-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Parks and Recreation - Season 6 (NBC)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 of 109 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,983 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted September 15 2013 - 09:59 AM

New promo for the season-opener just aired:

There's also a short clip on Hulu. Peter Serafinowicz is guesting, which is all kinds of awesome, and I like the nod to Pratt bulking up for his Marvel gig.

Between this, and Dan Harmon returning to Community, it feels like the good old days are officially back.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#2 of 109 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,770 posts

Posted September 15 2013 - 01:08 PM

This is my most-anticipated returning show!

• TravisR likes this

#3 of 109 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,678 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 16 2013 - 04:11 AM

This is my most-anticipated returning show!

I love Boardwalk Empire but same here. It kills me that more people don't watch this show.

#4 of 109 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,983 posts

Posted September 16 2013 - 08:39 AM

Hopefully now that it's playing virtually non-stop in syndication (it's on at least four different local channels near where I live) plus cable repeats, casual channel-flippers will get turned on to the show, and maybe watch it "live" during this upcoming NBC season.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#5 of 109 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,678 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 10:23 AM

Tonight at 8 PM. Tell your friends, neighbors and strangers!

#6 of 109 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,087 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted September 26 2013 - 06:22 PM

Great premiere. I loved the show's explanation for Andy's sudden fitness. Lots of great stuff in there, very strong opening to the season.

Ron Swanson's wedding was just perfect.

#7 of 109 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,678 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 06:34 PM

Ron Swanson's wedding was just perfect.

Yeah, that was pretty good. Leslie's trip for Ron was really nice too.

I liked April's letter to Leslie and its Satan signature.

I knew they were going to have use Chris Pratt less this season but it was a pretty smart move to just take him out of Pawnee all together.

I'm guessing that Jean-Ralphio's dad is going to be a wacky character. Who else but a demented lunatic could spawn (or even name) kids like Jean-Ralphio and Mona Lisa?

#8 of 109 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,983 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 08:05 PM

I desperately want Ron Swanson to have a show on the Travel Channel.

Also, Peter Serafinowicz was amazing. Andy and Lord Andy. ("Have you heard of 'Scotland'?")

“Hogwarts is fictional. Do you know that? It’s important to me that you know that.”

"This is a waking nightmare. Of happiness."

"History began on July 4, 1776. Everything before that was a mistake."

“This is the moment we’ve been dreaming of. You and me and our baby. And Tom. And his weird feud with our doctor.”

Leslie unloading on Pawnee's ungrateful residents was cathartic. The show is often called "Capra-esque," but Capra was well aware that the mob was often stupid and unreasonable, and the inhabitants of Pawnee leech off Leslie's energy far more than Bedford Falls ever leeched off George Bailey.

Since it's fairly expensive, I've only ever bought myself one bottle of the Lagavulin 16 that Ron loves, and it is so good, it almost did bring tears to my eyes. Probably the greatest thing I've ever drank.

As soon as I saw the "Glasgow" sign, I blurted out, "Omigod he's going to the Lagavulin distillery! It's going to be the best thing ever!" 

And it was. Seriously, that may be my single favorite moment from this show, ever.

Edited by joshEH, September 26 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#9 of 109 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,983 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 08:36 PM

I'm guessing that Jean-Ralphio's dad is going to be a wacky character. Who else but a demented lunatic could spawn (or even name) kids like Jean-Ralphio and Mona Lisa?

tumblr_mtr9sdf3oB1rdh9azo1_400.gif

"They’re the woOoOoOoOoOoOorst!!"

• TravisR likes this

#10 of 109 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,770 posts

Posted September 27 2013 - 08:42 AM

It was great. Glad to see it's still the best comedy on TV. It's stunning that this show and its cast doesn't get more recognition, particularly at Emmy time.

#11 of 109 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,983 posts

Posted September 27 2013 - 09:31 AM

tumblr_mtr57ztwc51rdh9azo1_1280.png

"23. Reach Out To Springsteen."

"24. Reach Out To Mellencamp."

#12 of 109 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,678 posts

Posted September 27 2013 - 10:50 AM

"11. Free Sundaes" should have worked well in a city with such a high obesity rate. And if Leslie actually got "36. Dog Prom" to happen, she could forget about the recall vote because she'd be made President of the country as soon as the video went on You Tube.

#13 of 109 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,678 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 06:34 PM

Ron getting off the grid was genius.

#14 of 109 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,983 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 07:21 PM

So apparently Eagleton is just Entertainment720 as a city.

Chris Bosh playing for Eagleton High School has me wondering if the team's boosters are Avon Barksdale and Stringer Bell.

She didn't have much to play off of, but Kristen Bell still showed that she's better than what she's given to do on House of Lies (and how cool would it have been to see her and Ben Schwartz in a scene together?).

(Also: Kristen Bell is incredibly MILF-y, now.)

#15 of 109 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,983 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 06:09 PM

tumblr_mu4cpaLAHf1rdh9azo1_400.gif

tumblr_mu5v4yDfNz1rdh9azo1_1280.jpg

I'm such an easy mark for the Eagleton-opulence jokes, but I think the very best one they've ever done was tipping the bankruptcy auditor for his financial advice, with 100 Euros.

#16 of 109 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,087 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 04 2013 - 09:12 PM

I absolutely love Lucy Lawless as Ron's wife.

#17 of 109 Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,933 posts

Posted October 06 2013 - 05:36 AM

Thanks for that, josh. Ron Swanson is one of the best characters on TV and "Parks and Recreation" is still the best comedy. 

#18 of 109 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,983 posts

Posted October 13 2013 - 11:39 AM

Guys, I think Eagleton Ron helped Walt get the Stevia in Lydia's tea.

Watched this latest one again, and I absolutely loved Ron's disappointment with Eagleton Ron. I thought he was about to cry when Sam Elliott started talking about how great The Smiths' "Meat is Murder" is. I could watch "Ron vs. Ron" for hours, so it's a bummer to see Sam Elliott ride into the sunset already.

Also, it's funny that April's doppelganger's real name is June (Diane Raphael, wife of Paul Scheer, proving that some women really do care about personality).

"Tynnyfer, do you have kids?"

"Ewwww, no -- I've had so much rejuvenation, that I don't think a baby could get out of there if it tried."

Loved the Craig/Donna-pairing. Loved Pawnee Ron giving the laser-eye to Eagleton Ron as he described his freegan communal lifestyle. Loved celebratory lunges and masseurs with their own dedicated barista. Loved watching Leslie's cognitive dissonance when faced with waffles and bad news.

Also-also:

Ben compulsively re-watching Twin Peaks (and re-reading "Laura's Diary") to find any Easter Eggs he might have missed.

Edited by joshEH, October 13 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#19 of 109 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,983 posts

Posted October 13 2013 - 11:45 AM

Forgot to mention:

The joy in Ben's face when he described crushing people after Chris had brought their spirits up is easily my favorite Ben-moment ever. I think the show has sort of underutilized Adam Scott in places by essentially making him the straight-man/wet blanket to Leslie and the others, but it's always great to see him have a nerdgasm when talking about accounting.

#20 of 109 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,678 posts

Posted October 13 2013 - 01:17 PM

Ben compulsively re-watching Twin Peaks (and re-reading "Laura's Diary") to find any Easter Eggs he might have missed.

That was like a moment of my own life portrayed onscreen. I don't know whether to feel very happy or very depressed about that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users