• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 of 47 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted September 13 2013 - 01:59 PM

Is it Robocop or a first generation Earth Cylon? ;)

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#42 of 47 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,316 posts

Posted September 17 2013 - 12:06 PM

Just discovered this thread and was surprised they remade this! I may skip this like I skipped the Total Recall remake.

Steve, you mentioned you are glad the Criterion edition is here to preserve the original film. But you said on blu ray. Really? I have the Criterion DVD and I thought they never made a blu ray of their edition.

#43 of 47 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted September 17 2013 - 12:47 PM

Just discovered this thread and was surprised they remade this! I may skip this like I skipped the Total Recall remake.

Steve, you mentioned you are glad the Criterion edition is here to preserve the original film. But you said on blu ray. Really? I have the Criterion DVD and I thought they never made a blu ray of their edition.

It's not on Criterion, i think he was asking for it on Criterion, really it needs a new film scan and less "enhancements" to the image.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#44 of 47 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,515 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted September 17 2013 - 12:50 PM

The MGM blu-ray edition preserves the Criterion unrated cut.

#45 of 47 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,316 posts

Posted September 17 2013 - 01:14 PM

Thanks, that clears that up about the blu ray. I never got the MGM blu ray. There seemed like more then one MGM release was out there. I guess I'll have to try to find it if its not OOP.

#46 of 47 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,515 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted September 17 2013 - 01:30 PM

There's a single disc available that has the unrated cut.  For $5 more, you can get the trilogy with the same cut, but the second and third movies included (which, personally, I would never watch).

#47 of 47 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,316 posts

Posted September 17 2013 - 02:03 PM

Thanks Steve!

I saw the second one once and never saw the third. But it might be good to have all three for fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users