What's new

The Big Bang Theory Season 7 (1 Viewer)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I found the second episode - the scene with the raised shirts - to be hilarious.

Both episodes were fun

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
A fun start to the season. Nothing terribly memorable but there were some laughs. That's enough.

Favorite joke was

Sheldon: "It sounds like kissing."
Amy: "Like you'd know what that sounds like."
Sheldon: "There was kissing on Star Trek smarty-pants"

:)

- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Bernadette's reaction to Howard and Raj was great! It made me wonder if Howard's mother will now be only be mentioned and not heard anymore. There was a story in the news that Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch were made full cast members this season and had been given great deals. Which caused Johnny Galecki and Jim Parson and Kaley Cuoco putting on a united front to renegotiate their deals. When I heard that it made me wonder if CBS was going balk and threaten the season. Glad to see the season start so well and CBS probably felt the series was doing too well to risk it. So like the cast of Friends, they made a deal. I hope that Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar were equally Included in a deal.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Nelson Au said:
Bernadette's reaction to Howard and Raj was great!It made me wonder if Howard's mother will now be only be mentioned and not heard anymore.There was a story in the news that Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch were made full cast members this season and had been given great deals. Which caused Johnny Galecki and Jim Parson and Kaley Cuoco putting on a united front to renegotiate their deals. When I heard that it made me wonder if CBS was going balk and threaten the season. Glad to see the season start so well and CBS probably felt the series was doing too well to risk it. So like the cast of Friends, they made a deal. I hope that Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar were equally Included in a deal.
They deserve one heck of a bonus for that scene they did. :D

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
My GF was about to die of laughter during the raised shirt scene...

"Girls totally do that...!!!" (to add to the hilarity, in my living room, my GF is a twin...we paused the DVR so she could call her sister to see if she was watching)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Nelson Au said:
Bernadette's reaction to Howard and Raj was great!
That was great how she walked in, observed, then walked out without saying a word. :lol:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Fun episodes. Preferred the first one. The second wrapped up the emotional conflict to quickly and tidily.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
DaveF said:
Fun episodes. Preferred the first one. The second wrapped up the emotional conflict to quickly and tidily.
I don't know, I thought Howard getting emotional was kind of messy. :) Besides, I think the series has already established that Sheldon is a child emotionally and is able to be pouting one moment and have forgotten the problem the next.

This makes me wonder: was that character growth on the part of Sheldon? Howard told him he should be happy for Leonard and that seemed to be what made Sheldon change his mind. Gad, he's such a self-centered boob.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed them mixing up the couples in tonight's episodes. The episode contained a mix of some standard routines (esp. Penny having to defend her intelligence) and some new elements such as Bernadette's competitive nature and a shared love of Neil Diamond for Amy and Howard. I liked the idea of juggling the couples and I hope the series revisits this device in the future. Of course we've seen a lot of Penny and Sheldon together over the years but not the other combinations. Anyway another fun episode and I kind of felt sorry for Leonard who was in trouble with Penny (which was his fault) and being constantly berated by Bernadette. (It rhymes with a lady part.)

- Walter.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I laughed far more tonight then I expected to. The Neil Diamond bits were all great and the moments with Leonard were hilarious

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The dark side of Bernie! Howard and Amy were quite the pair.And it's quite odd now to see Raj so open and able to be so animated and talkative in front of the girls!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Episodes like that justify my love for this show. I can't figure out how this show is non-stop funny but Mom is relentlessly awful and devoid of humor.

An all time classic. No weak spots, just balls to the walls laughs.

Sheldon = Gold!
Howard = Gold!
Raj = Gold!
Amy = Gold!
Penny = Gold!
Comic Book Store Guy = Gold!
Bernadette = Platinum!
Leonard = silver. I mean, that's still good.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Hanson said:
Episodes like that justify my love for this show. I can't figure out how this show is non-stop funny but Mom is relentlessly awful and devoid of humor.
Mom was awful. Just one episode and I've already deleted it from my DVR schedule.

Even Big Bang was only so-so. Still good, but you'd think they'd do a better job on the season opener.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That was a fun episode.Penny and Sheldon were a riot, and the flipping of her "intelligence" to make her good at the hunt was great.Amy and Howard: I expected the music to run out and them to be back to silence. I was pleasantly surprised that they played all the way out as a success, and that they were the one couple to have a good time.Bernadette, the wolverine...I felt for Leonard. That feeling of being trapped in "fun" activity that you hate makes for a bad day. My one gripe was the setup. It seems weird and not fitting that everyone had blown off Raj's party, and lied to him about it.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I didn't ever think of it that way either. But it still doesn't change why I love the movie. (and, FYI, she's wrong.. if Indiana wasn't in the film, several major characters would have been killed at points for the items they held, and the arc would have been opened again because the only people who would re-find it would be the nazi's)

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
mattCR said:
But it still doesn't change why I love the movie. (and, FYI, she's wrong.. if Indiana wasn't in the film, several major characters would have been killed at points for the items they held, and the arc would have been opened again because the only people who would re-find it would be the nazi's)
My thoughts exactly.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Assuming that Jones wasn't in the film, the Ark of the Covenant would have been taken to Berlin and (hopefully) it would have been opened for Hitler, effectively ending the war.

Awwwwwwwwwwww.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks