Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Extra sub woofer for HTIB

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   legacy2080

legacy2080

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted September 20 2013 - 02:03 AM

Hello Friends

I am having a Panasonic HTIB, it’s an old model SA-KT930 and its comes with sub an active WA930, for the main system, power is providing by the sub, and the connection to the speakers too. What my question is I have another WA930 (same as original)  which is given by my friend. I would like to connect it to the system, is it possible? What are the precautions I have to take?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,461 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted September 20 2013 - 06:51 AM

You are going to have to provide pictures of the connections of this subwoofer. I can't find any information...anywhere.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   legacy2080

legacy2080

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted September 20 2013 - 08:01 AM

Ohh...... there is a typo, the actual home theater model is panasonic SC -HT930. and the sub is SB-WA930. And the panasonic system cable (25 pin) is using to communicate between main unit and sub. This is the main issue I am facing. Its not easy to understand the roll of each cable. What I am thinking to cut one cable and connect new sub cable  there, with matching the color code of cabll.("Y" connection), but really no idea about what will be the result. I am not an electronics expert. I dont know what signals are coming to sub from Main unit and the signals sending back to main from Sub. Probably most of the cable are using to bring the signals from main unit to sub, except the power cables.

Edited by legacy2080, September 21 2013 - 01:48 AM.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,461 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted September 21 2013 - 11:35 AM

Letting us know HT930 isn't helping either. How old is this thing?

Take a pic of the connections.

But the answer is probably no...it won't work.

The "non-ability to upgrade" is the number one reason to never buy a craptastic HTiB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users