What's new

Square Pegs (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
There is an old thread on Squrare Pegs, but it seem to talked about the show airing or the dvd coming out.

I have dvd set and decided to watch the episodes again. The show takes me back to HS!!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I never watched the show originally (thinking it was a "girls show" lol). But I picked up the DVD set and wish I had. It takes me back too. I've been milking the set for a while, and always crave it like a movie of the time, sixteen Candles, Breakfast club, etc. Those were great times. Glad the show is out.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i was browsing tvsodvd, and saw a complete series of this coming out oct 21 ?

have heard of it, but know nothing about it.

i assume there must have been a previous release ?

reviews on amazon are generally good, EXCEPT apparently much of the original music was not licensed, so replaced.

the dialogue is supposed to be all there.

i couldnt find any new discussion on this release ?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
For anyone who's really interested in the show, I'd suggest seeking out the 2008 Sony release (Amazon has marketplace sellers offering new copies for around $10) as the 20 episodes are spread over 3 discs whereas the new Mill Creek release crams them all onto 2 discs.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
the old release is available and inexpensive.

what is the point of this new release, if nothing has changed ?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
MC is releasing all the shows they made a deal for. Square Pegs is just one of them. When the old release goes oop their release will be the one people might buy. Same thing happened with BCI. It's what they do. I guess...

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i went ahead and purchased the 3 disk version - it was cheap enough that i might still buy a better version if it came out

but it looks like the millcreek version is no better, and perhaps worse, being that it is on 2 discs, instead of 3.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
MC will most likely be worse. Although I've enjoyed seeing That 70s Show again with their release of it, the episodes sometimes play jerky on my panny player because MC squeezed too many on a disc. :(

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I can say the show was interesting for the time it reflected, but it also just goes to show you lack of character development/plots ensure the show as not going to succeed. Really? How many more things can you do in the early 1980s that cannot be cover off with a few episodes, lol.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
the old release is available and inexpensive.

what is the point of this new release, if nothing has changed ?
The Sony release was discontinued and is out of print. In order to keep it in circulation they licensed the rights to Mill Creek who have re-released it. I am not really familiar with this series, I presume it wasn't very popular since it didn't last very long?! If Sony printed up a lot of copies and if they are still readily available then I don't really understand why it would need to be re-released- at least at this point in time?!

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
that makes some sense - the current 3-disc release is no longer being manufactured ?

there is still a decent supply now, by looking at the prices.

but that could still mean less than a year left.

it seems to be the general consensus amongst just about everyone that millcreek puts out inexpensive sets, that also are not of the best quality.

and i am not knocking that - it may be suitable for lots of people.

but not really for me.

are there any millcreek releases that were of high quality ?

or can i pretty much just skip them if i am thinking of hq ?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
TVonDVDJunkie05 said:
The Sony release was discontinued and is out of print. In order to keep it in circulation they licensed the rights to Mill Creek who have re-released it. I am not really familiar with this series, I presume it wasn't very popular since it didn't last very long?! If Sony printed up a lot of copies and if they are still readily available then I don't really understand why it would need to be re-released- at least at this point in time?!
I think the show has some what following due to Sarah Jessica Parker is in the series. The series is average when you look at other shows that include teenagers as they main plot, like Growing Pains or Hogan Family or Family Ties or other shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks