What's new

Netflix adds "Super HD" (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Actually super Hd for all NFS subscribers. This was previously available to limited groups.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
They've also added their 3D movies to open catalog--
However, if your provider STILL isn't fast enough to run their system, they'll tell you. :(

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I was just about to add that 3D news which for me is even bigger then the super part.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Accdg. to their website, though, 3-D requires 12Mbps, as opposed to 7Mbps for "SuperHD" (which, I assume, is their version of Vudu's Blu-derived HDX.)
I've only got a nice, casual, "average" 3.5Mbps, which gets me e-mail, YouTube, and most streaming channels up to a respectable broadcast HD,

...There's gotta be a better way.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Sam Posten said:
There is, it's called BluRay!
(Uh, yeah, that strategy doesn't exactly work for Beowulf, The Hole or Shark Night, though, does it? :rolleyes: )

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
^Sam I'm not sure what you see on that Shark Night link.
schan1269 said:
Which Beowulf? 1999? No Blue. 2008? Yes, there is.
These are in reference to 3D content.The one on NF is 3D and the version of the Hole is a movie directed by joe Dante that came out a couple years ago also not 3D on disc.Beowulf is the Zemeckis version

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
TonyD said:
These are in reference to 3D content.The one on NF is 3D and the version of the Hole is a movie directed by joe Dante that came out a couple years ago also not 3D on disc.Beowulf is the Zemeckis version
Which also never came out on 3D disk.

(And 3D fans' "Hubba-whaaa? :blink: " about suddenly getting the 3D version on Netflix is probably sourced from satellite 3Net, where much of the digital 3D-content series seem to be licensed from.
Shark Night, like Nutcracker 3D and Sammy/Turtle's Tale, was already available on a digital-download 3D version in the US from Vudu, but even they never got Beowulf--That just came out of freakin' nowhere. )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks