What's new

Parks and Recreation - Season 6 (NBC) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
New promo for the season-opener just aired:

There's also a short clip on Hulu. Peter Serafinowicz is guesting, which is all kinds of awesome, and I like the nod to Pratt bulking up for his Marvel gig.

Between this, and Dan Harmon returning to Community, it feels like the good old days are officially back.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Hopefully now that it's playing virtually non-stop in syndication (it's on at least four different local channels near where I live) plus cable repeats, casual channel-flippers will get turned on to the show, and maybe watch it "live" during this upcoming NBC season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Great premiere. I loved the show's explanation for Andy's sudden fitness. Lots of great stuff in there, very strong opening to the season.Ron Swanson's wedding was just perfect.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
Ron Swanson's wedding was just perfect.
Yeah, that was pretty good. Leslie's trip for Ron was really nice too.

I liked April's letter to Leslie and its Satan signature.

I knew they were going to have use Chris Pratt less this season but it was a pretty smart move to just take him out of Pawnee all together.

I'm guessing that Jean-Ralphio's dad is going to be a wacky character. Who else but a demented lunatic could spawn (or even name) kids like Jean-Ralphio and Mona Lisa?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I desperately want Ron Swanson to have a show on the Travel Channel.

Also, Peter Serafinowicz was amazing. Andy and Lord Andy. ("Have you heard of 'Scotland'?")

“Hogwarts is fictional. Do you know that? It’s important to me that you know that.”

"This is a waking nightmare. Of happiness."

"History began on July 4, 1776. Everything before that was a mistake."

“This is the moment we’ve been dreaming of. You and me and our baby. And Tom. And his weird feud with our doctor.”

Leslie unloading on Pawnee's ungrateful residents was cathartic. The show is often called "Capra-esque," but Capra was well aware that the mob was often stupid and unreasonable, and the inhabitants of Pawnee leech off Leslie's energy far more than Bedford Falls ever leeched off George Bailey.

Since it's fairly expensive, I've only ever bought myself one bottle of the Lagavulin 16 that Ron loves, and it is so good, it almost did bring tears to my eyes. Probably the greatest thing I've ever drank.

As soon as I saw the "Glasgow" sign, I blurted out, "Omigod he's going to the Lagavulin distillery! It's going to be the best thing ever!"

And it was. Seriously, that may be my single favorite moment from this show, ever.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
TravisR said:
I'm guessing that Jean-Ralphio's dad is going to be a wacky character. Who else but a demented lunatic could spawn (or even name) kids like Jean-Ralphio and Mona Lisa?
tumblr_mtr9sdf3oB1rdh9azo1_400.gif

"They’re the woOoOoOoOoOoOorst!!"

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It was great. Glad to see it's still the best comedy on TV. It's stunning that this show and its cast doesn't get more recognition, particularly at Emmy time.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
"11. Free Sundaes" should have worked well in a city with such a high obesity rate. And if Leslie actually got "36. Dog Prom" to happen, she could forget about the recall vote because she'd be made President of the country as soon as the video went on You Tube.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
So apparently Eagleton is just Entertainment720 as a city.

Chris Bosh playing for Eagleton High School has me wondering if the team's boosters are Avon Barksdale and Stringer Bell.She didn't have much to play off of, but Kristen Bell still showed that she's better than what she's given to do on House of Lies (and how cool would it have been to see her and Ben Schwartz in a scene together?).(Also: Kristen Bell is incredibly MILF-y, now.)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Thanks for that, josh. Ron Swanson is one of the best characters on TV and "Parks and Recreation" is still the best comedy.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Guys, I think Eagleton Ron helped Walt get the Stevia in Lydia's tea.

Watched this latest one again, and I absolutely loved Ron's disappointment with Eagleton Ron. I thought he was about to cry when Sam Elliott started talking about how great The Smiths' "Meat is Murder" is. I could watch "Ron vs. Ron" for hours, so it's a bummer to see Sam Elliott ride into the sunset already.

Also, it's funny that April's doppelganger's real name is June (Diane Raphael, wife of Paul Scheer, proving that some women really do care about personality).

"Tynnyfer, do you have kids?"
"Ewwww, no -- I've had so much rejuvenation, that I don't think a baby could get out of there if it tried."

Loved the Craig/Donna-pairing. Loved Pawnee Ron giving the laser-eye to Eagleton Ron as he described his freegan communal lifestyle. Loved celebratory lunges and masseurs with their own dedicated barista. Loved watching Leslie's cognitive dissonance when faced with waffles and bad news.

Also-also:

Ben compulsively re-watching Twin Peaks (and re-reading "Laura's Diary") to find any Easter Eggs he might have missed.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Forgot to mention:

The joy in Ben's face when he described crushing people after Chris had brought their spirits up is easily my favorite Ben-moment ever. I think the show has sort of underutilized Adam Scott in places by essentially making him the straight-man/wet blanket to Leslie and the others, but it's always great to see him have a nerdgasm when talking about accounting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks