Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Ipad Mini - Sony Bravia TV

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   PaulCooke

PaulCooke

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted September 12 2013 - 07:35 AM

Hi guys could anyone advise me if it is possible to turn on a Bravia TV & SkyHD box from an Ipad (mini) please

I'm not bothered about controlling channels volume etc as I only watch Sky and already have the app for this but unless I can turn the actual Sky box and TV on I still need to use the original remotes !

Both the Sky box and TV are on my network

The TV model is KDL - NX713

(I also have a Sony BD player SD-350 - but never use it anymore although if there is a workaround for this that would be great to)

Many thanks

Paul

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,194 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted October 24 2013 - 02:58 PM

Because the iPad mini controls your devices over WiFi, there is no way to power on or off via an application alone. If you use HDMI control (it's called various things by various manufacturers; my Toshiba calls it REGZA Link; Sony may call it Bravia Link) on your Bravia you *may* be able to simply power on the TV and have the Sky box automatically power on (removing one remote from the mix) check the manual for your Sky box and see if this is possible, but you will not be able to use the iPad for that purpose without external smart remote equipment, like the Logitech Harmony Smart Control, which connects to your WiFi network and uses an IR blaster to replace the IR signals from your remotes.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users