What's new

How to Play Video/Movies through USB on Sony DAV-DZ270 (1 Viewer)

rkg65

Auditioning
Real Name
Rajan
I have a 4 year old Sony DAV-DZ270 Home theatre which only supports Audio and Photos through its USB Port. It has one HDMI Out port (and No HDMI In) There is no support for playing videos/ movies through its USB.

Is there any way to play Movies on a pen drive/ Hard Disk/ Digital Media Player through this player? is there Any way to create an HDMI In port? Are there any cheap add-ons that could help?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Nope. Why do you need it to play anything?

You should just connect your "whatever you want to play from" to the TV in question and let it send audio to this. I'm not looking this HTiB up(I don't, on principal, litter my harddrive with OM for HTiB when the owners of such should know what inputs it has...and tell us what it has).

What inputs does it have? Optical? Dig Coax? red/white analog?

And side note. It wouldn't matter if this HTiB included HDMI in. Every single HTiB I've encountered, the HDMI are relegated to 2.0 audio. So if you wanted 5.1 from a HTiB(like this one, where it is a DVD/BD player in one) you have to use the toslink/digital coax anyway.

rkg65

Auditioning
Real Name
Rajan

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The only audio input you have is analog. Mini on the front and RCA on the rear. Your only recourse is Dolby ProLogic.

And the specs for it mention nothing of USB video. Not even pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks