What's new

Is this announcement REAL or PHOTOSHOPPED? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Someone sent this to me earlier today in hopes that I would get a little excited about what was coming down the road...​
900x900px-LL-a3dfb013_5oz3.png
Thankfully I was let on to the joke much sooner than later​
900x900px-LL-28568840_gph5.jpeg
...or is it a joke?​
We know THE ABYSS has been remastered in 4K and that it is coming out next year.​
The question is....is this an actual announcement from the studio that has been circulating or somebody doing a little Photoshop work?​

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Maybe it's real and photoshopped, i'm 100% certain The Abyss announcement will be coming sooner rather than later as it and True Lies will be out next year.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah, it could be real and the studio just used the same template for
similar packaging.

...and yes, TRUE LIES will be out next year as well.

All in all, it looks like another stellar year for Fox.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
In another thread, someone said it was fake. One thing that makes me think it's fake is that March 14 is a Friday and that would be an unlikely (but not impossible) day especially for a catalog release.

Didier R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Didier Rochefort
Ron, we all know you guys are "tight" with Fox. Is this the subtle way to tell us that suggested day is legit? ;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron, we all know you guys are "tight" with Fox. Is this the subtle way to tell us that suggested day is legit?
Actually....no.

I wouldn't play that kind of game with you guys.

I honestly don't know. The studio is not going to provide a
confirmation. Any plans they have will stay under wraps.

I was hoping you guys could figure it out. I just had this
sent to me earlier today by a regular source not related to
the industry, and it was played out like it could be a photoshop
treatment. I'm not taking the ad seriously, but then again,
anything is possible.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My personal opinion is it's likely to be a fake. Simply because of the treatment of the four visible discs simply having the titles changed from Avatar to Abyss.

While I could see cheaping out on a redesign for an ad and photoshopping in elements from the release of The Abyss, I cannot imagine they would repeat the same exact design for the disc art. If you look at the four discs in each ad, three of the four have exactly the same artwork. That would be incredibly lazy and misleading on the part of the design company (responsible for the ad).

The addition of the air bubbles and lens flare are nice touches though. Maybe JJ Abrams did the photoshop work?!?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Mike Frezon said:
My personal opinion is it's likely to be a fake. Simply because of the treatment of the four visible discs simply having the titles changed from Avatar to Abyss.

While I could see cheaping out on a redesign for an ad and photoshopping in elements from the release of The Abyss, I cannot imagine they would repeat the same exact design for the disc art. If you look at the four discs in each ad, three of the four have exactly the same artwork. That would be incredibly lazy and misleading on the part of the design company (responsible for the ad).

The addition of the air bubbles and lens flare are nice touches though. Maybe JJ Abrams did the photoshop work?!?
This could just be the first pass of the artwork. It could be legit and not be the final product.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Mike Frezon said:
Not enough lens flare for him to have done it. :lol:

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
The Abyss was shot with spherical lenses, so there shouldn't be any lens flares! Further proof this is a fraud!

Cinescott

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Even though I think it's a fake, I like how the design would look great next to Avatar on the shelf... :)

Edit: Fox confirmed this is fake artwork via the Digital Bits.

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
Mr. Finn, is there any word on The Abyss BD release date? Also, are there any plans for Fox/MGM to release remastered edition of The Silence of the Lambs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks