What's new

IOS7 (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I'm with you Matt. I updated my 4s to iOS 7 yesterday afternoon when it went live. Everything works well and I haven't had an app which did not work (so far). I love the overall feel and things aren't too different than they were in iOS 6. If you could navigate around that OS, you can navigate around this one with relative ease. My biggest complaints are the flat design and color palate. I don't like pastel colors and the flat design looks like it belongs in an episode of South Park. Another complaint is folder design. iOS 6 allowed more than 9 apps in a folder at once. iOS 7 creates a 2nd page within the folder if you have more than 9 apps in that folder, which defeats the purpose of not scrolling from page to page to see where your apps are if you forget where you put one. Most of my folders had 10-12 apps in them. Now, most of them are multi-page folders so I am figuring out a different sort scheme for apps to keep them to 9 or less per folder. Gigantic oversight, IMO.

What is your favorite new feature/change? Mine has to be the flashlight function in the Control Center. It's a simple inclusion but one which they should have made before now.

*Edited to correct my bad grammar.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Since it works fine on iPhone 4s, I guess it won't slow down (or eat battery) on iPad3. That's probably my main concern about finally upgrading from iOS5.1 at this point -- yeah, I never got around to trying iOS6 in large part because of the Maps situation. Actually, I should probably make sure a few paid (and fairly expensive) apps still work 100% as well though I don't see why not...

_Man_

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Likes: Like the Live Preview of apps when you want to switch, Sam, it reminds me so much of my Windows Phone, makes me all at home ;) , I also like the block options or at least the wife does on her phone, really like the control center

Dislikes: Dislike the icons. Dislike that folders now don't bloom to full screen and you only get part of your icon and they have pages inside of a mini-page.. it just doesn't feel right. Dislike the down swipe for a spotlight, because it conflates it with the today notification center until you get used to the idea you have to downswipe away from the top 10% of the page.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Is it publicly released now?Regardless I don't think I'll upgrade on my 4. Sounds like it will be too slow.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Dave, I see the update in my iPad3, and they've announced it w/ a video presentation on the site. Unfortunately, as usual, the update requires plenty of free space on the device to install -- over 4GB (or ~3x the OS's actual size) in this case -- so can't do it just yet til I get around to freeing up some space... _Man_Sent via HTF mobile app

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
Devices all updated. Love the function, hate the icons. ;)
Me on Twitter yesterday: "iOS 7’s functional redesign and enhancements are great. The new UI’s cosmetic appearance I don’t like one bit."

The one functional change that bothers me is bringing up control center is more difficult than the sideways slide of the dock to get to the similar iOS 6 controls was. Maybe my iPad case makes it worse. Otherwise, clearly iOS 7 will be a bone for App developers: the new NY Times iPad app (iOS 7 only) is a colossal improvement.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I forgot this is for the iPad too. Has apple even publicly shown ios7 for iPad? It seems swept under the rug. Need to see reviews on whether to,upgrade our ipad2 and ipad3,

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I've been running iOS 7 on the iPad since Beta 2 or 3 (forget which, it was not released for Beta 1).

No issues, in fact, it seems to run a little better on the iPad 4 than it does the iPhone 4S. It should also run on iPad 2 and 3.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
DaveF said:
Is it publicly released now?Regardless I don't think I'll upgrade on my 4. Sounds like it will be too slow.
I'm worried about this too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks