What's new

CEDIA 2013: Epson Projectors (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Meet Jason from Epson on the latest line-up of projectors. Epson has a sweeping line of PJ's from units that you can take outside for evening movies to a full professional line.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
I have an Epson Pro Cinema 2D-only model (which puts an excellent picture on my 120" screen) that I'll be putting on Craigs List, because I'm preordering the Epson Pro Cinema 6030UB soon.

Thanks for the Cedia video.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
Today I preordered an Epson Pro Cinema 6030UB 3D projector from Gregg Loewen (HTF Administrator) and his business Lion Audio/Visual. Gregg offered a nice discount unlike every other retailer I've seen who are selling at full price.

I also purchased from Gregg an Oppo 103D 3D Blu-ray player (with an internal Darbee and 4k upconversion).

I'm salivating at the thought of receiving these and installing them into my home theater.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Epson had a great 6030UB demo at CEDIA with a Panamorph anamorphic lens. The video performance was stunning.

This is a nice upgrade from the very well respected 6020UB.

-Robert

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
Gregg Loewen (HTF Moderator) of Lion Audio/Visual has my 6030UB in hand. He will perform a quality check for me before shipping it tomorrow. I can't wait.

For those of you who might be interested, the dealer info is:

Gregg Loewen
Lion Audio Video Consultants Inc.
Lead THX Video Standards Instructor
240 Knowlton Corner Rd
Farmington, ME 04938

Home Office: 207 778 5417

Cell Office: 207 624 2685

He has several 6030UBs in stock, and is selling them for $3499 with a FREE Oppo 103 player!!

I'll be sure to post after I have it ceiling installed and running with my Oppo onto a 120" screen in my home theater.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
i just completed a QC check on my first 6030. FknA!. Better than any 20 series that I have come across. Great work Epson!!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I've got no doubt that the 30's are even sweeter Gregg but there's no way your enthusiasm is going to get me to upgrade this PJ until Epson, Sony or Panasonic release a comparably price 4k box. Seeya in 2015! =)

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
I received my 6030 yesterday and ceiling mounted it. I'm not going to use a calibration disc until I've got some hours on it. I watched Creature of the Black Lagoon in 3D. The picture was great, clear and bright with no ghosting.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I was going to spend for a full calibration but I popped it into their 'pre-calibrated' setting and was done. It's impressive enough to me to not spend big money for what would be, to me (near sighted and 2 kinds of color blind) minor improvements.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks