What's new

3D Netflix Streaming upgraded to include 3D (2 Viewers)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
NFS today upgraded to SuperHD for all users who are able to access it not just to a small group as it previously was.

This also opens up their 3D channel.

Just on a quick look I see a few worthy movies to watch including Sammy's Tale, Cave of Forgotten Dreams, Nitro Circus, Beowulf and Pina.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
And The Hole, which has still never appeared in any Blu3D version in this country.
(Along with whatever few bits of 3Net original programming played on satellite.)

You'll need a heck of a connection, though--12m/s, which even core users may not even have, and which's why they were fooling around with that "Open Connect" nonsense.
I tried to open one of the movies, and got a 3D signal, but a minute of spin-loading, and a message saying my network was too slow.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Sampling a few items. I found one that apparently has the 3d effect backwords because all the background stuff was in front so I had to put my glasses on upside down to see it correctly.It is something called short xvi 3D Elephants dream. Looks good with glasses upside down.Also noticed that a bunch of the docs expire on the 1st.Immortals, Sammy's Tale and Nitro Circus 3D arent listed in the 3D channel. The other thing is that my Roku 2 xe doesn't do 3D but the NF app on my tv does.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Realized I hadn't tried my Panasonic 3D smart-TV NF app, but no, I've got the old first-generation app that doesn't even do subtitles.

So I went back and tried the PS3 again (which automatically adjusts picture quality for streaming speed) and went damn-the-torpedoes ahead with the "Too slow for 3D" message--The file loaded up to 63%, spun around a bit, slowly took a minute or two to load up to 100%, and then gave me four to five minutes of "The Hole" and "Legends of Flight: IMAX" in nice respectable 720p-3D at a stretch (about as well as I do on Vudu's HD stream setting) before it had to reload again.
I probably wouldn't be able to watch a whole movie at one sitting this way, but taking it in fifteen or twenty minute pieces, with "gaps" to rest my eyes, is more my speed.

So, on a purely technical basis, it CAN be done on a "normal" connection, you just have to be patient and willing to make a few sacrifices.
And if there's one thing 3DTV owners know, it's patience, persecution and sacrifice. :P

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
If you have HBO or STARZ, they also have a number of 3D movies for free to watch.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
HBO and Starz 3D isn't offered through Directv though.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
3D Netflix or Vudu still aren't supported on my Sharp TV. Would love to see "Sammy's Adventure" without paying import prices for it- I bought the Dutch 3D Blu-Ray of "The Hole" last year rather cheap though.

GregK

Screenwriter
This afternoon I tried Netflix 3-D on my Playstation III with a Comcast internet connection and it worked like a charm. It was nice to finally see some of BEOWULF in 3-D again. ..A shame this one is not available on 3-D bluray.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
GregK said:
This afternoon I tried Netflix 3-D on my Playstation III with a Comcast internet connection and it worked like a charm. It was nice to finally see some of BEOWULF in 3-D again. ..A shame this one is not available on 3-D bluray.
They have 45 3D titles.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
GregK said:
Tried it last night on my PS3. At first I get the error message that my speed is too low. But, I try again and its OK. Anyone know how to increase the speed on the PS3? My speed that I check on speedtest and speakeasy for Comcast is 50 upload and 10 download but the PS3 shows 8.7 up 5.6 down.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
No error messages now, someone might have been downloading while I was watching..

All seem to play fine so far, except Shark Night. Looks like its pulsating and can't grab on to the 3D signal but no error messages?

Where do you go to see a list of their 3D films? I see a list of about 45 films in there 3D section but, Beowulf was not on the list.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
RolandL said:
They have 45 3D titles.
I think there are a few more than that. I have at least 4 in my list that aren't in the 3D category and the category says 43 total.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yep I mentioned all of these up in the 1st and 3rd posts in this topic.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
RolandL said:
Tried it last night on my PS3. At first I get the error message that my speed is too low. But, I try again and its OK. Anyone know how to increase the speed on the PS3? My speed that I check on speedtest and speakeasy for Comcast is 50 upload and 10 download but the PS3 shows 8.7 up 5.6 down.
Are you hard wired or wireless?

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Wireless. My PS3 is on another floor so connecting with a wire is not feasible. The PC's on that floor have the same fast connection - 50 up 10 down. I did an internet search and its a common problem with the PS3. I see ways to fix it but they are pretty complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks