-

Photo

WTB: Laserdisc Player

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   JerryW

JerryW

Supporting Actor

• 648 posts

Posted June 07 2001 - 02:05 AM

Well, I've got the itch for new gear... and since there's movies I want on LD that don't appear to be coming out on DVD any time soon this seems like a good way to get my itch scratched. Posted Image

I'd prefer a Pioneer player, but I'll consider other brands.

What I'd require:

Excellent working condition
S-Video Out
Remote

What would be nice to have:

AC-3 RF out
Coaxial or Optical Digital out
Double-sided play

I'm willing to spend varying amounts depending on the make and model of the player and it's condition.

Email me at jerry@10not11.org with any offers. Thanks!

------------------
"But you have to remember that a worm, with very few exceptions, is not a human being." - Freddy

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Jin E

Jin E

Second Unit

• 458 posts

Posted June 07 2001 - 02:23 AM

I have a broken (Thanks to Fed-Ex Ground)Pioneer CLD-1090 that you could have really cheap Posted Image

Oh... you want a working one? Can't help you there.

------------------
-Jin
My Theater

-Jin
My Theater

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Westly T

Westly T

Second Unit

• 317 posts

Posted June 07 2001 - 02:41 AM

I know this is a long shot, but...

Last week at my local swapmeet there was a Pioneer LD player for $45.00. It had Optical digital out (For DTS) AC3-RF out (RCA connector), 2 S-Video, composite video, and at least 1 pair of RCA analog Left and right audio out. It had the feature that plays both sides of the disk and the remote was there. It looked to be in very good condition, and they said it worked.

I'm not interested in investing in it (I got a basic Pioneer for $5.00 from there last week and it works perfectly), but it was still there late in the day and may be there this weekend (I think they were a regular there). I'd be willing to try and pick it up, and do a basic test to see it works on your behalf, at your expense, if you like. If it's gone, I'll send back your money, minus any PayPal fees. If I did get it, I'd also need actual shipping cost to send it to you. I recently picked up some energy speakers for Matt Stryker from this forum, and have sold to several forum members including Gregg Loewen (Some time back I sold him both my original LD players, 72 LD movies, and my DD decoder with AC3-RF demodulator)

------------------
- Wes

My Home Theater
The MMG were replaced with 1.6QR's and added Marantz MA-700's. SVS is here. Ok, allot more then that has changed, I'll update my page some day...
- Wes

My old Home Theater

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   JerryW

JerryW

Supporting Actor

• 648 posts

Posted June 07 2001 - 02:58 AM

Jin E, I'd much rather get a player that is working without having to get it repaird after I receive it... it's more hassle than I really want to deal with. Thanks for the offer though.

Thanks Westly, that's a consideration. Although, I think I'm going to wait and see whatever other offers I get. But I will keep your generous offer in mind.

------------------
"But you have to remember that a worm, with very few exceptions, is not a human being." - Freddy

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Jin E

Jin E

Second Unit

• 458 posts

Posted June 07 2001 - 05:01 AM

Westly T,

I'm interested! YGM.

------------------
-Jin
My Theater

-Jin
My Theater

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor

• 908 posts

Posted June 07 2001 - 05:49 AM

Are you interested in discs as well or just a player?

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   JerryW

JerryW

Supporting Actor

• 648 posts

Posted June 07 2001 - 06:01 AM

Mostly just a player, but any bundled offers will be considered.

------------------

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor

• 908 posts

Posted June 07 2001 - 08:57 AM

Well I have a pioneer cld503 with about 40 titles including some disneys and star wars se box set not sure what its all worth though.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Westly T

Westly T

Second Unit

• 317 posts

Posted June 08 2001 - 01:21 AM

I all ready had someone send money for the swapmeet player, so it's no longer available. I should have bought it last week, and made a profit on it. I wasn't sure how big the demand was, oh well.

------------------
- Wes

My Home Theater
The MMG were replaced with 1.6QR's and added Marantz MA-700's. SVS is here. Ok, allot more then that has changed, I'll update my page some day...
- Wes

My old Home Theater

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   David R. Hendrickson

David R. Hendrickson

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted June 08 2001 - 08:53 AM

i have a CLD-D504 i'll sell.

has remote (no battery cover)
2-side play
s-video out
AC-3 out
no manual, but isn't that hard to figure out
no digital out.

works perfect, i just upgraded to a 704.

$230 shipped?

dave

------------------

dave

Widescreen DVD - Because a superior format requires superior formatting.
dave

No, I can't go out. I'm watching Garbo...