What's new

A review of Insidious: Chapter 2 (1 Viewer)

Yavin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ben Mk
Just wanted to share my review of Insidious: Chapter 2 ...
As every filmgoer knows, a good sequel is difficult to get right -- a good horror sequel, even more so. Not only must it find a way to serve up a terrifyingly good time without the benefit of the mystery behind the first instalment, but it should avoid simply retreading old territory and should even expand on the original's mythos. Insidious: Chapter 2 ticks all of those checkboxes, and it does so with maniacal glee. Insidious: Chapter 2 is a fitting successor to the first film. Its deceptively plain title is surprisingly apt because it genuinely feels like a necessary continuation of the story and not some tacked-on cash-in, as horror sequels often are. It's an enjoyable film to boot, with no shortage of chills to thrill moviegoers. Whether or not you're familiar with Chapter 1, Chapter 2 is worth a watch.

Review Score: 3.5 out of 5 (Recommended)
The full review can be found here: http://bit.ly/1awVAVV

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
** mild spoilers ** I just watched the first days ago having never seen it. Starts light, but gets good when they call the psychic. Most films where they call the psychic get better because of it (among my favs are of course Poltergeist, the best...also Paranormal Activity where the guy gets scared and leaves, which was very very effective if you ask me...if it scares the poop out of the psychic you know it's as evil as evil can be).

I talked to my mom yesterday and meant to recommend she see the first film in spite of the scary sounding title. The lack of gore is definitely surprising.

Part 2 is playing in my town. debating seeing it now or waiting. will probably wait since I have so many on my list right now. But...matinees are $4.50..

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
For $4.50, go for it! I haven't paid less than $7 for a matinee in years. I saw "Riddick" yesterday at a matinee showing and paid $9.

I can't wait to see Chapter 2. I'm going to try and convince a friend of mine to watch the first one, then go see the second one with me this weekend.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Malcolm R said:
For $4.50, go for it! I haven't paid less than $7 for a matinee in years. I saw "Riddick" yesterday at a matinee showing and paid $9.

I can't wait to see Chapter 2. I'm going to try and convince a friend of mine to watch the first one, then go see the second one with me this weekend.
The theater here is pretty terrible even though they "upgraded" things. Pacific Rim was a nightmare in messed up 3D.

Still... $4.50!! lol Although I could stay home and watch one of the many Hammer Horrors I have on hand this year..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks