Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

THE CARDINAL

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 778 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 07:59 AM

Is this German bluray region free? Amazon lists the aspect ratio as 1:77, I hope this is wrong since it should be 2:35.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Douglas R

Douglas R

Screenwriter

• 1,857 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted September 21 2013 - 01:15 AM

Details are on the Concorde Home Entertainment website. It's stated to be 2.40:1 and region B. English audio is DTS-HD 2.0 Master Audio. German subtitles (removable).

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 778 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 12:08 PM

Thanks for info.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   John Hermes

John Hermes

Supporting Actor

• 775 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa (San Diego) CA

Posted September 21 2013 - 02:10 PM

I just ordered it and will report on it, if no one has posted about the quality by the time I get it.  It was about $21 including shipping.

Edited by John Hermes, September 21 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   John Hermes

John Hermes

Supporting Actor

• 775 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa (San Diego) CA

Posted September 30 2013 - 01:16 PM

I got the BD in today from Germany.  It is Zone (Region) B locked.  2.35 AR,  2.0 DTS HD MA English or 1.0 DTS HD MA German track, selectable German subs.   It has an overture at the beginning and intermission music ahead of the second half.  At the beginning there is a title card stating:  "This print is from the National Film and Television Archive", and then a British Board of Censors certificate.  I just spot checked it on my 42" LCD (won't have a chance with the projector for a while).  The video is pretty high contrast with grain on display.  Color is very good.  There is a small amount of gate weave but nothing bad.  The video may be from a print rather than negative or fine grain elements (especially considering the title card at the beginning).  There is a horizontally cropped trailer as well.  Music sounds excellent with a wide stereo spread.  From my spot check, it seems like an okay Blu-ray but certainly nothing of reference quality.

Edited by John Hermes, September 30 2013 - 01:22 PM.

• Robin9 likes this

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Douglas R

Douglas R

Screenwriter

• 1,857 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted October 01 2013 - 05:25 AM

Many thanks John. I'm particularly pleased to learn that it has the overture because that wasn't on the DVD. I'll try to pick this up and a few others when I'm in Germany later this month.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users