• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 of 80 OFFLINE   dpippel

dpippel

HTF Premium Member

• 3,207 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 06:39 AM

Who knows..but Walmart has it for $24.99..$1 less than Star Trek and all the major retailers are matching it. So what's the problem? ;)

Walmart had STID 3D available for $19.99 at one point.

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

#62 of 80 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,294 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted September 26 2013 - 02:34 PM

Walmart had STID 3D available for $19.99 at one point.

It's available this week for that price at Target.
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#63 of 80 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted September 26 2013 - 07:28 PM

I broke down and picked up the 3D version of Iron Man 3 tonight at BB with the Disney $3 coupon.  After the week I've had, I fully expected a fight with the cashier.  I even told my BF as we walked in,"If they put up a fight, expect me to raise holy hell."  I showed him the package that had nothing about Disney on it, save the "distributed by" fine print on the back.

Lo and behold, we get to the register and I get a new cashier.  An experienced guy comes over and asks if the newbie needs help with a coupon.  He says yes and the first thing this veteran says is you have to make sure the coupon is good on the product being sold.  He glanced at Iron Man 3 and the Disney coupon...and then said "yup, it applies" without thinking about it.  Clearly he had seen at least one of these before.

I also picked up Iron Man: Rise of the Techmovore for $9.99 at BB. 

Next week's project: making sure someone takes the coupon for The Little Mermaid.

#64 of 80 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,511 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 26 2013 - 07:39 PM

And the "new cashier" learns a valuable lesson.  Don't %#$@ with Jason_V when he comes to your register with a coupon.  :biggrin:

The "experienced guy" mentored the young apprentice much like Yoda mentored the young Luke Skywalker. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#65 of 80 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted September 26 2013 - 07:45 PM

And the "new cashier" learns a valuable lesson.  Don't %#$@ with Jason_V when he comes to your register with a coupon.  :biggrin:

The "experienced guy" mentored the young apprentice much like Yoda mentored the young Luke Skywalker. 

You'd better believe it!  I was all ready for a fight and even found the "distributed by" language on the back of the slipcover just in case I needed it. 

Really, Mike, I was all ready to come here and write "BB incompetence strikes again!"  I had an entire angry post written in my head!  Kinda sad, don't ya think??

#66 of 80 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,511 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 26 2013 - 07:55 PM

It IS kinda sad...but I actually had a flashback while I was reading your post to those salad days when I was trying to desperately to get on Best Buy's list for "preferred customer" coupons!

The running gag was that they had my picture hanging in their break room to be sure I didn't get coupons, get to use coupons, etc.  :biggrin:

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#67 of 80 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted September 26 2013 - 08:02 PM

I totally rememeber that!  Those were the days! 

#68 of 80 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,511 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 26 2013 - 08:13 PM

I totally rememeber that!  Those were the days! 

Quite an odyssey!  Almost as heroic as Homer's!  :laugh:

homer.jpg

#69 of 80 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,294 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted September 27 2013 - 03:01 AM

I broke down and picked up the 3D version of Iron Man 3 tonight at BB with the Disney $3 coupon. After the week I've had, I fully expected a fight with the cashier. I even told my BF as we walked in,"If they put up a fight, expect me to raise holy hell." I showed him the package that had nothing about Disney on it, save the "distributed by" fine print on the back.

Lo and behold, we get to the register and I get a new cashier. An experienced guy comes over and asks if the newbie needs help with a coupon. He says yes and the first thing this veteran says is you have to make sure the coupon is good on the product being sold. He glanced at Iron Man 3 and the Disney coupon...and then said "yup, it applies" without thinking about it. Clearly he had seen at least one of these before.

I also picked up Iron Man: Rise of the Techmovore for $9.99 at BB.

Next week's project: making sure someone takes the coupon for The Little Mermaid.

I used the coupon there on Tuesday no problem either.

Did you also have them price match Walmart's $24.99 price?

And what Little Mermaid coupon??

Edited by Tino, September 27 2013 - 03:02 AM.

#70 of 80 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted September 27 2013 - 05:27 AM

I used the coupon there on Tuesday no problem either.

Did you also have them price match Walmart's $24.99 price?

And what Little Mermaid coupon??

Dang it!  I knew I forgot something!  Maybe I'll go back and try this weekend to get the price match...

Little Mermaid coupon is on the Scott Tissue site.  It's $5, which should make our big two brick and mortar retailers the cheapest places to get pretty much any version.  If I did my math and price intelligence correctly, the 3D version should work out to be $27.99; Amazon, with their $5 coupon, clocks in at $29.96 right now. 

#71 of 80 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,511 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 27 2013 - 06:09 AM

I am sooooo looking forward to The Little Mermaid!

#72 of 80 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,524 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted September 27 2013 - 06:47 AM

Little Mermaid coupon is on the Scott Tissue site.  It's $5, which should make our big two brick and mortar retailers the cheapest places to get pretty much any version.  If I did my math and price intelligence correctly, the 3D version should work out to be $27.99; Amazon, with their $5 coupon, clocks in at $29.96 right now. 

It's $7 and here's the link: https://www.scottbra...r/littlemermaid

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#73 of 80 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted September 27 2013 - 06:55 AM

Thanks Cameron.  I actually had it written in my New Release calendar correctly, but I confused the $5 Amazon coupon with the $7 Scott Tissue one. 

#74 of 80 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,294 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted September 27 2013 - 12:24 PM

Nice. Thanks guys!

#75 of 80 OFFLINE   David_Jr

David_Jr

Supporting Actor

• 600 posts

Posted September 28 2013 - 04:12 PM

My store does the same thing. I don't understand the point of advertising a sale price, then not posting the sale price in the store.

I went to walmart and got the got the BD+DVD+DC for $19.99, but couldn't use the coupon.  The cashier couldn't get it to scan.  Then we went to customer service and they couldn't get it to scan.  They told me to wait for a manager to overide it.  We waited for a while and no manager came so we left.  After so many stories of no problem with the coupon I figured it would be a piece of cake, but not so at Wally World.

Dave

#76 of 80 OFFLINE   JeremyLG

JeremyLG

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted September 28 2013 - 05:46 PM

Thanks for the tip on the Walmart price for Iron Man 3. I was able to get the IM3, 3D version for 24.99 - 3.00 coupon from Disney Movie Rewards. Pretty good bargain!

#77 of 80 OFFLINE   David_Jr

David_Jr

Supporting Actor

• 600 posts

Posted September 30 2013 - 01:43 PM

Thanks for the tip on the Walmart price for Iron Man 3. I was able to get the IM3, 3D version for 24.99 - 3.00 coupon from Disney Movie Rewards. Pretty good bargain!

How were they able to use the coupon?  Cahier and CS were unabe to scan it at my Walmart.  Glad you were able to use it.

Dave

#78 of 80 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,169 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted September 30 2013 - 01:48 PM

Scanned at my walmart.
facebook.com/whotony

#79 of 80 OFFLINE   David_Jr

David_Jr

Supporting Actor

• 600 posts

Posted September 30 2013 - 03:07 PM

Thanks.  Well color me ripped off!!

Dave

#80 of 80 OFFLINE   JeremyLG

JeremyLG

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 05:02 AM

Sorry missed replying, scanned fine for me to. I actually did it myself in the self checkout line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users