In the end, their only weapons are community. And culture.
TREME®: The Complete Third Season
Available November 19 on Blu-ray™, DVD & Digital Download
Bonus Content Includes Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes & Music Commentaries for Every Episode
New York, N.Y., September 5, 2013 - Two years after Hurricane Katrina ravaged the Crescent City, crime and corruption are on the rise, and outsiders with their own agendas are starting to pour money into the city. In the third season of the critically-acclaimed HBO series Treme, the ordinary people of New Orleans must band together to demand that their music, art and well-being be protected against opposing institutions. From creators/executive producers David Simon and Eric Overmyer (HBO'sThe Wire®), the show was a New York Magazine "Top 10" pick for 2012. Releasing November 19, 2013, Treme: The Complete Third Season on Blu-ray ($49.99), DVD ($39.99) and Digital Download is packed with stimulating special features that help bring to life the art, music, food and culture of one of America's most resilient cities.
For the people of New Orleans, even the promises of redevelopment come with strings attached, and every dollar that shows up - whether from government disaster relief, or from venture capital, or even from those seeking to remake New Orleans in the wake of Katrina - carries with it new dynamics and new risks. National interest has waned, moving on to the next headline, but those who know and love the Crescent City have no choice. They must find their way back to what matters in the life of their city. However, little of what they can bring to bear yields a quick result, and nothing about New Orleans - its government, its police department and courtroom, its school system - works as it should. Nothing is easy.
Blu-ray Special Features (along with all DVD features):
- Down in the Treme: A Look at the Music and Culture of New Orleans: Learn more about New Orleans' unique culture including its music, cuisine, landmarks, and more with this in-episode viewing mode.
DVD Special Features:
- Three "Behind Treme" featurettes: Chef Dinner, David Simon & Neville Brothers
- The Music of Treme - provides song & artist info
- Music commentaries on all ten episodes with WBGO's Josh Jackson and NPR Music's Patrick Jarenwattananon
- Audio Commentaries - five commentaries from creator/executive producer David Simon, executive producer Nina Kostroff Noble, supervising producer/director Anthony Hemingway, director Tim Robbins, writers Anthony Bourdain, Eric Overmyer, and George Pelecanos, music supervisor Blake Leyh, and cast members Khandi Alexander, Rob Brown, Clarke Peters, and Wendell Pierce
- Episode previews and recaps
The ensemble cast of Treme includes: Wendell Pierce as Antoine Batiste; Khandi Alexander as LaDonna Batiste-Williams; Clarke Peters as Albert Lambreaux; Rob Brown as Delmond Lambreaux; Steve Zahn as Davis McAlary; Kim Dickens as Janette Desautel; Oscar® winner Melissa Leo as Toni Bernette; Lucia Micarelli as Annie Tee; Michiel Huisman as Sonny; David Morse as Terry Colson; Jon Seda as Nelson Hidalgo; India Ennenga as Sofia Bernette; and new cast member Chris Coy as L.P. Everett.
Season 3 features live performances and cameos from notable New Orleans legends including The Neville Brothers, Fats Domino, Tab Benoit, Dr. Michael White, The Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Sonny Landreth, The Red Stick Ramblers, Monk Boudreaux, James "Sugarboy" Crawford and Davell Crawford, Kermit Ruffins, John Boutte, The Hot 8 Brass Band, Anders Osborne, Tom McDermott, Marcia Ball, Meschiya Lake, Ivan Neville, Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews, Glen David Andrews, Donald Harrison, Jr. and The Valparaiso Men's Chorus, among others.
Treme: The Complete Third Season
Blu-ray, DVD & Digital Download
Street Date: November 19, 2013
Order Date: October 15, 2013
Runtime: Approx. 636 minutes (including bonus features)
Price: $39.99 DVD SRP
Price: $49.99 BD SRP
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.