What's new

Asus and Intel show why RT is dead.. (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Asus rolled out their announcement tonight of their new Windows 8.1 Quad Core tablet. No, not RT.. full 8.1.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/11/asus-reveals-transformer-book-t100-with-windows-8-1-for-349-we/
ASUS already added new members to its Transformer family back at Computex, and now at IDF 2013, the company's added yet another, called the Transformer Book T100. It's got a 10.1 inch 1366 x 768 IPS display, 31Wh battery, quad-core Bay Trail-T Atom CPU and runs Windows 8.1. There are 32 ($349) and 64GB ($399) storage options augmented by one free year of ASUS's WebStorage service and a micro-SD reader, plus 2GB of RAM to keep things running smoothly. Connectivity includes micro-USB, micro-HDMI, and a single USB 3.0 port in the detachable dock. The T100 arrives in stores on October 18.

Micro-USB and USB 3.0 port, HDMI, full Windows 8.1, Intel Bay-Trail-T CPU with their new graphics core, flippable doc for a keyboard transformer style... $349.

The best feature of the WinRT tablets was this.. ability to use a citrix connection and manipulate local printers from a server to have the device print directly to networked devices through POS equipment, as well as the ability to run POS software through directed RDP with redirected printer calls.

And.. that's kind of it. Oh, there were a few other perks, but not enough to woo people. But a fully functional complete tablet/transformer with 11 hour battery life is a different thing, and it makes you wonder what market MS sees for RT... frankly, if this works as I expect it to, and I could install a local Pervasive SQL client, Crystal Reports Client and Putty client, then I've got pretty much everything I need for half the departments I support..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks