What's new

Question on MOD... (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Hardly the purist "techie" person on the forum...

With MOD DVD out there. Sure, at the moment(and the foreseeable future I guess) it is by mail only.

How long does it take for one of these to actually be "made"?

Hours? Mere minutes?

The reason I ask (and started a new thread to not further derail the TT thread) is how "possible is it" that in store MOD kiosks(for lack of a better term) could be made.

Let's say I wanted BattleShip Potemkin today...instead of waiting for it in the mail. Nobody around me is going to stock it. There is no way I could download it(stream sure, and adding to that...extras, that isn't "streamed" anyway) to a disc on my internet. I would assume the sound is more robust via disc than streamed.

Anyway...if there was such a "kiosk" at the local Target...how long would it take the disc to be ready?

Side note...if it were on BD(as BP is available on BD), how long would MOD take?

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
schan1269 said:
Side note...if it were on BD(as BP is available on BD), how long would MOD take?
I don't know of any MOD Blu-Rays. If you're talking about Warner Archives releases, all their blu-rays are pressed discs. I think the subject of "burnt" blu-rays was brought up shortly after WA blu-rays was announced and it was deemed that burnt BRs weren't considered feasible/cost effective.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
schan1269 said:
Hardly the purist "techie" person on the forum...

With MOD DVD out there. Sure, at the moment(and the foreseeable future I guess) it is by mail only.

How long does it take for one of these to actually be "made"?

Hours? Mere minutes?

The reason I ask (and started a new thread to not further derail the TT thread) is how "possible is it" that in store MOD kiosks(for lack of a better term) could be made.

Let's say I wanted BattleShip Potemkin today...instead of waiting for it in the mail. Nobody around me is going to stock it. There is no way I could download it(stream sure, and adding to that...extras, that isn't "streamed" anyway) to a disc on my internet. I would assume the sound is more robust via disc than streamed.

Anyway...if there was such a "kiosk" at the local Target...how long would it take the disc to be ready?

Not sure what studios are using, but my guess is that its better than consumer bought burners, which are:

DVD-2-5 minutes on an average burner.

Blu-Ray-up to 10 minutes depending on the burner(Note: A few but not many high end desk top PC's still have Blu-Ray burners.)

Good idea about the Kiosk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks