Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What short lived show do you want from WB Archives?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 of 75 PODER

PODER

Stunt Coordinator

• 232 posts

Posted September 27 2013 - 03:16 PM

Norman Lear's THE POWERS THAT BE!!! One of the funniest shows ever ...

#62 of 75 Astairefan

Astairefan

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted September 28 2013 - 06:25 AM

The only shows I know of that I am interested in are Flo, Jimmy Stewart Show, the two short-lived Maverick series (especially Bret Maverick), The Dakotas, and the Alaskans.  Beyond those, I don't currently know of any others, although I am trying to keep an open mind on some shows, as I continue to find other shows in their library that might interest me.

#63 of 75 Timothy E

Timothy E

Supporting Actor

• 849 posts

Posted September 28 2013 - 01:53 PM

The Human Target(1992) with unaired pilot episode

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventures(1992) with unaired pilot episode

New Maverick

Bret Maverick

The Alaskans

#64 of 75 Clyde's Place

Clyde's Place

Agent

• 48 posts

Posted September 28 2013 - 03:16 PM

Mine would definitely be - Search/Probe.

I'll second that.  I'm happy and probably should consider myself lucky just to have the pilot episode since I never thought it would see the light of day.  Same way with Then Came Bronson.  Glad to have that as well but would like the series.

Bronson was one season and it's surprising how few mention it so I guess I will.  Maybe somebody did and I just missed it.  I'll go back and re-read.

• PatrickGoodluck likes this

#65 of 75 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,074 posts

Posted October 02 2013 - 12:24 PM

Believe these to be WB/owned. With clearances, could all be short and sweet releases.

Kaz

King's Crossing

The Mississippi

Flamingo Road

Only show out of those you've listed I've heard of, is Flamingo Road. Did want to suggest that title (even though it aired for two seasons, preceded by a possible feature length pilot episode), but wasn't sure if it was a Lorimar show that would have music clearance problems (like with Knots Landing), or whether it would be a more straightforward path to a Warner Home Video/Warner Archive DVD release (like Dallas and Falcon Crest).

#66 of 75 oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted October 05 2013 - 07:17 PM

I'd sure go for Temple Houston.

#67 of 75 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,074 posts

Posted October 06 2013 - 12:32 PM

Another short-lived show (but this one is more of a short-short-lived show, as there appear to be only two episodes which were shown, based on it's main IMDb page) I'd like to see released by the Warner Archive, is Adams of Eagle Lake (starring Andy Griffith).

Edited by WaveCrest, October 06 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#68 of 75 TV_Fan

TV_Fan

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted October 06 2013 - 01:20 PM

I would love to see Love Sidney starring Tony Randall released.

#69 of 75 David_B_K

David_B_K

Advanced Member

• 1,401 posts

Posted October 07 2013 - 01:24 PM

I would like to see Quinn Martin's 1930's private eye series Banyon starring Robert Forster. There are 15 episodes and a pilot movie. According to Wikipedia, Time/Warner currently has the rights.

#70 of 75 PatrickGoodluck

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator

• 163 posts

Posted October 07 2013 - 11:12 PM

I'll second that.  I'm happy and probably should consider myself lucky just to have the pilot episode since I never thought it would see the light of day.  Same way with Then Came Bronson.  Glad to have that as well but would like the series.

Bronson was one season and it's surprising how few mention it so I guess I will.  Maybe somebody did and I just missed it.  I'll go back and re-read.

Search would be up there at the top of my list for short lived shows. Glad you mentioned Then Came Bronson. I have all the episodes from both those shows but would definitely buy it for superior quality prints.

Not absolutely sure if WB's own these but would love to see The Men wheel series (Assignment: Vienna; The Delphi Bureau and Jigsaw) get a release. Also Jigsaw John.

• Clyde's Place likes this

#71 of 75 Jack P

Jack P

Screenwriter

• 2,897 posts

Posted October 08 2013 - 04:39 AM

Banyon would be interesting, but my understanding is that "The FBI" is the only QM show that Warner controls.     He did shows "produced in association with Warner Brothers" that are under CBS/Paramount control like "Streets Of San Francisco" and I think that would apply to "Banyon" as well as the other 70s QM titles ("Twelve O'Clock High" would be the one QM show controlled by Fox; which means we'll never see it)

#72 of 75 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,467 posts

Posted October 08 2013 - 07:16 AM

Warner Brothers Presents (Cheyenne, King's Row, Casablanca rotating series, 1955)

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#73 of 75 bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Second Unit

• 394 posts

Posted October 11 2013 - 10:55 PM

I will echo a vote for YOUNG MAVERICK.   Add to that my need to whole 'complete' sets of series, thus I want to add BRET MAVERICK to that list. 

#74 of 75 Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,877 posts

Posted October 17 2013 - 11:17 AM

Defintely Hank!  One of the first shows allowed to have an ending episode, and the show was in color!

Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#75 of 75 bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Second Unit

• 394 posts

Posted October 17 2013 - 08:33 PM

BRET MAVERICK

YOUNG MAVERICK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users