What's new

International THE CARDINAL (1 Viewer)

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Is this German bluray region free? Amazon lists the aspect ratio as 1:77, I hope this is wrong since it should be 2:35.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Details are on the Concorde Home Entertainment website. It's stated to be 2.40:1 and region B. English audio is DTS-HD 2.0 Master Audio. German subtitles (removable).

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
I got the BD in today from Germany. It is Zone (Region) B locked. 2.35 AR, 2.0 DTS HD MA English or 1.0 DTS HD MA German track, selectable German subs. It has an overture at the beginning and intermission music ahead of the second half. At the beginning there is a title card stating: "This print is from the National Film and Television Archive", and then a British Board of Censors certificate. I just spot checked it on my 42" LCD (won't have a chance with the projector for a while). The video is pretty high contrast with grain on display. Color is very good. There is a small amount of gate weave but nothing bad. The video may be from a print rather than negative or fine grain elements (especially considering the title card at the beginning). There is a horizontally cropped trailer as well. Music sounds excellent with a wide stereo spread. From my spot check, it seems like an okay Blu-ray but certainly nothing of reference quality.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Many thanks John. I'm particularly pleased to learn that it has the overture because that wasn't on the DVD. I'll try to pick this up and a few others when I'm in Germany later this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks