What's new

Castle Season 6 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Premieres tonight. Castle has popped the question, and Beckett has her new job with the government in DC as we kick off Season 6.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
It wasn't a bad premiere, but the show demonstrated why Beckett in Washington will not work in any type of long term capacity. Since this is her dream job will external factors force her back to the NYPD? Pretty sure this was a topic of discussion in the Season 5 thread at the end of last season. Ryan and Esposito were practically an afterthought in the first episode.

Surprised that there wasn't a Life of Pi reference in the episode, or perhaps I missed it. I was also surprised that the show started with a two(?) parter.

- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure I liked this premiere. It had a lot of good stuff.As the previews teased, they didn't do what it implied which was to drag out whether Beckett would accept the proposal. So it was nice to see them actually play it this way and the pair agree to make the relationship work. So the conflict is the job. Beckett getting shot three times was a good trick. I guess they had to have Castle meddle in the case. I was with them until the last minute and they reveal the toxin business.I'm guessing in the end of the second part, Beckett will decide its too risky to stay a Fed and go back to the NYPD.The guest cast list was a long one, so it's no surprise Esposito and Ryan seemd like an after thought! And that facility Beckett works in sure looked like a fancy and expensive set. It made me wonder if the show can sustain a long combination between the CIA and NYPD casts and and integrate the Feds.Alexis boyfriend felt like a typical distraction. I trust the producers will not make this toxin thing a shark moment.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I wasn't expecting a two/three parter to start the season, so that was a major surprise. I enjoyed the episode, but I agree that Beckett in DC isn't going to work in the long term. By the end of the Lisa Edelstein story arc (episodes 1-3), Beckett should be back in NYC and things get back to normal.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
I wasn't expecting a two/three parter to start the season, so that was a major surprise. I enjoyed the episode, but I agree that Beckett in DC isn't going to work in the long term. By the end of the Lisa Edelstein story arc (episodes 1-3), Beckett should be back in NYC and things get back to normal.
I wonder if that means there is another cliffhanger at the end of episode two? Or whether there is just a small transition scene or two in episode three.

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
So Rick doesn't die and we see why Becket will leave her new job and go back to NY. It was an OK episode. Can't wait until Alexis' new boyfriend is dispensed with.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I find Alexis' boytoy to be funny. You don't think girls date certain guys just to make their parent's skin crawl a little bit?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Was there any doubt about Castle's fate? Kind of robs the episode of any real drama; other than what scenario is going to cause Beckett to return to the NYPD. Looks like they are inching closer to that based on next week's preview with Kate back in NY on a federal case.

- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Beckett's partner's line about her seeing everything in black and white was the key for her return to NYC.I was sure Castle was going to say he didn't see Alexis boyfriend in his dream!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, no suspense with the life or death for Castle, but it was an interesting back and forth and a good twist at the end.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
And as predicted, things will be closer to "normal" next week as long as no one sullys things for Beckett.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Just pure speculation...

- While I'm sure that Beckett will eventually return to the NYPD we don't know how long that will take or in what capacity.
- Castle was all set to move to DC to a) be with Beckett and b) get away from Alexis and her boyfriend.

Will Beckett and Castle find a new place in NY and move in together on a full time basis? Not her place or his place, but their place. Seems like a logical next step.

I wasn't too surprised that they wrapped up the federal angle although it did feel abrupt.

- Walter.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
I wasn't too surprised that they wrapped up the federal angle although it did feel abrupt.

- Walter.
I wasn't surprised that her employment with the FBI ended, but I was surprised that it wasn't her decision. We could see her growing frustration and dissatisfaction.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I agree, the writers have been showing Beckett more and more frustrated by the lack of full knowledge of the case as shown last night and her partner kept hammering that in. It's the way it is.I too thought she'd quit because of that and the danger the job brought onto Castle. Though he walked into that! :)I find it hard to believe an agent can just pass on the message that another is fired! I'm sure they have to bring Beckett back in, debrief her and a ton of other security things. But I'm sure it will be done off camera.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was a little put out with Esposito and Ryan last night (and the Captain, though she's usually in a snit). Castle has helped them close quite a few cases, and yet he was treated initially like an intrusion into their methodology or something. Apart from the job, I thought they were friends, "bros," as it were, and I just didn't expect them to give him the cold shoulder. And unless the mayor has rescinded his request, Castle is there at the precinct on his order whether the captain likes it or not.

No surprise about Beckett, and the clips from next week did seem to be getting things back to normal.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
She's back. They found some money to cover her salary. I liked the sugar daddy line and the business of everyone coming into Castle's bedroom as if Castle and Beckett were already married.Interesting twist to have a hostage taker ask Castle to clear her name.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks