls next morning and says...

"Yeah, I keep spares of that bearing on my truck. I replace at least 10 a month."

Gets here the day to fix it and calls Samsung himself....

"Hi Samsung, this is repair tech XXX, I am at YYY house on service call CCC, I would like permission to install an aftermarket bearing that doesn't have your OEM design flaw."

"Use OEM part since this is the first repair."

The 2nd and 3rd time he showed up were the same conversations. The drum is balanced on two bearings. If the same bearing had blown all three times he would have been authorized to use the aftermarket bearing...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks